Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Ah so true! He's also a fan of the Rolling Stones as mentioned by Luke Cage and I think he was also listening to "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh during Fraction's Uncanny X-Men run.

But seriously, it's a damn shame that the meeting between Logan and Freddie Mercury never happened, it would have been the greatest team-up of all time
    I like to think that Logan is also into Johnny Cash
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-20-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The song that played at Scott and Jean's wedding was "One Love" from U2, so I guess they are fans.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Magneto just listens to Busta Rhymes and DMX.
    Mags is more a Barbra fan. Yentl is his favorite musical.

Fantastic Member

Canonically, Kitty Pryde's favorite band was Cats Laughing, a folk-rock group made mostly of sci-fi/fantasy authors.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Beast has always had the best musical taste. You want a playlist heavy with new wave and weird indie ****, Hank McCoy's got all the albums. Just off the top of my head, I can remember him singing TMBG, Thomas Dolby, and Elvis Costello. Hell, even Dark Beast was quoting Charles Manson songs recently..
    I think an updated playlist for Beast would probably include the Decemberists, the Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons, Deathcab for Cutie, and Postmodern Jukebox.

Gambit would like jazz, especially smooth jazz & space jazz.

Magneto would probably say human music is beneath him, but would secretly list to big band, Rat Pack era music, and the like.

Chamber was 18 in 1994, so he's been humming Park Life to himself since Generation X issue 1.

But srsly. Every on-page music choice of an X-character has been terrible. It's canon that they have terrible taste in music.

Evidence:

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The song that played at Scott and Jean's wedding was "One Love" from U2, so I guess they are fans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Thank you Hush! I still need to finish that run
    You're welcome Despite some "missteps", I think it was a really entertaining and funny series at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like to think that Logan is also into Johnny Cash
    I agree, it would make sense. No wonder they chose one of Cash's song for the Logan trailer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    I think an updated playlist for Beast would probably include the Decemberists, the Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons, Deathcab for Cutie, and Postmodern Jukebox.

Gambit would like jazz, especially smooth jazz & space jazz.

Magneto would probably say human music is beneath him, but would secretly list to big band, Rat Pack era music, and the like.
    Smooth jazz is antithetical to the spirit of real, NOLA jazz music. Bebop, Zydeco, swing, big band - I can see that. But I don't think you'd ever catch Gambit with a Kenny G record.

Agreed with Hank, though I can also picture him singing along with anything off The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse too. Hank's tastes are interesting in that a lot of what he's into has aged very well over decades.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Smooth jazz is antithetical to the spirit of real, NOLA jazz music. Bebop, Zydeco, swing, big band - I can see that. But I don't think you'd ever catch Gambit with a Kenny G record.

Agreed with Hank, though I can also picture him singing along with anything off The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse too. Hank's tastes are interesting in that a lot of what he's into has aged very well over decades.
    I should have qualified smooth jazz as old school smooth jazz. I can't picture Gambit listening to Kenny G either. Dave Koz maybe, but I'd think Gambit would be old school. He'd probably like most jazz styles, but especially those that would be romantic. His favorite famous jazz musicians are probably all dead. He'd probably like Postmodern Jukebox too. Modern songs reworked in old school styles seems like Remy & Hank both. I am biased since I like PMJ a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Your Scott list is seriously deficient on The Fray. All The Fray.
    All the Fray? I posted my topic on Twitter and the only person who responded thought Scott is a weeny and had nothing to contribute in terms of trying to understand Scott and what he would listen to. Is the Fray suggestion serious? I mean, I could imagine he would listen to a song here and there, but does the Fray speak so specifically to Scott Summers?

Very curious to hear the thoughts behind this.

Beast has always had the best musical taste. You want a playlist heavy with new wave and weird indie ****, Hank McCoy's got all the albums. Just off the top of my head, I can remember him singing TMBG, Thomas Dolby, and Elvis Costello. Hell, even Dark Beast was quoting Charles Manson songs recently.

Gambit's playlist is probably just a back and forth of Guns 'n' Roses and Buckwheat Zydeco. Sixteen versions of "Iko Iko"

Warren has a stack of 80s yacht rock. Genesis (only the Phil Collins stuff!) Every Hall & Oates album. Some are signed.

Wolverine probably just turns on generic classic rock radio and is completely satisfied.

Now, Glob Herman is undoubtedly a prog rock nerd. Yes, King Crimson, Genesis (only the Peter Gabriel stuff!), and Gentle Giant ("I swear they're not just a Genesis ripoff!" -Glob Herman, every day).

Also, Arfguy, check the IDv3 tags on the songs before you move them to the phone. If they aren't all uniform, they tend to put **** wherever they please.
    See? This is awesome. I didn't know there was music that could be classified as yacht rock. Warren listening to Phil Collins Genesis is something I could see. I would also imagine Warren being into a couple of classic instrument piece, given his wealthy upbringing. I watched Tombstone a few times recently and I can imagine Warren being into Frederic Chopin, just because it was something Doc Holiday was talking about.

Also, thank you for notifying me of the IDv3 tag. I will look for it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Magneto has Public Enemy - Fight The Power on repeat
    How I'm looking at it is...not which songs best describes the character, but more the music that character would listen to. What I'm trying to achieve is: if I were to play a list of songs for a big fan of Magneto, would they say "Yeah, I can see this being the kind of music Magneto would listen to". Given his age and upbringing, I would imagine a lot of classical piano and strings, maybe some brass stuff given his powers and metal.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Kitty likes the 80’s mixes. Tears for Fears, Talking Heads, the Bangles, and the Go Go’s.
    Perfect. But:

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    Canonically, Kitty Pryde's favorite band was Cats Laughing, a folk-rock group made mostly of sci-fi/fantasy authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Chamber: Pet Shop Boys, Billy Idol, Sex Pistols and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, mostly.
    Seriously! I love it, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    But seriously, it's a damn shame that the meeting between Logan and Freddie Mercury never happened, it would have been the greatest team-up of all time
    Actually, they met:

https://comicsalliance.com/wolverine...mercury-comic/

Longshot digs essentially good vibes music. Thus -> Reggae

Also, he needs music which you can dance by jumping. Thus -> SKA, DUDES!!!