Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men: Musical Tastes

Backstory: I have a phone that's kind of messed up. If I load up music from albums to my phone, sometimes it will scatter them in weird ways. For instance, Weezer's blue album is broken up in two when I look by albums, where every song except the third one is on one album and the third track by itself is in another album.

WTF?!?

Anyways, I resorted to putting together playlists for songs that I wanted to listen to, when I got a brilliant idea: I would create playlists of 10-15 songs that I think my favourite X-Men characters would listen to. It would be an exercise in creativity, where I would try to attribute songs from various artists to as many X-Men characters.

For instance: Cyclops's play list would look like this (IMO)

I Sat By The Ocean - Queens of the Stone Age
    Way Down We Go - Kaleo
    Them Bones - Alice in Chains
    Getaway - Pearl Jam
    In The Fade - Queens of the Stone Age
    Ruiner - Nine Inch Nails
    Just Like You Imagined - Nine Inch Nails
    Look Around - Blues Traveler
    Wake Up - Rage Against The Machine
    Hold On - Pearl Jam
    The Diamond Sea - Sonic Youth

This is not even a set list, as I think I will adjust it to make it as "Scott Summers" as i can. I have lists for Cyclops, White Queen, Wolverine, Rogue and Psylocke so far. I will be creating lists for Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Archangel, and so many more.

This is where you come in. I figure there should be a lot of people that have opinions on what they think their favourite characters would listen to. So weigh in or even post about music that characters have said they like or dislike.

Looking forward to any and all input.

Warning: I will disregard any examples from Brian Michael Bendis' run.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Well, after yesterday Emma's playlist should be really, really heartache-y, lol.

Wolverine is an Areta Franklin fanboy.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I can see X-23 being a Metallica fan because the lyrics of The Unforgiven resonate with her.

Polaris' would, appropriately, lean toward metal.

Nearly all Halestorm songs are ones I think Lorna would listen to. In particular, I think she'd listen to these ones heavily as their themes involve surviving against adversity and breaking out of repressive molds and perceptions to show one's real power and self.

Daughters of Darkness
    Freak Like Me
    Vicious (which makes me think of Malice, if that history was redone in a good way)
    Mz Hyde
    Reckoning
    I Am The Fire

And of course, Black Vultures:

Also songs from bands like In This Moment (e.g. Joan of Arc, Beast Within, Whore), and The Pretty Reckless (Going to Hell)
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

Nightcrawler would have Mozart "Requiem" somewhere in his playlist.

As for Wolverine, I imagine he's a big fan of musicals since he did like Oklahoma!! (ha ha, make a joke about Hugh Jackman. The comic beat you to it). I imagine he has "Do You Heart the People Sing?" somewhere in his playlist because X-Men.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Dazzler is a huge Kylie fan. Light Years is the soundtrack to her life.

Psylocke is a Europop fan. Girls Aloud, The Saturday’s, Deborah Cox’s remixes. Anything with a very female empowerment message.

Kitty likes the 80’s mixes. Tears for Fears, Talking Heads, the Bangles, and the Go Go’s.

Great stuff, people. Keep 'em coming. I'm actually looking to find songs that I've never heard before that I may love and have to add to my playlist.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Kitty likes the 80’s mixes. Tears for Fears, Talking Heads, the Bangles, and the Go Go’s.
    Yes, absolutely perfect.

Jubilee: Katy Perry, Janelle Monáe, Fun, a measured amount of Taylor Swift, and a surprising amount of Evanescence.

Chamber: Pet Shop Boys, Billy Idol, Sex Pistols and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, mostly.

X-23: I’m gonna buck the trend here and say that with everything she’s had to shake off in her life she’s a closet T-Swiffy fan.

Illyana: Heilung. Nothing but Heilung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Yes, absolutely perfect.

Jubilee: Katy Perry, Janelle Monáe, Fun, a measured amount of Taylor Swift, and a surprising amount of Evanescence.

Chamber: Pet Shop Boys, Billy Idol, Sex Pistols and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, mostly.

X-23: I’m gonna buck the trend here and say that with everything she’s had to shake off in her life she’s a closet T-Swiffy fan.

Illyana: Heilung. Nothing but Heilung.
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    YES!

Colossus - nothing but blues and elvis.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Backstory: I have a phone that's kind of messed up. If I load up music from albums to my phone, sometimes it will scatter them in weird ways. For instance, Weezer's blue album is broken up in two when I look by albums, where every song except the third one is on one album and the third track by itself is in another album.

WTF?!?

Anyways, I resorted to putting together playlists for songs that I wanted to listen to, when I got a brilliant idea: I would create playlists of 10-15 songs that I think my favourite X-Men characters would listen to. It would be an exercise in creativity, where I would try to attribute songs from various artists to as many X-Men characters.

For instance: Cyclops's play list would look like this (IMO)

I Sat By The Ocean - Queens of the Stone Age
    Way Down We Go - Kaleo
    Them Bones - Alice in Chains
    Getaway - Pearl Jam
    In The Fade - Queens of the Stone Age
    Ruiner - Nine Inch Nails
    Just Like You Imagined - Nine Inch Nails
    Look Around - Blues Traveler
    Wake Up - Rage Against The Machine
    Hold On - Pearl Jam
    The Diamond Sea - Sonic Youth

This is not even a set list, as I think I will adjust it to make it as "Scott Summers" as i can. I have lists for Cyclops, White Queen, Wolverine, Rogue and Psylocke so far. I will be creating lists for Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Archangel, and so many more.

This is where you come in. I figure there should be a lot of people that have opinions on what they think their favourite characters would listen to. So weigh in or even post about music that characters have said they like or dislike.

Looking forward to any and all input.

Warning: I will disregard any examples from Brian Michael Bendis' run.
    Your Scott list is seriously deficient on The Fray. All The Fray.

Fantastic Member

Beast has always had the best musical taste. You want a playlist heavy with new wave and weird indie ****, Hank McCoy's got all the albums. Just off the top of my head, I can remember him singing TMBG, Thomas Dolby, and Elvis Costello. Hell, even Dark Beast was quoting Charles Manson songs recently.

Gambit's playlist is probably just a back and forth of Guns 'n' Roses and Buckwheat Zydeco. Sixteen versions of "Iko Iko"

Warren has a stack of 80s yacht rock. Genesis (only the Phil Collins stuff!) Every Hall & Oates album. Some are signed.

Wolverine probably just turns on generic classic rock radio and is completely satisfied.

Now, Glob Herman is undoubtedly a prog rock nerd. Yes, King Crimson, Genesis (only the Peter Gabriel stuff!), and Gentle Giant ("I swear they're not just a Genesis ripoff!" -Glob Herman, every day).

Also, Arfguy, check the IDv3 tags on the songs before you move them to the phone. If they aren't all uniform, they tend to put **** wherever they please.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 07-18-2019 at 10:22 PM.