Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 80 of 80
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Okay I have to object. what does raised by a supervillain have to do with it? Are we also forgetting that Damian was also raised by heroes. Is currently a hero and has given his life twice to protect others. Damian is a hero.

    On the thread topic, the Batfamily are pretty much in a similar situation to other legacy characters I will say that batman fans have a lot more choice. He is in a lot of stuff but things might be looking up. With the success of characters like WW and Aquaman in outside media this could prompt DC to take more risk and stop betting everything on Batman.

    The superman heavy upcoming animated movies slate and the various non batman related TV shows are already reflecting this
    It won't because you have had a TON of stuff in the past that already proved that.

    Static proved that.
    The CW shows proved that.
    The non Batman cartoons proved that.
    Folks who dressed up as someone NOT from the Batman family proved that.

    The writing has been on the wall for years-DC chooses to NOT pay attention.

    Because they are pandering to Batman fans and stores that act like any book not starring him (especially those of color or LGBTQ) have no business being made.

    Dc has to understand variety is not 50 different versions of Batman. Like you said look at all the folks winning fans over OUTSIDE of comics. Why keep wasting that shot with excuses of "it won't help comic book sales".

    All these Batman books are not helping. It's not helping Doom Patrol or New Age Heroes or Hal Jordan or Justice League. It only helps Batman.

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Okay I have to object. what does raised by a supervillain have to do with it? Are we also forgetting that Damian was also raised by heroes. Is currently a hero and has given his life twice to protect others. Damian is a hero.
    Of course I know all of this. I'm not saying that as a slam against Damian. However, being raised by a supervillain in this context would give Clark a reason to be suspect of Damian being around Jon. Though, one could easily make the argument that Clark was wrong to make Damian jump through hoops.

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It won't because you have had a TON of stuff in the past that already proved that.

    Static proved that.
    The CW shows proved that.
    The non Batman cartoons proved that.
    Folks who dressed up as someone NOT from the Batman family proved that.
    I get your point, and I agree with it to an extent, but it's been proven multiple times that outside media (movies, tv shows, games) rarely if ever bring in new comic readers. Both of the Big 2 have tried this and failed numerous times over the past decade.
    Last Read: Vagabond, VizBig Edition vol. 1
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, The Flash, Kick-Ass, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Paper Girls, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  4. #79
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I get your point, and I agree with it to an extent, but it's been proven multiple times that outside media (movies, tv shows, games) rarely if ever bring in new comic readers. Both of the Big 2 have tried this and failed numerous times over the past decade.
    Yep. What people need to realize is that comic book readers are not remotely as diverse as the other more popular entertainment media. What works for one industry may not work for another.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  5. #80
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It won't because you have had a TON of stuff in the past that already proved that.

    Static proved that.
    The CW shows proved that.
    The non Batman cartoons proved that.
    Folks who dressed up as someone NOT from the Batman family proved that.

    The writing has been on the wall for years-DC chooses to NOT pay attention.

    Because they are pandering to Batman fans and stores that act like any book not starring him (especially those of color or LGBTQ) have no business being made.

    Dc has to understand variety is not 50 different versions of Batman. Like you said look at all the folks winning fans over OUTSIDE of comics. Why keep wasting that shot with excuses of "it won't help comic book sales".

    All these Batman books are not helping. It's not helping Doom Patrol or New Age Heroes or Hal Jordan or Justice League. It only helps Batman.
    This pretty much sums up how I've been feeling about the bat related content for a few years. Use one of those books or movies for a non bat related character and the bat franchise wouldn't really be losing much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •