Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It's also posted to the #RachelGrey hashtag that's where I was able to get the picture link because it was hidden on the original twitter post.
    https://twitter.com/TalkRachelGrey/s...23955097096199

https://krscomics.com/collections/po...28929574043701
    I don't know that THAT is proof of anything. Rain doesn't say it, and they colored it. They mentioned coloring Rachel in the border but not the large image. The only thing at this point pointing in this direction is the caption from the HoX/PoX free preview comic yesterday where is clearly notes Rachel as Dark Phoenix.

Oh, the colorist confirmed it's Rachel
    Attachment 84700
    Rain only says that they colored Rachel in the border. Not that the central image is Rachel.

Oh, the colorist confirmed it's Rachel
    Attachment 84700
    I see what he did in the picture. In the two variants on the Rachel one the border Rachel is emphasized and stands out more to show both variations of Rachel present on the comic. On the other variant for the other character "Rasputin" Rachel's side picture isn't as emphasized.

I see what he did in the picture. In the two variants on the Rachel one the border Rachel is emphasized and stands out more to show both variations of Rachel present on the comic. On the other variant for the other character "Rasputin" Rachel's side picture isn't as emphasized.
    Update: It's Jean, not Rachel, according to Rain. Rachel was labeled for the border but not as the center image. It was listed as Phoenix in the file he received but Rain said it's Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Due to the tepid reception to this book sales wise, I’m not anticipating Kid Cable showing up anywhere for awhile. Which is fine with me honestly.
    Yeah, but I think that has more to do with nothing interesting happening in the book, and the fact that most books that aren't Uncanny, or Wolverine tend to not last as long in current day. Replace Kid Cable with any other character, and it'd still likely end up canceled, anyway. Hopefully HOX can change that, though.

But back to Kid Cable, he's probably gonna fill the role of Regular Cable for a bit, otherwise why not just conclude his story in the last issue, while he's in the future.
    Last edited by GSman; 07-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, but I think that has more to do with nothing interesting happening in the book, and the fact that most books that aren't Uncanny, or Wolverine tend to not last as long in current day. Replace Kid Cable with any other character, and it'd still likely end up canceled, anyway. Hopefully HOX can change that, though.

But back to Kid Cable, he's probably gonna fill the role of Regular Cable for a bit, otherwise why not just conclude his story in the last issue, while he's in the future.
    I was really hoping he'd stay in the future. Because now it looks like he's going to be around a while. And no real Cable for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I was really hoping he'd stay in the future. Because now it looks like he's going to be around a while. And no real Cable for a while longer.
    I'm interested to see what the plan is with him given that he has to back to the future (with a mindwipe) at some point. Otherwise the timeline gets messed up. Meanwhile I'm pumped that at least for an arc we get a Summers-Grey book with Rachel-Jean-Scott-Corsair-Nate-Vulcan-Alex. Should be fun. I hope Hickman does Ray some justice.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

WiFi seems like an idea approved by the previous editorial regime, but they kinda are stuck with it for now because there hasn't even been one year since Extermination.

I guess they could add to Cable’s already hyper convoluted history by showing how he learns from the X-men in the present day, taking those skills and training back to his future, where he’ll employ them; and then eventually coming back to our past as the older man we all knew. Thus also showing how good Nathan was at keeping secrets. Could be interesting, but wow does that make an already complex character far more confusing! Ha.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I guess they could add to Cable’s already hyper convoluted history by showing how he learns from the X-men in the present day, taking those skills and training back to his future, where he’ll employ them; and then eventually coming back to our past as the older man we all knew. Thus also showing how good Nathan was at keeping secrets. Could be interesting, but wow does that make an already complex character far more confusing! Ha.
    I believe he will just be mindwiped like the teen O5 when he goes back to his time.

He doesn’t need to be. Cable has always had lots of secrets, and on many occasions has alluded to things he knows that he’s not allowed to disclose...for the good of the timeline. This would just be keeping with that characterization honestly.