View Poll Results: Which post-Bendis flagship title has been the worst?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extraordinary X-Men by Lemire

22 14.97%
  • X-Men Gold by Guggenheim

64 43.54%
  • Uncanny X-Men by Rosenberg

61 41.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I sincerely believe that Hope, Juggernaut and Banshee were for their powers and not for their characters. He needed someone capable of copying powers for the portal after Magik and confronting Emma. He needed someone who could fly for his chemtrail absurdity. Just as the only role of Juggernaut is to have someone with telepathic resistance.
    He already had Magik for that which he ignored. I believe Banshee was here bc he was a loose end from AXM. He and Alex are the only two characters that didnt go to AoX, so he brought them here

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He already had Magik for that which he ignored. I believe Banshee was here bc he was a loose end from AXM. He and Alex are the only two characters that didnt go to AoX, so he brought them here
    But he being with Hope did not make any sense.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I mean did any of it after looking back on the series?

Of these options? Extraordinary. Easily the biggest disappointment in awhile. Great writer, Storm back in command, Iceman recently out, a solid line up that felt fresh but classic at the same time. That said All-New, All Different and Uncanny were both lackluster as well and plagued by the horrid IvX (a story that could have had a minority v different minority potential that turned SOOOO generic). But man this is one of the worst era of the X-Men ever. I favored Gold to Blue - it was basic, easily forgettable if for the Rogue and Gambit wedding, but it was consistent. Rosenberg's run lacks focus and felt like a place holder but I enjoyed it more than others. I think the problem all these books suffered was 1) Marvel being anti-X-Men due to film rights and 2) No Flagship or title providing new concepts to ADD to the mythos; which is why I believe people are actually excited for Hickman's run...

“I think one of the big mistakes that some people make at Marvel Comics is that we are reactive to what they’re doing in the Marvel films,” Hickman says. “We should not be taking our creative cues from the direction they’re taking things in the movies. That kind of defeats the point. They have a billion dollars to play with, and we don’t. You can’t compete in that matter, and you shouldn’t. My argument has been [that] I should always be way out in front of that stuff. All of that stuff is being drawn from source material. It goes back to, are you being destructive or are you being additive? If you’re being additive and you’re on the big books, it’s inevitable that some of that stuff is going to get used. When Marvel films gets around to the X-Men and we’ve done interesting stuff and they want to use it, that’s awesome. If they don’t, then they don’t. One makes your job expendable, the other one makes you priceless. I like having value to my work.” - Hickman

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/17/...-x-powers-of-x

And to be clear... I don't think Bendis run had an actual direction/concept for the series during his run as well. Bendis ran on the leftovers of Fraction/Aaron's runs; the 05 coming back is not a direction but a plot point. And one that should have been limited to 12 issues MAX.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 07-18-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hm. I think Rosenberg has done the best X title work (Astonishing/Uncanny) since Gillen got derailed by AvX, without a real contender for competition besides Spurrier. The cliches in Uncanny of course being sort of the point.

But Extraordinary and Gold were terrible. Lemire is good but that wasn't. Guggenheim... I thought people were underestimating him but it was a downhill ski from day one.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

IA. He failed to make that make sense. I liked the initial speculation that she was undercover in the MLF with Banshee but that wasnt the case. Banshee himself seemed to be better by the end of AXM yet was back to being a zombie here

Is this also including Disassembled?

This is a real Sophie's Choice

Mighty Member

I think both Gugg and Rosenberg runs were bad but for very different reasons..But Rosenberg was the most flagrantly horrible to me.. Why kill POC characters who are essentially utilized as wallpaper with out purpose or agency in the story. I just want to know if they actually consult with people when they write out storylines or revise ideas when the edit their work.. When reading these stories.. I want it to make sense so bad but it doesn't.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I included it in my count but then I only got 4/22 good issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I included it in my count but then I only got 4/22 good issues.
    Don't forget the War of the Realms issues. And that annual. I count uhhhhh 4/25. 10, 19, and the first & second issues of the WotR tie-in.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That's not fair, lol. 90% of the dialogue not uttered by X-Man could be reassigned with a dart board and nobody would notice.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Lmao, nothing could ever top Gold.

Gold was longer but the parody reviews of it on here made the run enjoyable lol

Rosenberg's run was pure misery.

This is a hard choice. I don't think any of those books in the poll were good, and its hard to say which was the worst. I'm constantly surprised by those who enjoyed Rosenberg's Uncanny. It felt uneven and too much death and most of it came across as kind of pointless. It was like 'eh, who will die this issue?' The trans panic-esque story with Rahe was so tone deaf and disgusting that I can't with his book. Rosenberg is too problematic.

Gold.. was bad but I sort of enjoyed parts of it because of the cast.