Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bumping up this thread two years later, . . .

Since Black Canary and Barbara both currently seem a bit too busy these days to be regular members of the BoP, do you think think it could be feasible to relaunch a new "Birds of Prey" team?
    Who would you want as regular members of the team?
    (NOTE: Black Canary and Barbara could still make occasional guest appearances.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Bumping up this thread two years later, . . .

Since Black Canary and Barbara both currently seem a bit too busy these days to be regular members of the BoP, do you think think it could be feasible to relaunch a new "Birds of Prey" team?
    Who would you want as regular members of the team?
    (NOTE: Black Canary and Barbara could still make occasional guest appearances.)
    I feel like if it's not them, why bother calling the team Birds of Prey instead of something else? Whoever else wants to form a team can come up with their own name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I feel like if it's not them, why bother calling the team Birds of Prey instead of something else? Whoever else wants to form a team can come up with their own name.
    You could maybe have a team with both Huntress and Lady Blackhawk as well as others.

I'd just remove Black Canary from the Deathstroke book so she could rejoin BoP while still being a Leaguer.
    Babs could be a member of both the Batgirls and BoP. In BoP, she could play the Oracle role while in Batgirls she could be more hands on.
    My ideal team would be:

Black Canary (field leader)
    Huntress
    Starling
    +
    Oracle (mission control)

Retired

To satisfy my ordered brain all the Birds of Prey should have bird codenames. Also, to make me really happy, they should be named for birds of prey. A canary is not a bird of prey. So Nighthawk, Night Owl, Blackhawk, Lady Blackhawk, Black Condor, Golden Eagle, Hawk (but not Dove), Falcon, Vulture may all apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Oracle
    Black Canary
    Huntress

Guest stars as needed.

No Harley!

If I had to add someone new to the mix, I'd choose Onyx Adams.
    Pretty much second that, the classic line up with no Harley.

Oracle
    Black Canary
    Huntress

Guest starts circulating in an out

Vixen
    Power Girl
    Hawk & Dove

(I prefer BOP to be made of street fighter level heroes as opposed to heavy duty metahumans, Vixen is a little more subtle though)

Lady blackhawk works good in the mix, I'm pretty much open to whoever else comes in provided it fits with the premise of BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    To satisfy my ordered brain all the Birds of Prey should have bird codenames. Also, to make me really happy, they should be named for birds of prey. A canary is not a bird of prey. So Nighthawk, Night Owl, Blackhawk, Lady Blackhawk, Black Condor, Golden Eagle, Hawk (but not Dove), Falcon, Vulture may all apply.
    Nighthawk? Falcon? Vulture?

Wouldn't Marvel Comics object?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Nighthawk? Falcon? Vulture?

Wouldn't Marvel Comics object?
    Nighthawk (Hannibal Hawkes) was a masked cowboy mystery man who had a long run in WESTERN COMICS. I took a stab in the dark with Falcon and Vulture. The Falcon was a one-shot crook who tangled with Martian Manhunter. As well, Vulture was a criminal organization headed by J'Onn's long time foe, Faceless. And there was the Black Vulture, an old foe of Niles Calder. When the Doom Patrol came to rescue the Chief from his enemy, they were overwhelmed by the Vulture's birds of prey--but Niles' friend White Feather and his band of braves had an old score to settle with the Vulture, too, and they saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Nighthawk (Hannibal Hawkes) was a masked cowboy mystery man who had a long run in WESTERN COMICS.
    Yes, and he was later retconned into being one of Hawkman's past lives.

But that was a Western character in the 19th century; creating a modern-day Nighthawk may be more problematic when dealing with Marvel (see: Captain Marvel).

Spectacular Member

Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, Lady Blackhawk are givens. Other slots can go to Starling, Bluebird and the Montoya Question. If you want to keep it bird themed you could make her Owl related as in "Who? That is the Question"

Oracle, Black Canary, Batwoman
    I'd have an open slot or two for characters to rotate in and out for story arcs. I'd keep those three as the core but characters like Manhunter, Huntress, Spoiler, Catman, etc coming in and out keeps the line up fresh and keeps the ongoing team from getting too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Oracle
    Black Canary
    Huntress

Guest stars as needed.

No Harley!

If I had to add someone new to the mix, I'd choose Onyx Adams.
    This. Because it is PERFECTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    All your suggestions are very cool. Especially the more obscure ones!

My opinion? ... Of all the places I'd feel good seeing Montoya Question show up, it's in a BoP book by Azz. So far, her appearances as The Question have always felt out of place and contrived. But I would love to see her in a BoP book written by Azz.

In another thread about dream titles, I had put Azz or Lemire as a writer I'd put on a Question book (I'm a huge Vic Sage fan). Now we have Lemire confirmed on a Vic Sage book, if we can get Montoya in BoP by Azz, I'd get both my wishes fulfilled!

So I'd put in her in the core group with all the others you would expect.

Manhunter would be interesting to see pop up in this book.
    Orphan for sure! I've been hankering to see her break from Batman's orbit.
    I know this one is weird but I have a soft spot for Inza Nelson, it would be nice to see her come back as Dr. Fate for maybe an arc with Zatanna. I know that's a curve ball though...
    My guess is DC's plans for Catwoman is to put her in the lead role in the Batman book for a while, so it would make a ton of sense to find her as a recurring character in BoP.

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.
    Did you check out the Lois Lane maxi by Rucka? Montoya and several other street levelers feature

Barbara Gordan
    Huntress
    Katana
    Jonni Thunder (sans Thunderbolt)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Why would cat-themed characters (Catwoman, Catman) be included in a team called Birds of Prey? I'd even question Batgirl's inclusion, since she is based on a bat.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 07-20-2021 at 05:01 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi