Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke wasnt in this run until this issue

Oh and they totally threw Emma under the bus
    did they throw her under the bus or was it her incompetence that threw her?? asking for a friend?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Where has Kwannon gone? Has she been alluded to in the last 2 issues of the series?
    OH, I must be talking about Kwannon then. Even worse they split those characters up, and Kwannon was just some silent lamp this arc.

"Emma, shut up."

"You wanted to erase all of us??"

"How could you do that? We can't go into hiding!! We can't hide who we are!" to the person who was against the mutant cure and encouraged her brother to come out!!!!!!

I complained how stupid Emma's idea was from the start. I knew they were gonna throw her under the bus and make her look bad, even though ALL the X-Men voted for her plan, too.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Would ANYONE do that?

There's seemingly a curse in the X-office, going through multiple editors and writers and years, that everyone just makes the dumbest possible choice in any situation.
    "People didn't like that we said Cyclops was wrong in Schism and AvX, what do we do? Let's kill him off-panel and call him HITLER, without explaining why!"
    "Guggenheim had a chance of writing a X-book, it was bad, and everyone hated it, what do we do? Give him the FLAGSHIP!"
    "We have 7 months to fill until Hickman comes, but he's given us free reign; all we need to do is have the characters he wants to use alive. What do we do?
    Let's kill DOZENS of mutants, INCLUDING characters he wants to use, and don't even bother show them coming back!"
    True. I think what stands out the most about the deaths is they were pointless. This same exact story could have been told without one mutant life lost so it makes it feel even more empty. No one had a stand out death or really a scene where "only I can do this" I mean I guess havok but that was more selfish to save his brother. He was ready to bounce.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think that Emma did the best she could under horrific conditions. She's the only reason The Evil General didn't enslave or outright kill every remaining mutant. I don't agree with the whole 'forget mutants' angle but she bought the remaining X-Men time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm also not exactly sure why the brain bombs couldn't be deactivated as well when Rosenberg 1) created triage who wasn't in age of. 2) he did something very similar in X-Men red with the nanites in people's heads so it must have still been on his mind.

Brain fart Taylor wrote red. But still.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-17-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm still trying to figure out how ~40 X-Men disappearing led to another mutant holocaust. How would the X-Men being present have stopped the vaccine's spread? Or The Evil General's Sentinelocks? Or the rabid politicians? All those things happen all the time with the X-Men right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how ~40 X-Men disappearing led to another mutant holocaust. How would the X-Men being present have stopped the vaccine's spread? Or The Evil General's Sentinelocks? Or the rabid politicians? All those things happen all the time with the X-Men right there.
    Deterrent effect, just what Scott said with Extinction Team.

You do not become so brazen against the mutants when Magneto can destroy a city in a fit of rage.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I complained how stupid Emma's idea was from the start. I knew they were gonna throw her under the bus and make her look bad, even though ALL the X-Men voted for her plan, too.
    Scott didn't vote in favor of Emma's plan. That being said, yeah, it was hilariously predictable how the others would change their tune once there would be another available option. Dani's 180 was pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Deterrent effect, just what Scott said with Extinction Team.

You do not become so brazen against the mutants when Magneto can destroy a city in a fit of rage.
    Or when Jean can give another speech.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm also not exactly sure why the brain bombs couldn't be deactivated as well when Rosenberg 1) created triage who wasn't in age of. 2) he did something very similar in X-Men red with the nanites in people's heads so it must have still been on his mind.

Brain fart Taylor wrote red. But still.
    Triage wasn't available since he was in the hands of O.N.E, but your point stand, couldn't Elixir do something similar?

Not important but Triage was Bendis creation though.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think it was bc there were no mutant leaders standing up against it. The X-men were involved in the political space to represent mutantkind in the first issue. If Nate had been defeated in #10, I think Jean, Kitty and Jean would have fought against the vaccine's push. They were alot more organized with more resources than Scott's makeshift group, so they'd be better equipped to take on Callahan. With the X-men gone, there was really no one to prevent any of this until it was too late. X-man's actions and no resolution helped give the push to go forward with this

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I will preface the following by profusely for suggesting there might have been more to this run than meets the eyes. There isn't.
    Same.

I definitely expected a big, clever/"clever" reveal with an undo that would tie it all together and make sense--especially with Blindfold's death at the very beginning, since it's kind of her MO.

A big problem I have is--assuming characters like Wolfsbane, Sunspot, et al. come back very soon with Hickman's run, like Banshee(?) in that preview--having Rosenberg's murder parade actually conclude in another book set in another era or status quo, by another writer.

The run didn't seem to end with any intention--it just ran out of gas. "Oops, time's up! Here are the other X-Men from AoXM, since that happened to conclude just now, and we're done here."

It's a real shame that Rosenberg was given the keys to tell whatever story he wanted on X-Men--X-Men!--before Hickman would do his whole relaunch thing, and this is what he chose: A run full of random, unconnected appearances and erratic behaviors defined mostly by a pointless death toll.

The one original character? Callahan. How worthless was Callahan? "I need a human mutant-hating military guy for this dumb plan... guess I'll make this guy with zero personality or anything else to bring to the table." Given how random and pointless the book turned out to be, might as well have put Cameron Hodge in there with the cardboard suit dangling from his robo-neck. Even if he's super-dead, at least would've been some kind of flavor and in keeping with the rest of his hodgepodge. (Get it? "Hodgepodge"? Whatever.)

Again, maybe this show will be reversed in some way in the Hickman era, and we'll rejoice. But, I certainly won't be motivated to revisit this run.

I think it was bc there were no mutant leaders standing up against it. The X-men were involved in the political space to represent mutantkind in the first issue. If Nate had been defeated in #10, I think Jean, Kitty and Jean would have fought against the vaccine's push. They were alot more organized with more resources than Scott's makeshift group, so they'd be better equipped to take on Callahan. With the X-men gone, there was really no one to prevent any of this until it was too late. X-man's actions and no resolution helped give the push to go forward with this
    Hey, I think I'm more cynical than you and that more than the lack of a leader what they saw is that they were not going to have a omega mutant pissed off destroying Washington.

Apart from Exodus there was none left that could pose a serious problem for humans and Exodus did nothing because reasons.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The one original character? Callahan. How worthless was Callahan? "I need a human mutant-hating military guy for this dumb plan... guess I'll make this guy with zero personality or anything else to bring to the table." Given how random and pointless the book turned out to be, might as well have put Cameron Hodge in there with the cardboard suit dangling from his robo-neck. Even if he's super-dead, at least would've been some kind of flavor and in keeping with the rest of his hodgepodge. (Get it? "Hodgepodge"? Whatever.)
    I still can't get over the fact(s) that this moron:

1. Made a deal with Emma Frost in the first place after that insane IvX stunt.
    2. Couldn't be bothered to track down the bomb he put inside her head.
    3. Couldn't be bothered to share his upgraded psy-shielding tech.
    4. Heck, doesn't he still have mutant prisoners? Couldn't he have just killed one of her former students and brought the severed head(s) just to spite her? If only for the villainous street cred?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Triage wasn't available since he was in the hands of O.N.E, but your point stand, couldn't Elixir do something similar?

Not important but Triage was Bendis creation though.
    My bad I meant trinary. I think that's her name. She literally controls machines and was able to **** down billions of sentinel nanites.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I still can't get over the fact(s) that this moron:

1. Made a deal with Emma Frost in the first place after that insane IvX stunt.
    2. Couldn't be bothered to track down the bomb he put inside her head.
    3. Couldn't be bothered to share his upgraded psy-shielding tech.
    4. Heck, doesn't he still have mutant prisoners? Couldn't he have just killed one of her former students and brought the severed head(s) just to spite her? If only for the villainous street cred?
    Or just force her to make a ton of the cure and remove her powers. Win win