Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

If this was a scott redemption story it makes even less sense because Scott hasn't done anything he needs to be redeemed for imo besides this run.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I kinda feel like Rosenberg is going to return to continue writing Uncanny or get a new book and it will deal with the dead X-men
    I hope the hell not.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I kind of think Dani was just saying that she knows they will all die someday, too. This goes back to the difference in outlook at the opening of the issue and how she thinks everyone should find some happiness and move on, but Scott can't grasp that, and I think that is why he asks Dani if she always knew they were still alive. That is why it is worded that way, she did not know they were still alive, but she would see them again even in death.
    With the context that Dani sort of knew the X-Men would “return”, I’m thinking that she would be saying that under the same conditions. But if all the X-Men die in HOXPOX, then there’ll 110% be a return of all the fallen X-Men (including ones lost in this series like Multiple Man and Havok). Dani is saying that she knew they would somehow return, even if they really did die from X-Man. Their status of life didn’t matter in the end when it came to their return, and I think the same will happen with these guys. Rosenberg even hinted that mutants like Loa will return in a year’s time.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    We are free. I can't believe the Hickman will be here in 7 days.

Also, this issue wasn't really bad, but throwing Emma under the bus like that was really disgusting. Scott's mostly fine since he's all "yeah, I should have seen this was wack from the get go", while Dani does a complete heel turn after voting for Emma's plan. Awful.

Anyway, the kiss post-battle was awesome, and so was the little romantic moment Scott and Logan had right before that. Bros will be bros.

Overall, a 5.5 or 6/10. I can't wait for House of X to wash the bad taste this run left.
    I didn't mind but i thought the looking at Jean and then blowing up cerebro while it was in Emma's arms was a little tacky. What if it blew up? It just felt like a she meant nothing to me moment for Jean's sake and im not a fan of Scott/Emma.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I hope the hell not.
    Rosenberg said on the letters page that Uncanny was the last X-book he was writing, but he's hoping it's just for now. So seems he's got no upcoming X-books, but he is hoping to come back for one.

So we may be free of him in Wave 1.
    However, Wave 2, they were still finding teams for, so that's another story...
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-17-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I didn't mind but i thought the looking at Jean and then blowing up cerebro while it was in Emma's arms was a little tacky. What if it blew up? It just felt like a she meant nothing to me moment for Jean's sake and im not a fan of Scott/Emma.
    I agree.

I'm not even mad because I honestly don't care for Scemma (I liked it, but it was whatever) and I'm glad for the Jott fans and the kiss did make sense for me because the last time they actually saw each other (ignoring Phoenix Resurrection because that Scott was like a memory or something? A message from the dead? He was still dead a the time.) was so fucking long ago, but why did they had to put Emma and Logan there looking uncomfortable? It took away from what it's supposed to be a nice reunion.

And yeah, the blowing up the Cerebro in Emma's hand was really stupid.

But I can't blame Scott, everyone acted retarded so at least it was him acting like an idiot one last time because this mess is finally over.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 07-17-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

god i hope rosenberg becomes consumed by star wars books and doesn't spread his cliffnotes continuity contagion around stuff i read

someone inhale the mystic vapors and show me what the next target is
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

And thus ends one of the worst X-Men runs I have ever read. Thank God.
    Now please keep Rosenberg far, far away from the X-Men(Or pretty much anything), pretty please?

Rosenberg is a hero for Scott and Jean. He can coast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Rosenberg said on the letters page that Uncanny was the last X-book he was writing, but he's hoping it's just for now. So seems he's got no upcoming X-books coming, but he is hoping to come back for one.

So we may be free of him in Wave 1.
    However, Wave 2, they were still finding teams for, so that's another story...
    At least we’ll be free of him for about six months. I guess that sounds harsh. Uhhhh I’m happy that this controversial but brave writer will get an extended period of time to work on their craft while other talented writers get to tell their stories in the meantime.

BANNED

Wave 1: Lemire, Guggenheim, Soule

Wave 2: Rosenberg, ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Aaron?????

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I still think Lemire could do a decent team book if he was left to do what he wanted. His voices for his team were sound, but the plot was trash.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I still think Lemire could do a decent team book if he was left to do what he wanted. His voices for his team were sound, but the plot was trash.
    Lemire's team books are so notoriously bad that Lemire admitted in his EXM announcement interview that he can't write team books.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Throw Pak in there too. Still got no confirm or deny on that BC rumor back in Jan.

In any case, talk about frustrating & anti-climatic after all the build up. lol Hopefully the teams will be better than that. Although I don't think there's an escape from Soule, who seems like he's glued to Wolverine.

Did anyone else feel weird that the flaw in Frost's plan we all felt was obvious did in fact happen? I mean I expect Marvel to do something illogical or crazy but no, Technology was the Aquiles heel to her plan we all saw coming and it did. Oh and more mutants died before the others came back from Wonderland....still i do wonder how Hickman plans to revive the X-men .