Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quasar love...

Spectacular Member

Default Quasar love...

Anybody else miss the Wendell Vaughn Quasar? I know that he passed the brackets to Avril Kincaid after the Pleasant Hill story, but didn't she die at the end of Secreruns Empire? I didn't mind the character, but she was never given the chance at all (neither was Phyla-Vell either).
    But I would like the Avril Kincaid character to come back as Quasar but also have Wendell Vaughj back in action too. It never really made any sense to me why he gave up the mantle or how he was able to remove the brackets. If I remember correctly, they couldn't come off until the user died, which he did during Annihilation.
    What I would like to see happen is have Avril return still using the Quantum Bands and find out that Wendell still has the power too. I remember his return was based on his usage of the Quantum Bands and his body was compromised completely of the Quantum energy. Once he got the Bands back, he created a new body for himself that was "flesh and blood". He told Avril that the Bands were causing him issues, so it could be explained that he is a Quantum being and the Bands were causing a significant overload. The he has become infused with the power like Alan Scott did in JSA. Alan was no longer human in the strictest sense and was a being comprised of Green Flame. He didn't even need the ring anymore and had only manifested it when he took back the name Green Lanterm.
    Those are my thoughts....anyone else want to see this happen?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would love to see Wendell Vaughn return as Quasar. He was just such a good character that never really got the right push. Even when he was an Avenger he seemed like kind of and afterthought in most of their stories. He is like Nova in his cosmic stories are epic, but his more down to Earth stuff leaves you wanting more.

I'd love a Nova (Rich) and Quasar (Wendell) team up. They seemed like really good friends.

Spectacular Member

He was the leader of the Annihilators after Star-Lord and Nova died in the Cancerverse. They should bring him back I a team like that....

I've done a lot of Quasar backissue reading, lately; in an effort to learn more about the Angler and the Project Pegasus. it's dated. but he was a nice enough character. it'd be great if he showed up in the cinematic universe (maybe the Eternals). I wonder who currently has the quantum bands.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would love to see Wendell Vaughn return as Quasar. He was just such a good character that never really got the right push. Even when he was an Avenger he seemed like kind of and afterthought in most of their stories. He is like Nova in his cosmic stories are epic, but his more down to Earth stuff leaves you wanting more.

Wendell decided to "retire," which is odd because he's still younger than Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc., AND he was very good at his role. Something must have happened. ALSO, as far as we know, Wendell never met Robert Grayson, the original "Marvel Boy" who later took on the name Uranian. Last we knew, Wendell thought he was the Crusader and had died! I'd love a story that starts at Avril's funeral and the Quantum Bands are handed "back" to Wendell. As he's mulling his future, Robert Grayson reaches out to him and introduces himself. At that point Marvel Boy meets Marvel Man! Perhaps they have an adventure together, and Wendell decides to come out of retirement and once again be the bold superhero we all know he is! I miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Whoa, love that pic! It looks like the Quantum energy is inside Quasar. Very powerful looking Quasar!

Hey all. Definitely would like to see Wendell return to active duty. Now, whether that's as Quasar or someone else, I'll leave that up to Marvel. But as long as I see Wendell flying around and shooting quantum energy, I'll be happy. Indeed, I think we all remember the outcry when Quasar was updated for Annihilation only to be one of the event's first casualities. A lot of us were pissed when he didn't come back at the end of the event and a lot of us were happy when he came back in the pages of Nova.

So, we fought hard to see him back. What should he be doing now? I was supportive of him being in the mentor role to Avril, but felt that he could play a more prominent role.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Wendell has apparently regained the bands and become Quasar again -- he was seen in the background of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 as part of the group of cosmic beings assembled by Starfox for the reading of Thanos' will. He can be seen on a few pages, standing behind Moondragon and Phyla.

Since that was just a cameo, it could turn out to be an art error. If he had no lines, there's no reason to think he specifically was in the script.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Richard Rider and Wendell Vaughn are my two favorite Marvel characters. I would love to see them in a team up title. Butch and Sundance in Space!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I've done a lot of Quasar backissue reading, lately; in an effort to learn more about the Angler and the Project Pegasus. it's dated. but he was a nice enough character. it'd be great if he showed up in the cinematic universe (maybe the Eternals). I wonder who currently has the quantum bands.
    I've read the first trade by Guggenheim recently too and I must say I like Wendell very much.
    I love how polite he always is and how he often tries to talk to avoid pointless fights.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I've read the first trade by Guggenheim recently too and I must say I like Wendell very much.
    I love how polite he always is and how he often tries to talk to avoid pointless fights.
    I've always said he's the "Captain America of Space."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since that was just a cameo, it could turn out to be an art error. If he had no lines, there's no reason to think he specifically was in the script.
    True enough--but at this point there is also no real reason to think it wasn't him. Avril has been reported as dead, so its not unreasonable to think that the bands could have reverted back to him. They did when Phyla died, after all.

So, until such time as a writer decides to say no it wasn't him, as far as we've seen he's back.

The Protector of the Universe. That's no small $#!%. And the one that actually survived the job. Wendell really needs to make a comeback. His PC substitutes really weren't up to the job (I liked Phylla as Martyr, though. Looking forward to seeing her in GOTG).

Peace