Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It was made known to me that Dinah Laurel Lance first appeared in Justice League of America #75 from 1969, as part of the Silver Age, and still counts as a Silver Age character, even with the divided character aspect.
    I'd consider her JLA 1969 onwards (after switching earth) appearances bronze age. JLA of that era had already transitioned. If not then, right after with switch to satellite. In any event, I'm definitely seeking those featuring in stories that feel like silver age, as said in original post "the line between silver and bronze can be blurry, but I'm really asking about the more silvery stories"

Not just characters created during silver age, but the stories/characters as they were in the silver age, rather than as they developed later.

Bronze age is great, but it's an apples-to-oranges comparison with silver age to me, which is why I trying to limit this thread to just the one era of comic books (for more "fair" comparison).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-27-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Batman easily.

This was when he was just a "great detective" and he could his get his butt kicked by.....anyone. But somehow always pulled through no matter what. Just a great character to cheer for.
    I'd say you're describing The Bronze Age Bats.

Probably Green Lantern and Adam Strange.

Actually I never got into Silver Age books. I started reading comics in the 80s a little before Crisis, so material from pre-1972 is a tough sell. I also like JLA and Flash, which date to that era - but the actual SA books never grabbed me.

Adam Strange's origins are interesting, and the stories are really well-made. I mean, Carmine Infantino in his prime - come on! And of course, Green Lantern had arguably DC's best writer and artist of the era, so it was a cut above. Until the late 60s material, anyway.