Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What happened to that Kwannon chick people keep nagging about?
    Anyone else had actually forgotten about her?

Incredible Member

I hate to say it because I try to give things a chance but this run was trash. I kept picking this book up because I thought it would all maybe come together in the end. Whatever Rosenberg writes henceforth I will be very skeptical of picking it up.

So... The male half of Generation X has been completely wiped out. X-Factor vol. 2 is down to Lorna. (Well... I guess Forge, too.)

Jubilee's son has been adopted out to Karma, who - despite being a billionaire - has a questionable record when it comes to child care.

Illyana is permanently Darkchylde.

The world hates the X-Men more than ever.

Emma still got it easy but at least she is getting some of her medicine.

I don't even know what to say about this run. I will give Rosenberg the benefit of the doubt since nothing really matters going into house and powers.

I enjoyed the storm entrance because it reminded me of extermination run when Scott was like ororo always did know how to make an entrance and I loved the Jean Scott kiss.

All that said if I was given 22 issues to do basically anything with the X-Men this would not have been it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wait, so why did the X-Men all agree to Emma's plan, then realized what a bad idea it was and blamed her in the end for it? Did they not realize they had all enabled her?

I think what's really shitty is how nonexistent Psylocke was in some of the panels for this series. She just stood there like a doll. You could replace her with a lamp. Why even bother having her at all? I would love to see Wolverine or Cyclops get used like a lamp.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-17-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Wait, so why did the X-Men all agree to Emma's plan, then realized what a bad idea it was and blamed her in the end for it? Did they not realize they had all enabled her?
    Because Rosenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because Rosenberg.
    I'm genuinely asking and not sure if I'm missing something.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this issue was goooooooodddd soooooooo goood!!!

when I have time I'm gonna give my synopsis
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think what's really shitty is how nonexistent Psylocke was in some of the panels for this series. She just stood there like a doll. You could replace her with a lamp. Why even bother having her at all? I would love to see Wolverine or Cyclops get used like a lamp.
    Psylocke wasnt in this run until this issue

Oh and they totally threw Emma under the bus

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    - Emma explains what she did and how she's given them all a chance to start over/disappear/survive/find happiness. Scott is all 'Efff this, hiding is for chumps.' Dani, in a hilarious WTF move, suddenly decides that Emma's plan sucks.
    Best "explanation" I could come up with.

I think what's really shitty is how nonexistent Psylocke was in some of the panels for this series. She just stood there like a doll. You could replace her with a lamp. Why even bother having her at all?
    I didn't take it as getting blamed though. Scott was against it, but he was acting OOC like a child throwing a tantrum and acting all emo since last issue instead of coming up with a new plan (like killing O.N.E apparently), and Jean was surprised because well... she just got back from AoX and pretty much knew nothing about the situation, it was normal to be surprised.

Even though nothing makes sense, I still think the plan was OK to buy them time since they didn't have the numbers, with all the X-Men back then there's another story.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Where has Kwannon gone? Has she been alluded to in the last 2 issues of the series?

>I'm really disappointed that this was what all of the fun stuff in Rosenberg's previous titles led to. Cart blanche to do anything with the X-Men for 11 issues and this is what we got? Pointless deaths, a highly questionable villain, stakes that are so high (the vaccine) they shouldn't just be ignored next issue but will be?
    >The best part for me was Jean 'cool women don't look at explosions' Grey walking past Logan and Emma on a straight line for Scott.
    >The very good point raised (by Dani?) about why Emma didn't just erase humans' hatred and fear was quite valid. She could have enforced tolerance instead of invisibility, and tolerance probably wouldn't have required a constant telepathic signal to maintain like invisibility.
    >So there a vaccine that'll get rid of the X-gene but the only problem is that using it might make the vaccinated person fall into a coma and die? Still seems like there are more than enough people who will subject others and/or themselves to it no matter the worst case scenario... or perhaps hoping for the worst case scenario.
    >The switch in artist was a bit jarring, especially for the climactic return of the X-Men.
    >it was nice to see Storm actually leading again, even if she was just repeating those now tired words, "To me, my X-men!"
    >I'm over the meh art and story. I'm ready for beautiful art and, hopefully, beautiful story.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All that said if I was given 22 issues to do basically anything with the X-Men this would not have been it.
    Would ANYONE do that?

There's seemingly a curse in the X-office, going through multiple editors and writers and years, that everyone just makes the dumbest possible choice in any situation.
    "People didn't like that we said Cyclops was wrong in Schism and AvX, what do we do? Let's kill him off-panel and call him HITLER, without explaining why!"
    "Guggenheim had a chance of writing a X-book, it was bad, and everyone hated it, what do we do? Give him the FLAGSHIP!"
    "We have 7 months to fill until Hickman comes, but he's given us free reign; all we need to do is have the characters he wants to use alive. What do we do?
    Let's kill DOZENS of mutants, INCLUDING characters he wants to use, and don't even bother show them coming back!"