Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Dani: “I lost brothers and sisters.”

*Scott’s brother dies a few pages later*

Me: lol

Also, remember when Cebulski tweeted about new writers shoving everything into their books in case they don’t last long? Anyone think he was talking about Rosenberg now?
    I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dont like the execution but dont blame him. He was given multiple books last year, most of which got no resolution bc it was clear that he was set up to spearhead the X-line and then we hear rumblings of Hickman taking over. They give him Uncanny and he pretty much just has this to wrap everything up. I think he had intended to play the long game initially but wasnt given the opportunity which resulted in it all being rushed
    The senseless deaths, nonsensical character motivations, and bizarre mind control and kidnapping plot points would have been even worse strung out over years. If your grand design can't come to fruition but you know you have 12 issues to work with, change the story!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    OOh juicy
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...79327728914432

Definetely sounds like Rosenberg in Uncanny.
    Good to see twitter replies are still acting as habitat for absolute garbage-tier humanity.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Indeed, this was senseless. And a return to the monstrous witch trope for Illyana Rasputin.

Mighty Member

People are always posting for certain characters to die. He or she should be killed off because of reasons... But now that certain characters have been killed off in this run(and we know that most if not all will be undone, Sean is already back) people are complaining about meaningless deaths. Rosenberg did the best he could with what he had. Whatever he did was going to be forgotten/ignored by Hickman. Basically it looks like the majority of the dislike of this run comes down to the treatment of Scott and Emma, that's it and nothing else. Scott was to apologetic and sorry for his past decisions and lost leadership. While Emma was presented as not being smart or in control and not getting her way. But its all over and done with now. Time for Hickman's new era, hope it's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    People are always posting for certain characters to die. He or she should be killed off because of reasons... But now that certain characters have been killed off in this run(and we know that most if not all will be undone, Sean is already back) people are complaining about meaningless deaths. Rosenberg did the best he could with what he had. Whatever he did was going to be forgotten/ignored by Hickman. Basically it looks like the majority of the dislike of this run comes down to the treatment of Scott and Emma, that's it and nothing else. Scott was to apologetic and sorry for his past decisions and lost leadership. While Emma was presented as not being smart or in control and not getting her way. But its all over and done with now. Time for Hickman's new era, hope it's a good one.
    Yeah, thing's like teen suicide and poor trans metaphor are because Scott and Emma fans.

You have to be delusional if you think this is just about Emma and Scott.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    You have to be delusional if you think this is just about Emma and Scott.
    Agreed. Those were just TOW of the characters he ruined.

Creed was one of my favorites, and the pathetic display Rosenberg gave him made me stop liking the character. Pak was bad enough, then Rosenberg surpassed him for most pathetic one since Bendis. And note how Mystique is the villain who got to make the main book, escape unscathed, and is lined up with the X-Men like she's part of the team. While Creed got offed in a tie-in like D-List fodder. Hell I was on the fence, but after Rosenberg, I don't even wanna see him in HOX /POX. And Mystique being in it was equally as de-hyping.

Rahne's death was very controversial when it comes off like trans panic, and rather than fight back, she just lays there & gets killed for a half-assed metaphor and to give Logan something to do. A better alternative would've been for Creed to kill her/ THAT would've made BOTH those two look better than the crap we got.

Chamber's death was so bad it was comical. That came off like a South Park parody.

A future-seer who can see the future, but still kills herself because she can't see hope in the future, even though Hickman is showing some.

The characters having little to no depth with them. Other characters who regressed to levels they were shown to be passed before. etc

This run had many issues with characterization, and meaningless convenient deaths that defied how powers worked or were oh-so convenient for shutting down powers.

Rosenberg had free reign to do whatever, and yet he couldn't do better that the crap we got. Bunn was bogged down by editorial and still managed to give better story & character interactions. And EVERYTHING he did was ignored after that run.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-18-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Is it just me or did you guys also feel that Jean saying "Oh, Scott. What did they do to you...?" line was also some sort of meta language?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I still can't get over the fact(s) that this moron:

1. Made a deal with Emma Frost in the first place after that insane IvX stunt.
    2. Couldn't be bothered to track down the bomb he put inside her head.
    3. Couldn't be bothered to share his upgraded psy-shielding tech.
    4. Heck, doesn't he still have mutant prisoners? Couldn't he have just killed one of her former students and brought the severed head(s) just to spite her? If only for the villainous street cred?
    But was so BORING but like a marv sue. Like at least tell us what his deal is give him quirks history and faults. Just having a villain with plot armor is boring and insulting. It’s not impossible to make a military villain good either just look at one piece. A good number of the villain are military and op as all get out but they still have history, personality and character flaws. Like look at marine ford you would think it would be dull/repative but he made it epic.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Worse than Bendis and his time travel fiasco???
    Bendis run was fun. I cant say that about any of this

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The senseless deaths, nonsensical character motivations, and bizarre mind control and kidnapping plot points would have been even worse strung out over years. If your grand design can't come to fruition but you know you have 12 issues to work with, change the story!
    I dont believe the deaths and most of what we saw were part of the original plan. He did change the story bc he had to. He probably said F it, bc he knew none of this would matter

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Not sure what comments you were reading.

People have been complaining about Rosenberg's treatment of characters since Blindfold died in #11.

I gave this take a chilly out of hot.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    really didnt they try to talk to him earlier what change his mind now
    It was not talking to him that changed his mind, by the time the X-Men confronted him he already had. This was not the real world any more that he was trying to fix. He knew this new world was not working out with the X-Men and was already resigned to the fact that the X-Men were going to oppose him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bendis run was fun. I cant say that about any of this
    Agreed, I can see why some people dislike the Bendis run but it was at least fun and the art was good. This run I can't see why anyone would LIKE in the end and I'm pretty optimistic and open minded. This was an absolutely trainwreck, and this is coming from someone who was enjoying it at the beginning. I LOVE the concept and I've liked some of Rosenberg's stuff in the past but this was so rushed, incomprehensible, and out of character for really everyone on the team. That and I absolutely hated the art. Weird emotionless panels while the dialog was contradicting the faces half the time.

I don't care that he killed off people, we all know it's a matter of time before they all come back somehow. But this reads like the editorial team just said "do literally anything you want because Hickman."

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Agreed, I can see why some people dislike the Bendis run but it was at least fun and the art was good. This run I can't see why anyone would LIKE in the end and I'm pretty optimistic and open minded. This was an absolutely trainwreck, and this is coming from someone who was enjoying it at the beginning. I LOVE the concept and I've liked some of Rosenberg's stuff in the past but this was so rushed, incomprehensible, and out of character for really everyone on the team. That and I absolutely hated the art. Weird emotionless panels while the dialog was contradicting the faces half the time.

I don't care that he killed off people, we all know it's a matter of time before they all come back somehow. But this reads like the editorial team just said "do literally anything you want because Hickman."
    That's exactly what it was. Writers & editors have admitted as much.

• Hickman said none of the current writers were given outlines or maps of what he was doing, and they only had a few minor story beats to hit. Otherwise, he says the only mandate was to "go nuts & swing away."
    • Chris Robinson said this run had no editorial mandate whatsoever.
    • Rosenberg says everyone writing Disassembled knew the run was temporary because of Hickman.

So it read like a bad fanfic because it basically was nothing but filler.