Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bat-Family Gadgets

I mostly follow Batman and Batwoman, so I know Batwoman has some different gadgets to Batman, but what about the rest of the family? Besides their main weapons that is.

I know Batwoman has: Taser-gloves, pepper-pellet-gun, and she carries a sedative-laced-fear-toxin-syringe - and as far as I know Batman does not have these devices. The rest of her stuff seems to double-up with Batman's equipment. Three out of the four Robins have a main weapon that others don't use (bow-staff, twin pistols, stun sticks), Azrael has a sword, Huntress a crossbow, and Batwing has a power-suit. What else do the collective Bat-Fam have that differentiates them from Batman, equipment-wise?

Signal's retractable "bat-chet" blade eskrima sticks seem to be weapon that is unique to him. it seems pretty similar to Dick's eskrimas but the retractable blades and the connecting function that allow him to use them as a grappling hook or nunchaku makes them pretty distinct. He also has a stealth/invisibility mode built into his suit but he's only used it in his mini so far.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Damian uses a sword. Steph uses escrima sticks like Dick.

I guess Batcow has like milk or something? Oh and Ace the Bathound has canine teeth and can poop on your front lawn!

Although to be fair those are less gadgets than special abilities really...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I guess Batcow has like milk or something? Oh and Ace the Bathound has canine teeth and can poop on your front lawn!

Although to be fair those are less gadgets than special abilities really...
    And the dragon can set things on fire...

Anyway, Jason has the All-Blades.

Cass differentiates herself by virtue of barely ever using any gadgets. She doesn't really need them .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cass differentiates herself by virtue of barely ever using any gadgets. She doesn't really need them .
    She reads people!

Or is that more of a super power?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason had a Taser-Bat symbol in his chest.

Back in the day Babs' gadgets (or just the Bat-women in general) mostly were cosmetics or feminine products ('cuz, y'know, it was that kind of era).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    She reads people!

Or is that more of a super power?
    For this topic, we're discussing physical devices that the characters carry with them (or wear) - so hardware, not meta-powers, or their own biology and training. By this I mean, if you can take the gadget from one character and hand it to another they should be able to use it (obviously if they aren't trained in a particular weapon they might not do too well). I wouldn't consider Cyborg's cybernetics a gadget because it is literally part of his body. So, gadgets.

So, and let's go ahead and include weapons then.

So far people have mentioned:

Batwoman: Taser-gloves, pepper-pellet-gun, sedative-laced-fear-toxin-syringe, and she used a constricting rope on Bane just one time

Signal: blade eskrima sticks, invisibility mode in suit

Red Robin: bo-staff

Nightwing: eskrima sticks

Spoiler: eskrima sticks

Robin: sword

Red Hood: twin pistols, all-blades, taser-bat-symbol

Batwing: power-suit

Azrael: flame-sword

Huntress: crossbow
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 07-18-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nightwing has wingdings the Nightwing shaped Batarang. It has two models, one that looks like his logo in the 90s and the New 52 version looks more like an arrowhead.

His escrima sticks also have different models. There's the regular one for fighting that can bounce 70 times, one is electrically charged, one has a retractable wing where he can launch his rope and then use the wings as a hook to glide down the rope.

He keeps mini binoculars in his New 52 armored glove and I think there's a compartment there for keeping evidence. His New 52 suit is insulated.

His masks has infrared mode and connects to the internet.

He also has a sonic amplifier to distract enemies which he can launch to a wall across the room from his New 52 gauntlet and ear dampeners to protect himself.

He has a hooked bungee rope from the spine of his New 52 suit so he can launch and hook them on a building beam then bungee down.

Sometimes he uses the EMP mask to go undercover but he returns it to the Batcave after use. It's a white mask that can make your face looks like anyone. He used it to infiltrate an underground auction that's selling the crowbar that murdered Jason Todd, disguised himself as The Joker in Arkham Asylum, and to be random civilian while tracking down someone in a bar.

New 52 Red Hood has retractable blades on his armored gauntlet. There are two types. The first one is electromagnetic wings that he used to glide, the second one is a series of claws he uses for close-range fights. Like Batman's gauntlet but longer and thinner.

Robin Dick has a radio in his belt buckle that develops with age. Started with wires in the 40s and become a wireless radio in the 70s.

Robin Damian has a red Batarang with holes in it so he can also use it as a brass knuckle in a fistfight. He used a tablet once but I don't know where he keeps it. Smoke bomb and grappling hook also a standard.

Robin Tim has Batarang in the shape of his Robin logo

New 52 Red Robin Tim has Inertrite wings he can use as bulletproof armor, swiping weapon, or to glide. He also has a wrist holographic computer. He claimed to have four different types of bat shark repellent handy.

Stephanie Brown Batgirl suit is also insulated

Kathy Kane Batwoman and 70s Batgirl Barbara carry a handbag for their gadgets

Kathy Kane Headmistress of Spyral carry a golden gun

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Nightwing has wingdings the Nightwing shaped Batarang. It has two models, one that looks like his logo in the 90s and the New 52 version looks more like an arrowhead.

His escrima sticks also have different models. There's the regular one for fighting that can bounce 70 times, one is electrically charged, one has a retractable wing where he can launch his rope and then use the wings as a hook to glide down the rope.

He keeps mini binoculars in his New 52 armored glove and I think there's a compartment there for keeping evidence. His New 52 suit is insulated.

His masks has infrared mode and connects to the internet.

He also has a sonic amplifier to distract enemies which he can launch to a wall across the room from his New 52 gauntlet and ear dampeners to protect himself.

He has a hooked bungee rope from the spine of his New 52 suit so he can launch and hook them on a building beam then bungee down.

Sometimes he uses the EMP mask to go undercover but he returns it to the Batcave after use. It's a white mask that can make your face looks like anyone. He used it to infiltrate an underground auction that's selling the crowbar that murdered Jason Todd, disguised himself as The Joker in Arkham Asylum, and to be random civilian while tracking down someone in a bar.

New 52 Red Hood has retractable blades on his armored gauntlet. There are two types. The first one is electromagnetic wings that he used to glide, the second one is a series of claws he uses for close-range fights. Like Batman's gauntlet but longer and thinner.

Robin Dick has a radio in his belt buckle that develops with age. Started with wires in the 40s and become a wireless radio in the 70s.

Robin Damian has a red Batarang with holes in it so he can also use it as a brass knuckle in a fistfight. He used a tablet once but I don't know where he keeps it. Smoke bomb and grappling hook also a standard.

Robin Tim has Batarang in the shape of his Robin logo

New 52 Red Robin Tim has Inertrite wings he can use as bulletproof armor, swiping weapon, or to glide. He also has a wrist holographic computer. He claimed to have four different types of bat shark repellent handy.

Stephanie Brown Batgirl suit is also insulated

Kathy Kane Batwoman and 70s Batgirl Barbara carry a handbag for their gadgets

Kathy Kane Headmistress of Spyral carry a golden gun
    Fairly certain Batman has binoculars, infrared vision, blades in his gauntlets, and bat shark repellent.

The other stuff is very interesting though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Fairly certain Batman has binoculars, infrared vision, blades in his gauntlets, and bat shark repellent.

The other stuff is very interesting though, thanks.
    Jason's are a bit different...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I mention the infrared because I'm not sure it's a standard. I only know Batman and Nightwing who has them.
    The Batgirls definitely don't because they don't have lenses on their cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And the dragon can set things on fire...

Anyway, Jason has the All-Blades.
    And his helmet.
    And his taser in his vest armour.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-19-2019 at 10:38 AM.