Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Agreed, I can see why some people dislike the Bendis run but it was at least fun and the art was good. This run I can't see why anyone would LIKE in the end and I'm pretty optimistic and open minded. This was an absolutely trainwreck, and this is coming from someone who was enjoying it at the beginning. I LOVE the concept and I've liked some of Rosenberg's stuff in the past but this was so rushed, incomprehensible, and out of character for really everyone on the team. That and I absolutely hated the art. Weird emotionless panels while the dialog was contradicting the faces half the time.

I don't care that he killed off people, we all know it's a matter of time before they all come back somehow. But this reads like the editorial team just said "do literally anything you want because Hickman."
    Fun? Some of it. The rest....drawn out...delayed...stories that just drag on and on (Last Will and Testament). Bendis had some good ideas but mainly, the stories were clunky.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Agreed, I can see why some people dislike the Bendis run but it was at least fun and the art was good. This run I can't see why anyone would LIKE in the end and I'm pretty optimistic and open minded. This was an absolutely trainwreck, and this is coming from someone who was enjoying it at the beginning. I LOVE the concept and I've liked some of Rosenberg's stuff in the past but this was so rushed, incomprehensible, and out of character for really everyone on the team. That and I absolutely hated the art. Weird emotionless panels while the dialog was contradicting the faces half the time.

I don't care that he killed off people, we all know it's a matter of time before they all come back somehow. But this reads like the editorial team just said "do literally anything you want because Hickman."
    The white men will come back soon. The rest though?

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

What in the fan fiction hell?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That depends on Hickman and future writers

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's sad that this is true

We'll never see Loa again. But what a great, emotional send-off she got!

I just really feel like Hickman can't fail at this point. I know, i know we keep saying it. It can't get any worse but i'm genuinely surprised the overall stories do. After this run i think they got us like Mikey "They'll take(eat) anything..." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

I liked the overall idea of this run. The x-men are at their lowest and are besieged from all sides and decide to still fight and take out some of their villains in a sort of a dirty dozen, suicide mission war kind of way. And for once the story showed what that would be in "real life" namely, people die on suicide missions. I have always been very upset and disappointed in past stories that supposedly had the mutants on earth on the brink of death. In almost all those stories the x-men just got stronger and bigger and more unbeatable until they were on an island that housed hundreds of superpowers mutants. And it seemed also that with every "death to mutant kind" story the x-men just ended up with even more students. That bugged me. Now for once we finally get a story in which the x-men get hit, really hit hard. And I think this was an excellent choice as a set up.
    The execution of this story was not that good. It felt rushed even though it had more issues in a short amount of time and I think there could have been a been better artist picked for the style and point of this run. But all in all I do not think this run was as bad as some people think. I think it just could have been better executed, but this run is better then a whole bunch of other stuff we have been pushed down our throat during the "we (marvel) don't fully own the x-men, so to hell with them" period.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    We'll never see Loa again. But what a great, emotional send-off she got!
    Got put down like a Grand Theft Auto NPC.

11/10
    "Cable was right!"

It's funny that the X-Men seemed fine with being presumed dead and being rendered invisible to recordings by Roma during the Outback era but now it's the most offensive thing ever.

Why not use it at least for a few minutes to catch your breath? Do you really want to be photographed standing over the still warm corpse of an American military officer? (Sure, he was evil, but the general public wouldn't know that.)

It seems like every decision the X-Men make has to involve some immediate ridiculous overreaction to something.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It seems like every decision the X-Men make has to involve some immediate ridiculous overreaction to something.

Meanwhile Illyana is rampaging through a military base like a Doom 5 boss and no one seems bothered by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It's funny that the X-Men seemed fine with being presumed dead and being rendered invisible to recordings by Roma during the Outback era but now it's the most offensive thing ever.

Why not use it at least for a few minutes to catch your breath? Do you really want to be photographed standing over the still warm corpse of an American military officer? (Sure, he was evil, but the general public wouldn't know that.)

Different group of X-men. Most of the Australian X-men werent in this book and the only ones that piped up were Scott, Jean and Dani, none of whom were there for Roma's spell

Meanwhile Illyana is rampaging through a military base like a Doom 5 boss and no one seems bothered by that.
    with a baseline human Triage just sitting there. He’s dead dead.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    with a baseline human Triage just sitting there. He’s dead dead.
    Unless Elixir and Marr... Yeah, they're dead too. So are all those mutant prisoners the O.N.E. staff had no idea what to do with until Magik ate everyone or whatever..