Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Glad that Rachel had her own agency in this final issue, even if WiFi had to tell her to stand down to preserve the timeline (something she would absolutely know). However, the art in this entire series was atrocious. Okay, maybe someone enjoyed it, but I did not and it really hampered my enjoyment of the book.
    Well she was just a little bit angry so I can understand her just wanting to kill Stryfe. There was something she said too about always letting them get away. I don't think she was just talking about Stryfe, she may have been talking about Ahab too. That's why I kind of wonder if she goes in more of an anti-hero direction when she shows up again. I am going to lay bets down that she doesn't become the actual Dark Phoenix, I bet she starts calling herself Dark Phoenix because she intends to start using any means necessary to take down enemies. Rachel deciding to embrace the Dark Phoenix costume to intimidate people would be kind of fun actually. I can imagine all the drama that would cause with everyone if she starts going around and calling herself Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    It was an okay story. The problem with this book for me is that it took too much time on Kid Cable, a character I really don't care for. I wish he stayed in the future, honestly. The X-Force were the thing that made people come to this book, and I feel we got very little of them.

And for me it will never make sense that people are okay with him killing Old Cable. He might become Old Cable one day, but in practical sense, they are different people, and he killed him without mercy. That's just dumb. And since he won't even apologize, I can't make myself like him and understand people being okay with him either. Also, why make the O5 come back to their time just to have a time displaced Cable? sigh

Happy that Rachel took control of her life and showed to be very powerful and heroine. I hope they have big plans for her. And Boom Boom!
    On top of that, they keep trying to make WiFi out to be justified in killing Cable as "he wasn't doing his job and motivated by selfish reasons" yet ignore his hypocrisy considering that he messed with time himself in order to revive Cyclops under the selfish notion that "It wasn't right" for Cyclops to be dead.

This was a good read but i'm not sure any of it will matter going forward but for what it was this was a good series and i loved the art.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well she was just a little bit angry so I can understand her just wanting to kill Stryfe. There was something she said too about always letting them get away. I don't think she was just talking about Stryfe, she may have been talking about Ahab too. That's why I kind of wonder if she goes in more of an anti-hero direction when she shows up again. I am going to lay bets down that she doesn't become the actual Dark Phoenix, I bet she starts calling herself Dark Phoenix because she intends to start using any means necessary to take down enemies. Rachel deciding to embrace the Dark Phoenix costume to intimidate people would be kind of fun actually. I can imagine all the drama that would cause with everyone if she starts going around and calling herself Dark Phoenix.
    I agree with you about always letting them get away - a constant issue with comics. And even if they do put the enemy down permanently they always seem to spring back up somehow. I always remember in End of Greys were she said that the Death Commandos fear she was Phoenix, but after what she would do to them they would wish she was. I am butchering the line but in essence she was going to do worse to them than the cosmic firebird ever would have.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Though I wonder now that this book's finished, where WiFi's gonna show up in next. I assume he might be apart of one of those first waves of books, that's been talked about after HOX. I think they're gonna have him stick around for the time being, considering this last issue was their chance to get rid of him for good and leave him in the future, and bring back Cable, so they probably have plans with him, though he has no justifiable reasons to be in the past after sending the O5 back, and bringing back Scott.
    Due to the tepid reception to this book sales wise, I’m not anticipating Kid Cable showing up anywhere for awhile. Which is fine with me honestly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I hope this is the direction she will take in the new X-titles because it's the impress she gave at the end of X-Force.

This will be interesting, I am still not sure how much she will be featured but she did get a variant cover:
    https://twitter.com/ComicwatchACE/st...419201/photo/1

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Well up until last week most were sure it was supposed to be Jean. But now that the Mark Brooks poster labels Rachel as Dark Phoenix, it could in fact be Rachel. Hmmmm, don't know how I feel about this if so.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 07-18-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    We're pretty sure it's not Rachel, unless the artist tells us so.
    Looks like Dark Phoenix to me, never seen a depiction of Rachel close to that. Then again, I've missed a lot of her appearances in Excalibur and later comics.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Looks like Dark Phoenix to me, never seen a depiction of Rachel close to that. Then again, I've missed a lot of her appearances in Excalibur and later comics.
    Well Rachel wore the Dark Phoenix costume for 10-12 issues in Excalibur back in the day. I literally just edited my post to note that in the Mark Brooks cover poster where Rachel is shown in the Dark Phoenix costume and labeled as Dark Phoenix.

Well Rachel wore the Dark Phoenix costume for 10-12 issues in Excalibur back in the day. I literally just edited my post to note that in the Mark Brooks cover poster where Rachel is shown in the Dark Phoenix costume and labeled as Dark Phoenix.
    Well, in that case. The short hair IS more Rachel than Jean, assuming it is short, the flames get a little in the way.

I assume she got rid of the hound marks while Phoenix:ing in Excalibur too?

It's also posted to the #RachelGrey hashtag that's where I was able to get the picture link because it was hidden on the original twitter post.
    https://twitter.com/TalkRachelGrey/s...23955097096199

https://krscomics.com/collections/po...28929574043701

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Well, in that case. The short hair IS more Rachel than Jean, assuming it is short, the flames get a little in the way.

I assume she got rid of the hound marks while Phoenix:ing in Excalibur too?
    I think it's Rachel because Jean already has a variant cover showing her history. Everyone on twitter thinks it's Rachel.

Thing is Rachel is already in the corner of the cover, and Jean is nowhere to be found, which makes me think she's the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Thing is Rachel is already in the corner of the cover, and Jean is nowhere to be found, which makes me think she's the big one.
    Oh, the colorist confirmed it's Rachel
    2019-07-18_12-26-10.jpg