Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    So everyone rrrrrrhate Cyclops for 8 years up until this very issue where Moonstar blames him for everything and accuses him of only caring about Jean and Logan, but then Scott makes out with Jean and suddenly everyone likes him again and does a money shot with him (including Moonstar!).
    I can't believe you didn't mention Hope and Kitty, given their would-be-Cyclops-slayer history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I can't believe you didn't mention Hope and Kitty, given their would-be-Cyclops-slayer history.
    Well, Kitty seemingly made amends with Cyclops (remember that shoulder tap right after BotA which lead to the Cyclops haters freaking out that Bendis was going to ship them) after she tried to kill him (accusing him of being a pedophile aside) and left Earth before Death of X.

Yeah, Kitty suspecting Scott of being close to Jeen was ugly but otherwise I think they had a friendly relationship until his death.

By the way, Jean seeing the eye socket of Scott like "Oh my god, what happened to you" with Hope next to him is terrible and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Havok is fucking ash.

Considering how Rosenberg "used" Lorna in this issue? Good.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Other than Polaris, he basically killed off X-Factor. What a mess.
    I suspect that killing Lorna off was in the original plans, but then they realized (as I did) that it would hit Marvel hard if they went for it.

"Where's Alex?" is enough that I'll be making sure I do not buy or support anything Rosenberg is involved in if I know it. He's also proven me right for expecting bad things from him, and that his "crush" on Lorna when he was younger paired with his Havok fandom would translate into him treating Lorna like she exists only to think about Havok.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Well, Kitty seemingly made amends with Cyclops (remember that shoulder tap right after BotA which lead to the Cyclops haters freaking out that Bendis was going to ship them) after she tried to kill him (accusing him of being a pedophile aside) and left Earth before Death of X.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, Kitty suspecting Scott of being close to Jeen was ugly but otherwise I think they had a friendly relationship until his death.
    The rather frustrating part is that the X-office hasn't been exactly clear on which 95% of the Bendis run they're arbitrarily ignoring.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, Kitty suspecting Scott of being close to Jeen was ugly
    I don't think she suspected that, she mentioned she heard the conversation and he handled it well. But still, it probably was not a good idea to have Scott alone in Jean's room late night; even if nothing happened, could start rumors.

By the way, Jean seeing the eye socket of Scott like "Oh my god, what happened to you" with Hope next to him is terrible and funny.
    Does Rosenberg see the irony? I don't think he does.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The rather frustrating part is that the X-office hasn't been exactly clear on which 95% of the Bendis run they're arbitrarily ignoring.
    I have to wonder what Bendis did to them; of course, he's in DC now, but they had been ignoring his run while he was still at Marvel.

The run was referenced in Generation X, Morph remembered that Cyclops shouted at him once and had PTSD or something like that for it.

PD: Now that I think about it, I think it was not even a shout, just a hurtful comment like a tough sergeant.

So everyone rrrrrrhate Cyclops for 8 years up until this very issue where Moonstar blames him for everything and accuses him of only caring about Jean and Logan, but then Scott makes out with Jean and suddenly everyone likes him again and does a money shot with him (including Moonstar!).

Anyway, JDW saying this ends the Extinction era that started in 2005 (rather than Resurxion era which would make slightly more sense) sort of explains why this run pretended to take place right after Schism/AvX.
    I said before that Dani had no purpose to serve in the story other than to remind readers that people didn't like Cyclops' old ways.

This entire run was just a predictable redemption story for Cyclops and to piss on anything he and Emma did for mutantkind.

I guess there wasn't much room considering Emma and Cyclops were character assassinated in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I said before that Dani had no purpose to serve in the story other than to remind readers that people didn't like Cyclops' old ways.

This entire run was just a predictable redemption story for Cyclops and to piss on anything he and Emma did for mutantkind.

I guess there wasn't much room considering Emma and Cyclops were character assassinated in AvX.
    But that was also Havok purpose. And Chamber purpose. And Hope purpose. And...

And he has not even learned anything! He has only suffered, that does not redeem you, that's just punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    For the sake of fairness, it wouldn't be in-character for Scott to tattle-tale on the brat. Even then, we'd get something along the lines of "No, no, it was an accident. Totally my fault for standing in front of her gun. And she spent, like, what two days in the brig? She learned her lesson. Maybe."

I have to wonder what Bendis did to them; of course, he's in DC now, but they had been ignoring his run while he was still at Marvel.
    The Cyclops Was Right thingy, maybe?

Edit: Oooooh, possibly The Smirk, too.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-17-2019 at 04:28 PM.

But that was also Havok purpose. And Chamber purpose. And Hope purpose. And...

And he has not even learned anything! He has only suffered, that does not redeem you, that's just punishment.
    Yeah, other characters served the same purpose as Dani too. Definitely.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

Again, it's impossible to read this and the whole Cyclops is Hitler thing from earlier without coming to the conclusion that someone took personally the idea that the Avengers were wrong in AvX. Most people thought Tony was wrong in Civil War, one of Marvel's biggest stories ever? A few years later, is never brought again. Cap.Marvel looks like a fascist in CW II: Inhuman Boogaloo? Who even remembers that? But THIS specific point they can't just let go?

Being fair, they re-mention Civil War I and II all the thime. The difference is that they are not central parts of their characters.

BANNED

I don't think she suspected that, she mentioned she heard the conversation and he handled it well. But still, it probably was not a good idea to have Scott alone in Jean's room late night; even if nothing happened, could start rumors.

Funny thing is Rosenberg is a Bendis fan

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...99059621011457
    https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...37659945414656

BANNED

We are free. I can't believe the Hickman will be here in 7 days.

Also, this issue wasn't really bad, but throwing Emma under the bus like that was really disgusting. Scott's mostly fine since he's all "yeah, I should have seen this was wack from the get go", while Dani does a complete heel turn after voting for Emma's plan. Awful.

Anyway, the kiss post-battle was awesome, and so was the little romantic moment Scott and Logan had right before that. Bros will be bros.

Overall, a 5.5 or 6/10. I can't wait for House of X to wash the bad taste this run left.