Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Marvel should just write a blank check to Noah Hawley (Legion)

I saw episode 4 of season 3 of legion late... out of this effing world, so imaginative, and inspired.

I saw television is a better playground for him, give him an unlimited budget and let him loose with whatever subjects he wants from the marvel pantheon to bring on screen for their streaming service. If what he wants to work on is too R rated for disney, he can put it on Hulu.

But let's cut the bs and just give him the keys to any car or plane or space ship he wants.

I have not seen season 3 or season 2. I really liked Season 1.

It was a sad mistake he never became the head runner of X-Men. From Season 1, I wanted X-Men movies to become more like Legion in storytelling since there was nothing left from the franchise anymore.

Because of Disney's creative constraints and lack of mature storytelling. This is the last we have seen of Noah Hawley as a Marvel employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I saw episode 4 of season 3 of legion late... out of this effing world, so imaginative, and inspired.

I saw television is a better playground for him, give him an unlimited budget and let him loose with whatever subjects he wants from the marvel pantheon to bring on screen for their streaming service. If what he wants to work on is too R rated for disney, he can put it on Hulu.

But let's cut the bs and just give him the keys to any car or plane or space ship he wants.
    On the one hand, I can see why you would say that.

On the other hand, do you honestly see the person in question wanting to take a long term gig for either Marvel or DC?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

Because of Disney's creative constraints and lack of mature storytelling. This is the last we have seen of Noah Hawley as a Marvel employee.
    Sounds like he can get a job with Marvel TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sounds like he can get a job with Marvel TV.
    It would be great for Marvel to do so, as long as they let him do what he wants, give him all the control he has with Legion, not him following a ''disney formula''

It would be great for Marvel to do so, as long as they let him do what he wants, give him all the control he has with Legion, not him following a ''disney formula''
    You do know Legion was a joint production with Marvel TV right? Also that Disney made and released films like H20, Hellraiser Sequels, and Final Destination films under it's subsidiaries?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Marvel TV is different from Marvel Studios. The TV branch have tackled mature content in almost all their shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel TV is different from Marvel Studios. The TV branch have tackled mature content in almost all their shows.
    Yeah DD Season one had a guy ram his own head thru a pole to commit suicide and JJ Season one had a key story plot point be a aborted fetus. Disney owned these character and their film and tv rights and allowed Marvel TV and Netflix to due mature content I don't get the fear that Disney is going to treat X-Characters like they do Mickey Mouse.

The way season 2 went, I say Hawley needs some heavy restraints.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the one hand, I can see why you would say that.

On the other hand, do you honestly see the person in question wanting to take a long term gig for either Marvel or DC?
    He might. Legion is a prime example, the benefits of the marvel universe instead of some mundane real world landscape is that it lifts the standard constraints of reality. You have more creative tools and freedom to create things where it would still make sense. Fargo can't allow that many degrees of freedom. Many people don't know what to do with it, but he has shown at times he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The way season 2 went, I say Hawley needs some heavy restraints.
    Yeah...

I didn't finish watching. It got worse?

He might. Legion is a prime example, the benefits of the marvel universe instead of some mundane real world landscape is that it lifts the standard constraints of reality. You have more creative tools and freedom to create things where it would still make sense. Fargo can't allow that many degrees of freedom. Many people don't know what to do with it, but he has shown at times he does.
    The degrees of freedom is giving Hawley the full power to tell his story as he does on FX. Not needing to get a script approval from Feige or Disney. Legion is not connected to any X-Men movie or TV show by Hawley's request since he wanted total freedom. Now that X-Men is going to be in the MCU, X-Men has to be part of the disney formula. Hawley's imagination and writing is completely on a different platform to that.

Hawley captured Legion so well from the comics. The only live action Legion I ever saw was from X-Men Evolution, the episode was just as complicated and twisted as Hawley's Legion. I wish Marvel would go back to that era of story for a mainstream platform, instead of Disney's immaturity putting the breaks on Marvel constantly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yeah...

I didn't finish watching. It got worse?
    It was awful. Season 1 of Legion is one of my favorite single seasons of TV. It was freaking awesome. I went into Season 2 with some serious hype and by the end was torturing myself to finish it. It was brutal.

So, yeah, so far this season has been pretty damn good. I'm a Hawley fan, but perhaps he learned a lesson about self-indulgence from the second season. That **** fest of a season will always tarnish the series, but I sincerely hope he did learn his lesson so this show finishes on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It was awful. Season 1 of Legion is one of my favorite single seasons of TV. It was freaking awesome. I went into Season 2 with some serious hype and by the end was torturing myself to finish it. It was brutal.

So, yeah, so far this season has been pretty damn good. I'm a Hawley fan, but perhaps he learned a lesson about self-indulgence from the second season. That **** fest of a season will always tarnish the series, but I sincerely hope he did learn his lesson so this show finishes on a high note.
    I didnt even finish season one. Alot of cool ideas in the show but with so many things to watch the show didnt hold my interest. Around the time we see Shadow King locked away I think I stopped watching. Guys who sings shiny in Moana is Shadow King right? Maybe I'll go back and try again people seemed to have loved season 1 but yea I lost intrest

just watched it and i wholeheartedly agree....the scene with the apple is Cool and and genuinely creepy that episode manages to put so much more depth to the characters and more weight to the situation than Dark Phoenix could ever hope to do even if it had s 5 hour runtime3