Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yeah...

I didn't finish watching. It got worse?
    I didn't finish it either. Quit it after first 10 minutes of second to last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    just watched it and i wholeheartedly agree....the scene with the apple is Cool and and genuinely creepy that episode manages to put so much more depth to the characters and more weight to the situation than Dark Phoenix could ever hope to do even if it had s 5 hour runtime3
    Its cruel to Noah to compare him to Simon Kinberg. Legion is not high budgeted and the film making quality stills looks better than anything from Dark Phoenix. Goes to show what you need is the talent not the money. Dark phoenix cost 200m and everything still looks so cheap without any technical depth.
    Nothing from Dark Phoenix looks this interesting from a filmmaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The way season 2 went, I say Hawley needs some heavy restraints.
    I like season 1 (far from greatest TV show some here think) gave up on season 2. It seemed to be all about how clever Hawley is and not about the characters, or what passed as a story.

Fargo has been superior in every aspect.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I like season 1 (far from greatest TV show some here think) gave up on season 2. It seemed to be all about how clever Hawley is and not about the characters, or what passed as a story.

Fargo has been superior in every aspect.
    Fargo's third season was a dip also IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Fargo's third season was a dip also IMO.
    We don't share that opinion.

First season was still the strongest, but loved 2 and 3 as well.

But either way, Hawley should not be given the keys to another Marvel property.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With and where Marvel is now, Marvel needs people like Hawley. How long truly can they go one with their lighthearted humor disney formula stories. Is box office the okay sign? From what I have heard and read from season 3, Legion does time travel in a way Endgame can only dream off. Marvel needs to start translating that sophisticated storytelling to the big screen not doing the easiest cliche of story tropes.

Clever is not a word associated with mainstream Marvel today.There is an admission by everyone that Hawley is clever, maybe too clever, it is still better than anything we have now from Marvel that seems to be getting duller with each stories. Hawley doesn't have to go full Legion on a movie script. Marvel can constrain him to another John Peele for a high budgeted live action movie, they shouldn't even. Give me Hawley over another little product value Marvel movie like Far from Home

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    With and where Marvel is now, Marvel needs people like Hawley. How long truly can they go one with their lighthearted humor disney formula stories. Is box office the okay sign? From what I have heard and read from season 3, Legion does time travel in a way Endgame can only dream off. Marvel needs to start translating that sophisticated storytelling to the big screen not doing the easiest cliche of story tropes.

Clever is not a word associated with mainstream Marvel today.There is an admission by everyone that Hawley is clever, maybe too clever, it is still better than anything we have now from Marvel that seems to be getting duller with each stories. Hawley doesn't have to go full Legion on a movie script. Marvel can constrain him to another John Peele for a high budgeted live action movie, they shouldn't even. Give me Hawley over another little product value Marvel movie like Far from Home

Shield is far better than Legion. Netflix has been doing very well with non-lighthearted Marvel.

I wouldn't mind more Hawley, as long as it is different than Legion.

Incredible Member

You Dare?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5RXhPwlKc#t=40s

YOU DARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Have you seen any of Marvel television output because you only seem focused on the movies.

BANNED

Shouldn't you actually watch it yourself before pretty much any of the comments you've made?

BANNED

I loved 1 and 2. I thought 3 bordered on boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Shouldn't you actually watch it yourself before pretty much any of the comments you've made?
    I am reading the recaps of Legion season 3. so far, so good I am enjoying it. Read this and tell me if you still think Endgame should have thought twice about time travel story telling.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/le...el-1202156390/

If Hawley was a marvel movie writer, he would have given better options. it is up to Marvel to take it or just continue with their cliche ''disney formula''.

Shield is far better than Legion.

Do you mean Agents of Shield? Shield is more comparable to The Gifted. I only saw one episode of both shows. Nether shows had any depth or interesting cleverness. Legion intrigued me, made me want to watch the next episode and keep me involved trying to figure out all the plot twists.

Netflix has been doing very well with non-lighthearted Marvel.
    Netflix didn't make marvel movies. All the non-lighthearted Marvel movies came from Fox, Sony and New Line cinema.

I wouldn't mind more Hawley, as long as it is different than Legion.
    I think with Hawley what you see is what you get. There should be a place for the likes of Hawley in marvel. I rather go for the smart writers than the dull ones. we need more hawley than more marvel easy movies that rarely pushes any envelope.

BANNED

I am reading the recaps of Legion season 3.
    You continue to make a lot of judgments about a lot of things while acknowledging you don't watch them. That's not a real sound basis for people to think you've developed a well-informed opinion.

For the record, Legion is basically doing the "Bullshit" all time travel movies do that Endgame was making fun of. It's working so far because it's kooky and weird and that's the world Hawley built. But I'm going to see the story through before I make any declarations about how it told the story. Perhaps you should make a similar element a requirement of your critiques.