Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They had a chat with Nate and he decided to let them return
    really didnt they try to talk to him earlier what change his mind now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Because of plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    who knows? The finale just highlighted how pointless the event was as it ended how it started

The fact that the writers of Age of X-Men are taking to the press to try and convince people that they did not steal this idea from Forever Evil when the Heroes were Trapped inside Firestorm (i was saying to everyone when i was reading issue 10 that Nate just imprisoned them all in his mind) and that is it different because Nates mind is in fact an Alternate Reality now....sorry, but the way the rest of them just appear and save the day omfg, just more lemon and salt into the gut-wrenching would this has all had on the franchise. Rosenberg run is without a doubt the WORSE X-Men run of all time, esp when you consider that it was most likely an editorial mandate that Cyclops and Wolverine be on the team together for the first time since Schism, and that ALONE could have been a 5 issue mini-series about them resolving their issues, but even that was paper-thin explained.
    The final "screw you" to fans and critics by Rosenberg was when he decided to kill Havok the way he did. Much of Rosenbergs run has felt like a "**** you" to everyone that has criticized his run. Like he decided that since the company, the critics, and even the fans all HATED it, that he decided to really put the screws to us all rather then trying to write even a coherent story.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

This whole arc was twisted and not the good kind.

What was so bad about Emma's Plan? Mutants were always hunted and wiped out several times. Emma's Plan looked like it would actually work.

I don't get this speech about 'not hiding' With Emma's Actions, arent they viewed as actual people now? They wouldn't have to hide anymore? Or were people just ignoring them like they don't even exist?

Ugh, they just had to bring back the dusty, nostalgia driven relationship that is Jott.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This whole arc was twisted and not the good kind.

What was so bad about Emma's Plan? Mutants were always hunted and wiped out several times. Emma's Plan looked like it would actually work.

I don't get this speech about 'not hiding' With Emma's Actions, arent they viewed as actual people now? They wouldn't have to hide anymore? Or were people just ignoring them like they don't even exist?
    It never would have worked as shown in this issue. Her powers dont work on beings without a mind and there are tons of robots, physical and digital evidence of mutants out there. The plan was stupid when Emma presented it and she looked stupid when she couldnt use her powers against the Warlock sentinels that came after them this issue

Dani: “I lost brothers and sisters.”

*Scott’s brother dies a few pages later*

Me: lol

Also, remember when Cebulski tweeted about new writers shoving everything into their books in case they don’t last long? Anyone think he was talking about Rosenberg now?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Dani: “I lost brothers and sisters.”

*Scott’s brother dies a few pages later*

Me: lol

Also, remember when Cebulski tweeted about new writers shoving everything into their books in case they don’t last long? Anyone think he was talking about Rosenberg now?
    Dont like the execution but dont blame him. He was given multiple books last year, most of which got no resolution bc it was clear that he was set up to spearhead the X-line and then we hear rumblings of Hickman taking over. They give him Uncanny and he pretty much just has this to wrap everything up. I think he had intended to play the long game initially but wasnt given the opportunity which resulted in it all being rushed

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Hm, is it just me, or did Age of X and Uncanny end in a similar way?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This has got to be one the worst X-men runs in history. I'm just at a loss for words at how bad it was.
    I was kind of hoping that at least some of the horrible choices Robinson made would get reversed in this issue, but everything just got worse somehow.
    So many pointless deaths, not one of which was heartfelt or well written.
    All that and a terrible Scott/Jean reunion. That page made me cringe so hard. Damn.
    Worse than Bendis and his time travel fiasco???

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Worse than Bendis and his time travel fiasco???
    Definitely. That one was dumb but ultimately harmless. This one will only be harmless if by some miracle Hickman just ignores all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    OOh juicy
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...79327728914432

Definetely sounds like Rosenberg in Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    OOh juicy
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...79327728914432

Definetely sounds like Rosenberg in Uncanny.
    ugh,
    that totally would be me to. #nolie

The general version of what he's talking about is when a new writer comes to the books and starts hunting for an opportunity to jam Spider-Man into the thing like a rabid dog.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate