Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    he was all dark an edgy with Lemire
    Guggenheim had him get imapled a few times and not die because he has no soul

if it isnt a plot point and has no consequences, then having no soul is good, it just makes you immortal
    He wasn’t dark and edgy in EX-Men because of his lack of soul, it was because he got traumatized from seeing a hole filled with mutant corpses. And I think he got tortured.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Although he is not above ignore stupid ideas; for example, the Beyonder being an Inhuman.
    That was Bendis.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That was Bendis.
    I know, the stupid ideas of other writers (Bendis made Beyonder an Inhuman in the NA: Illuminati mini).

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    he was all dark an edgy with Lemire
    Guggenheim had him get imapled a few times and not die because he has no soul

if it isnt a plot point and has no consequences, then having no soul is good, it just makes you immortal
    Yeah I dont see how everyone has forgotten he has a soul. Its not something thats really needed to come up and as you mentioned the lat time it was actually relevant was in Gold, where it was

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    hmmm Fration not being able to write Scemma vs giving him a creative team of Pixie, Dazzler, Northstar, Namor, and Emma

Wave 1.5 for an X-Man solo
    Add Bobby and I'd buy the crap out of that team.

This was the weirdest run I've read in forever. Larroca is a great artist but this was some of his worst work, story-telling wise. Entire things felt missed out.. but most of that has to be blamed on Rosenberg. I liked some of his ideas, but they were just badly executed. Too much death out of nowhere. Everyone out of character bar a couple characters.

Dani's little speech at the start of this last issue was successfully meta but like... that doesn't make all the death worth it. I assume it'll be reversed but maybe not.

Cackled at Jean and Scott. Like...OK (?)

So little time spent on those who died. Urgh.

Default Uncanny X-men 22: Scott and Jean reunited...

Ugh... Please tell Jott isn't gonna be a thing now... I'm fine with Scemma not getting back together but Jott again? Seriously?.. ugh...

What are your guy's thoughts?

can't believe rosenberg and larroca just pasted this meme into an x-men comic

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Even Emma is trying to see that booty while Logan is silently moping about losing his man crush.

Lorna's in the background like "Oh. My. God Dani look at her butt..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by iamre View Post

Ugh... Please tell Jott isn't gonna be a thing now... I'm fine with Scemma not getting back together but Jott again? Seriously?.. ugh...

What are your guy's thoughts?
    That's a boring hook up. Should of put Jean with someone more entertaining...like Exodus.

That kiss scene was the worst part of the story.

It's too much soap opera, even for the X-men.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

As a Jott fan, I LOVE that they got back together (we'll see if it carries over to Hickman or not), but the execution of the scene was just awkward. It really does feel like a slap in Emma's face. I don't mind Wolverine being shut down, though. He was never with Jean in a romantic capacity: they shared a couple kisses over the years, but they never had any kind of developed romantic relationship.

I mean, he kept a freaking lock of her hair, even after she was married to Scott. Freaking stalker, Logan is.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    As a Jott fan, I LOVE that they got back together (we'll see if it carries over to Hickman or not), but the execution of the scene was just awkward. It really does feel like a slap in Emma's face. I don't mind Wolverine being shut down, though. He was never with Jean in a romantic capacity: they shared a couple kisses over the years, but they never had any kind of developed romantic relationship.

I mean, he kept a freaking lock of her hair, even after she was married to Scott. Freaking stalker, Logan is.
    It's just Rosenberg trying to show how much he hates that Emma is part of the X-Men. I wouldn't be surprised if Jean and Scott say something to convince Emma to remain part of the team in HoX/PoX as an olive branch. If this were realistic Emma would probably distance herself from the X-Men and focus on Frost International and the HFC and refrain from ever interacting with the X-Men. Because it was kind of a slap in the face for Emma and I can't imagine her sticking around and just taking it indefinitely. I think she would just leave after the camera shot and take the first flight out of the US to work on rebuilding her company and the HFC.

That might even be the state of things when HoX starts that Emma went off on her own again and they don't even know where she is. So in the event she is either pulled back in because of what X does, or she needs help against Shaw, or they need her help at some point in the event.

Well Jean had a slap on her face twice, time to Emma feels the same. They are closer to equality

BANNED

Remember when Jubilee erroneously thought she caught Jean and Logan getting it on in a seedy motel? Only to learn that it was Mystique?