Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

can we not
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Flash's 80th anniversary is coming up next year, as is the 100th issue of Joshua Williamson's run. My hope, and it is likely a pipe dream, is that his event is tied to that and some sort of Flash Family reunion as the event's centerpiece.
    Oh, haven't you seen that after year one we get a story called "The Death of the Speed Force"?

So, my prediction: Barry keeps being Barry, Wally gets depowered to sound-speed max again, and starts being a douchebag again, and we have the return to the Mike Baron days that Dan wants since 2008, because that is how he views Wally.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Glad DC is so keen on giving Lobdell a spotlight. wtf
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Oh, haven't you seen that after year one we get a story called "The Death of the Speed Force"?

So, my prediction: Barry keeps being Barry, Wally gets depowered to sound-speed max again, and starts being a douchebag again, and we have the return to the Mike Baron days that Dan wants since 2008, because that is how he views Wally.
    I'd take a guess you didn't mind the times Wally was made superior to Barry.

I like Wally. I'd like the speed force not to exist. I don't dislike it as much as the other new forces (or I've gotten used to it), but I much prefer it not existing.

That about tracks. Only 4 years instead of 5, but its close to the amount of time it takes for DC to have to reshuffle everything for the obligatory cheap sales boost that pisses off some fans anew, pisses off some fans again, and pleases some who will then have about 5 years or so of their own to have fun before DC breaks their hearts.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Flash's 80th anniversary is coming up next year, as is the 100th issue of Joshua Williamson's run. My hope, and it is likely a pipe dream, is that his event is tied to that and some sort of Flash Family reunion as the event's centerpiece.
    At this point Williamson is the only one I have faith in as far as the Flashes go when it comes to DC, and even that's not saying much.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'd take a guess you didn't mind the times Wally was made superior to Barry.
    I also don't mind Barry being made superior to Wally.

I do mind that he's made so not by making Barry better, but by tearing everyone else down.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point Williamson is the only one I have faith in as far as the Flashes go when it comes to DC, and even that's not saying much.
    I don’t know how much of it is Williamson versus editorial but the new forces really lessened my interest in the current Flash series.