Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I like how crazy rosenberg was in his run.

He really told his story and even killed his favorite.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    My favorite part was when Jean and Scott kissed, they haven't interacter for so long and the las time they existed together they were having trouble so nobody believes they actually like each other but they do, they have a long story of doing it. That kiss was hot and funny.
    Attachment 84638
    Larocca's art on the anatomy and proportions is just...not my favorite...

Wave 2: Rosenberg, Austen, Aaron, Fraction

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I like how crazy rosenberg was in his run.

He really told his story and even killed his favorite.
    To be fair, yeah. I have to give him credit. He literally killed or wrote off all of his favorite characters.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Did anyone else feel weird that the flaw in Frost's plan we all felt was obvious did in fact happen? I mean I expect Marvel to do something illogical or crazy but no, Technology was the Aquiles heel to her plan we all saw coming and it did. Oh and more mutants died before the others came back from Wonderland....still i do wonder how Hickman plans to revive the X-men .
    I've a theory.
    None of the mutants died.Xavier used illusion and transported them in krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    To be fair, yeah. I have to give him credit. He literally killed or wrote off all of his favorite characters.
    At least he did it, instead of killing the ones he didn't liked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Fraction would leave the premises after finding out he can't write about the only thing he cares about (Scemma)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Throw Pak in there too. Still got no confirm or deny on that BC rumor back in Jan.

In any case, talk about frustrating & anti-climatic after all the build up. lol Hopefully the teams will be better than that. Although I don't think there's an escape from Soule, who seems like he's glued to Wolverine.
    Soule is probably writing a Wolverine's daughter book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    where's alan moore
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If this was a scott redemption story it makes even less sense because Scott hasn't done anything he needs to be redeemed for imo besides this run.
    The whole point seemed to be to try and prove that Scott would never again give up on Xavier's original dream and would resist the temptation of going for the "easier" path, despite all the crap he and his friends went through and how foolish it is to cling to such lofty ideals.

Which is kind of weird, what with him doing that whole Washington march back in the time of Bendis. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I see it as being selfish. He killed them off to make it less likely that another writer would use them so soon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I see it as being selfish. He killed them off to make it less likely that another writer would use them so soon
    Hickman is ignoring it. At least better than what other writers made

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I thought this issue would answer my questions. Instead, it gave me more. The corny ending gave it some points.

Also, why does this issue feel as if everyone changed in behavior completely once again?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Ok, so, stupid question.....all of the mutants who died are still dead? LOL

I know there were people who posted that it would all be undone when AoXM was over, but since I didn't read that, can I assume that Chamber, Wolfsbane, and the others are still dead? Illyana is still stuck as Darkchylde?

Oh, and now is Jubilee going to be hunting down Karma to get her son back?

Instead on voting and approving the plan. Would it not have been better if Scott proposed the idea of chopping Calahans head off a few issues ago. Because that seemed obvious. It was rather pointless to approve one plan and change halfway through

Anyway I'm sure Callahan made a deal with Nasrth like Cameron Hodge.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The whole point seemed to be to try and prove that Scott would never again give up on Xavier's original dream and would resist the temptation of going for the "easier" path, despite all the crap he and his friends went through and how foolish it is to cling to such lofty ideals.

Which is kind of weird, what with him doing that whole Washington march back in the time of Bendis. Oh well.
    Once again, it's not possible to analyze this only by the actual stories we were told; a "redemption story" for a character arc that only had no evil whatsoever in it, but most fans liked it, and was already done and finished in the last milestone issue by a writer who was the company's biggest at the time.