Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 80
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes, he's a stranger. A stranger that may have helped save Clark's life but a stranger nonetheless. Clark does not know Jor-El as a person, he did not grow up with him.
    In most incarnations, Clark has been shown to have a kindred connection with Jor-El and Lara, despite not having been raised by them because, well, they are his parents. That, to most people, does mean something.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So you wouldn't call offering to guide Jon so he can learn more about himself and what it means to be Kryptonian as making an effort?? That, on its face, says that Jor El wants to get to know his grandson.

    Also, Sam Lane has been shown not to be sane in the past and has targeted Superman many, many times. In fact, some could even qualify Sam Lane as a Superman villain based on his past actions. And what steps has he taken to correct that? Last we saw, Lois basically told him Clark and Superman were one and the same and he...did nothing in response to that.



    Again, he seemed lucid. And let's not forget that Jor El technically wasn't the cause of the trauma Jon experienced in space. In fact, Jon probably wouldn't have ended up being imprisoned by Ultraman if he'd just stuck with his grandfather. And actually, Jor El ended up saving him from Superwoman. In the end, though, Jor El is actually being shown to be targeted by the Circle, so its not like he's paranoid without reason.
    Those are in old continuities. Not in the current continuity. In the current one, sam has reservations of superman. But, loves jon and lois. He respects lois and what she does. He disagrees with alot of opinions lois has.He was building a relation with Superfamily. Had some fun with his grandson, had dinner with them.. Etc. This ain't superman unchained or hulk.
    Jor el asking to give kryptonIan studies for jon is great. But he is offering to do that Not in Clark's home and without clark's supervision. Worse, he is making demands like clark owes him his first born. No, he doesn't. Jor el didn't let the kid back immediately when he wanted to either. He made the kid uncomfortable and lonely. The circle has nothing to do with jon. It's jor el's cult shit because he is shady as fuck. Not someone who should be given your kid. Add fugitive to the list of detractors.

  3. #48
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,073

    Default

    I think its a little silly to insinuate one cannot have an opinion on this unless they have children of their own. This isn't a real life scenario by any stretch of the imagination. I think its more than safe to say that no one here, whether they hated this development or are in general okay with it, would let their real life child go off with a stranger. Let's just earmark that as common sense. This is a comic book, anyone's allowed an opinion, even if that opinion moves to justify this storyline.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think its a little silly to insinuate one cannot have an opinion on this unless they have children of their own. This isn't a real life scenario by any stretch of the imagination. I think its more than safe to say that no one here, whether they hated this development or are in general okay with it, would let their real life child go off with a stranger. Let's just earmark that as common sense. This is a comic book, anyone's allowed an opinion, even if that opinion moves to justify this storyline.
    No one is saying that. I said, i was content disagreeing with people who differ. But, superman has grounding factor. He goes to work. Has a wife, a kid and a dog(not an alien creature but a freaking dog with powers) . Has a set of parents, relatives.. Etc. Some of our common sense need to be applied to superman as well.
    For instance,(let's take Morrison's example) superman takes the dog past mars for a walk. There are things that dog owners should careful of, that would apply to superman . Like knowing when let it of the leesh and when to keep it on short.. Etc.
    Superman is "super" viewed through a man's lenses. So, a man's deepest desires, common senses and logic applies albeit in cosmic larger scale.

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Those are in old continuities. Not in the current continuity. In the current one, sam has reservations of superman. But, loves jon and lois. He respects lois and what she does. He disagrees with alot of opinions lois has.He was building a relation with Superfamily. Had some fun with his grandson, had dinner with them.. Etc. This ain't superman unchained or hulk.
    We actually don't know this. And, if anything, Superman Reborn would insinuate that Sam's past attempts on Superman's life and on Kryptonian's in general is probably still in continuity. I don't think a family dinner is enough to

    Jor el asking to give kryptonIan studies for jon is great. But he is offering to do that Not in Clark's home and without clark's supervision. Worse, he is making demands like clark owes him his first born.
    Did you even read the issue? Jor-El made an offer. It was fully within Jon's right to deny him, but Jon wanted to go. And Jor-El did not frame it as Clark "owing" him anything. It was about helping Jon gain perspective on who he is as a Kryptonian-human hybrid.



    No, he doesn't. Jor el didn't let the kid back immediately when he wanted to either. He made the kid uncomfortable and lonely. The circle has nothing to do with jon. It's jor el's cult shit because he is shady as fuck. Not someone who should be given your kid. Add fugitive to the list of detractors.
    Except, you know, Lois and Clark didn't know about the Circle. I'm not saying Jor-El isn't shady or that he doesn't bear some fault. I'm just saying that, with the information they had in the moment, Lois and Clark's decision wasn't really without some logic.

    And, to be clear, Jor El is a fugitive from a clandestine group of shadow manipulators who might have had a hand in destroying Krypton because he ran afoul of them. So, I wouldn't necessarily put that as a count against him because he's apparently a good guy in this situation.

  6. #51
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No one is saying that. I said, i was content disagreeing with people who differ. But, superman has grounding factor. He goes to work. Has a wife, a kid and a dog(not an alien creature but a freaking dog with powers) . Has a set of parents, relatives.. Etc. Some of our common sense need to be applied to superman as well.
    For instance,(let's take Morrison's example) superman takes the dog past mars for a walk. There are things that dog owners should careful of, that would apply to superman . Like knowing when let it of the leesh and when to keep it on short.. Etc.
    Superman is "super" viewed through a man's lenses. So, a man's deepest desires, common senses and logic applies albeit in cosmic larger scale.
    It was said on the last page, but not by you, I didn't mean to make it look like I was specifically referencing you. I was just being lazy and posted it as a general thought as opposed to a direct quote.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    We actually don't know this. And, if anything, Superman Reborn would insinuate that Sam's past attempts on Superman's life and on Kryptonian's in general is probably still in continuity. I don't think a family dinner is enough to



    Did you even read the issue? Jor-El made an offer. It was fully within Jon's right to deny him, but Jon wanted to go. And Jor-El did not frame it as Clark "owing" him anything. It was about helping Jon gain perspective on who he is as a Kryptonian-human hybrid.





    Except, you know, Lois and Clark didn't know about the Circle. I'm not saying Jor-El isn't shady or that he doesn't bear some fault. I'm just saying that, with the information they had in the moment, Lois and Clark's decision wasn't really without some logic.

    And, to be clear, Jor El is a fugitive from a clandestine group of shadow manipulators who might have had a hand in destroying Krypton because he ran afoul of them. So, I wouldn't necessarily put that as a count against him because he's apparently a good guy in this situation.
    Exactly, we don't know about sam's past. For now, what's in continuity that have been shown is sam being decent guy with different political views. Someone who got into trouble trying to do the right thing in another country(i might be wrong, i don't remember the issue thoroughly ) . Was even abandoned by his own country .
    First of all, jon is a kid.it was not Jon's decision to make. He bypassed Jon's guardians and caretakers. He enticed a kid who has always been searching for mischief, fun and adventure . He has no business doing so. He didn't do through proper channel and was not even a request.
    Clark knows jor el is shady from day one. Letting your kid with shady people and no supervision is not a mark of intelligence.
    I don't blame clark in man of steel he was cornered. He only allowed because lois was going with jon.it is only after the communicator broke clark began acting out of character. It started with that continued throughout superman series and the dreadful action comics#1004. Where clark forgets his son and decides to leave him space with a shady stranger, just cause "he got some" from lois. He didn't care lois left his child he entrusted with her in the hand of jor el. He was happy, having fuck. Also, he didn't even ask lois if she brought anything to track or communicate with him. Not that lois did. She was too busy thinking about a fucking book.Man!jon needs a piccolo and fast.
    Not mention the hal jordan incident.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-21-2019 at 11:54 AM.

  8. #53
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Exactly, we don't know about sam's past. For now, what's in continuity that have been shown is sam being decent guy with different political views. Someone who got into trouble trying to do the right thing in another country(i might be wrong, i don't remember the issue thoroughly ) . Was even abandoned by his own country .
    Actually, with all things Superman, Reborn has kind of established that unless its refuted by Rebirth itself, it should counted as canon. Before Flashpoint, Sam Lane literally teamed up with Luthor and turned Earth sun from yellow to red to rob all Kryptonians of their power. He also once arrested Lois and threatened to disappear her: his own freaking daughter.

    So, yeah, he's not really a great guy to have around Jon, but by all means, he wants to have dinner with them so he must be all better. Please.

    First of all, jon is a kid.it was not Jon's decision to make. He bypassed Jon's guardians and caretakers. He enticed a kid who has always been searching for mischief, fun and adventure . He has no business doing so. He didn't do through proper channel and was not even a request.
    I'd say the very fact that he posited this right in front of Lois and Clark meant that he did not bypass Jon's guardians.

    Clark knows jor el is shady from day one. Letting your kid with shady people and no supervision is not a mark of intelligence.
    I don't blame clark in man of steel he was cornered. He only allowed because lois was going with jon.it is only after the communicator broke clark began acting out of character. It started with that continued throughout superman series and the dreadful action comics#1004. Where clark forgets his son and decides to leave him space with a shady stranger, just cause "he got some" from lois. He didn't care lois left his child he entrusted with her in the hand of jor el. He was happy, having fuck. Also, he didn't even ask lois if she brought anything to track or communicate with him. Not that lois did. She was too busy thinking about a fucking book.Man!jon needs a piccolo and fast.
    Not mention the hal jordan incident.
    Uh, Clark asks Lois straight out about Jon. In fact, a good chunk of their conversation about why he's been out of touch and about how he's doing with his father. Lois assured him that he was fine and not only that, but that he was thriving. And you keep mentioning the Hal Jordan incident. Again, Clark didn't have reason to think Jon was in danger. He's gonna send Hal on a rescue and reconisence mission, detracting from the GLC's time and resources, to spy on his son and father?

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Actually, with all things Superman, Reborn has kind of established that unless its refuted by Rebirth itself, it should counted as canon. Before Flashpoint, Sam Lane literally teamed up with Luthor and turned Earth sun from yellow to red to rob all Kryptonians of their power. He also once arrested Lois and threatened to disappear her: his own freaking daughter.

    So, yeah, he's not really a great guy to have around Jon, but by all means, he wants to have dinner with them so he must be all better. Please.



    I'd say the very fact that he posited this right in front of Lois and Clark meant that he did not bypass Jon's guardians.



    Uh, Clark asks Lois straight out about Jon. In fact, a good chunk of their conversation about why he's been out of touch and about how he's doing with his father. Lois assured him that he was fine and not only that, but that he was thriving. And you keep mentioning the Hal Jordan incident. Again, Clark didn't have reason to think Jon was in danger. He's gonna send Hal on a rescue and reconisence mission, detracting from the GLC's time and resources, to spy on his son and father?
    I don't think so that, This is a continuation of that incarnations of sam. There is no indication of that. If that was the case lois wouldn't talk to him or give him time of the day.let alone invite him to dinner with jon. As i said, he has shown no signs of being thaddeus ross.
    Hey! Even if you are right. Jon was not sent on a summer vacation with sam lane was he? If the previous incarnations of sam is yard stick for jor el's trust worthiness. Then you know jor el ain't trustworthy and that clark wouldn't trust him with his kid.
    Yeah! Clark reactions and lois's way of stating things was very concerned parents like(sarcasm). No it wasn't. Clark asks once where jon is. Lois says he is fine, he bloomed in space and clark shouldn't worry.clark immediately drops it cause he was getting laid. It was shittest way to show concern. Your 10 year old son is in space with a unstable stranger,but hey! As long you get laid it ain't a problem.that whole issue was dreadful. So much for going into space for searching and smashing meteors in anger/sadness . What a load of crap.
    That's why i called clark an idiot. He has been an idiot. Your son is lost in space with no communication with someone you can't trust. He doesn't seem to think it's important to inform the authorities. Hey! It is a shame glc resources will be wasted. But, you got to do what you have to. GLc is there for help and these kinds of emergencies. Aren't they? Glc even offered to take jon home. But the conversation was cut short by jor el.
    It wouldn't take all of resources of glc. Just miniscule amount.

  10. #55
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    690

    Default

    I like the batfamily but yeah, it's sometimes difficult to be as angry as some of the batfans are when something happens.

    Like Dick is one of my fave characters, but I'm more indifferent to the whole Ric thing because I know he will be back to normal within 2 years and has tons of backlog I still haven't even read yet. Compare this to a couple other of my faves, Piper and Obsidian.. one of whom has been wallpaper in like maybe 30 issues over 8 years and the other hasn't even existed for 8 years, both having a much more limited backlog. Doesn't help that Piper was basically gone after 2008 (after being stuck in Countdown!) and Obsidian was wallpaper in post-IC Johns JSA, then an egg for a year in a terrible run, and then stuck in one of the worst JSA runs ever before disappearing.

    And then I see batfamily fans clamoring for their fave to have a solo and I'm like, dang I'd settle for my fave c-d listers to have just one issue focusing on them lol.

  11. #56
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think so that, This is a continuation of that incarnations of sam. There is no indication of that. If that was the case lois wouldn't talk to him or give him time of the day.let alone invite him to dinner with jon. As i said, he has shown no signs of being thaddeus ross.
    Superman Reborn basically made Superman's timeline like 99% Pre-Flashpoint. So, unless there's something that directly refutes Sam's past actions, I'm going to assume that they are in canon. And as for why Lois would still talk to him? Uh, this is comics. Why did anyone associate with Batman post-Tower of Babel? Why is Tony Stark still in the Avengers after what he did during the Civil War?

    Hey! Even if you are right. Jon was not sent on a summer vacation with sam lane was he? If the previous incarnations of sam is yard stick for jor el's trust worthiness. Then you know jor el ain't trustworthy and that clark wouldn't trust him with his kid.
    If anything, I'd be less likely to let Jon spend time with Sam than with Jor-El. What Sam has done in the past is definitely worse than Jor-El's actions.

    Yeah! Clark reactions and lois's way of stating things was very concerned parents like(sarcasm). No it wasn't. Clark asks once where jon is. Lois says he is fine, he bloomed in space and clark shouldn't worry.clark immediately drops it cause he was getting laid. It was shittest way to show concern. Your 10 year old son is in space with a unstable stranger,but hey! As long you get laid it ain't a problem.
    That's a total mischaracterization and you know it. Clark asked Lois, his wife and a person who he trusts, how Jon was and she said that he was not only okay, but thriving.

    Also, side note: why is it apparently an issue for a comic to show a sexual side of Clark and Lois's relationship? They're husband and wife. What, did you just think they were roommates?

    So much for going into space for searching and smashing meteors in anger/sadness . What a load of crap.
    That's why i called clark an idiot. He has been an idiot. Your son is lost in space with no communication with someone you can't trust. He doesn't seem to think it's important to inform the authorities.
    Except Clark thought he could be trusted because, again, Jor-El is his father and Jon's grandfather. And Jor-El did not kidnap Jon. Jon said he wanted to go and Clark let him. So, what would the authorities be informed of exactly? The fact that Clark let his son go on a trip with his grandfather??

    Hey! It is a shame glc resources will be wasted. But, you got to do what you have to. GLc is there for help and these kinds of emergencies. Aren't they? Glc even offered to take jon home. But the conversation was cut short by jor el.
    It wouldn't take all of resources of glc. Just miniscule amount.
    Again, they had no reason to believe it was an emergency. That's what you're still not getting. Jon was on a trip with his grandfather by his own volition.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 07-22-2019 at 09:43 AM.

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Superman Reborn basically made Superman's timeline like 99% Pre-Flashpoint. So, unless there's something that directly refutes Sam's past actions, I'm going to assume that they are in canon. And as for why Lois would still talk to him? Uh, this is comics. Why did anyone associate with Batman post-Tower of Babel? Why is Tony Stark still in the Avengers after what he did during the Civil War?



    If anything, I'd be less likely to let Jon spend time with Sam than with Jor-El. What Sam has done in the past is definitely worse than Jor-El's actions.



    That's a total mischaracterization and you know it. Clark asked Lois, his wife and a person who he trusts, how Jon was and she said that he was not only okay, but thriving.

    Also, side note: why is it apparently an issue for a comic to show a sexual side of Clark and Lois's relationship? They're husband and wife. What, did you just think they were roommates?



    Except Clark thought he could be trusted because, again, Jor-El is his father and Jon's grandfather. And Jor-El did not kidnap Jon. Jon said he wanted to go and Clark let him. So, what would the authorities be informed of exactly? The fact that Clark let his son go on a trip with his grandfather??



    Again, they had no reason to believe it was an emergency. That's what you're still not getting. Jon was on a trip with his grandfather by his own volition.
    I would argue the current characterisation of sam itself proves those earlier stories are moot. There has been no mention of old stories connected to sam. If something was canon then they would show it, in form of dialogue or flashback. They haven't . So there is no confirmation. So, i can only judge rebirth stuff. From that, sam is earning trust the proper way.Even, Clark himself seemed to warm up to him. He didn't outstep his boundaries. He stood his ground on his beliefs and respectfully disagreed. Fought for what he believed to be the right thing. Even when his country refused to recognise or help him.
    Many of the older stories are not canon. Where did you pull this 99% number? You do know secret origins itself is changed clark never met this legion, chris kent doesn't exist, cir el doesn't, new krypton didn't happen, grounded didn't happen... Etc tip of the iceberg. Only confirmed stories are president luthor with alterations, death of superman, electric blue .. Etc. Clark's parents are still dead. Reborn was a merger to remove and add things.
    His own volition means nothing. He is a kid. His decision are made by his parents or guardians. If not being able to contact your kid isn't an emergency, who is god knows where with a dubious person. I don't know what is.
    You have been saying jor el =father/grandfather thing that is not a credible reason to trust a stranger. I have given my own example for why. I myself wouldn't give my son or heck! My nephew to my biological father or mother,until they give me a reason. And i haven't met a couple who would. It is defies my understanding, logic and common sense. Jor el isn't same star father,he was. he has spent entire life being brainwashed and tortured. He has lived a life on earth. He is basically broken and shady. Clark kent knows this.
    Tell the authorities the truth. I already told grandfather crap doesn't mean anything. Tell them how wife left the child with the creep by mistake (negligence more like it) . How clark can't reach or contact the kid. Tell them how jor el is a stranger and when they first met he was unstable. How His attitude is shady and was jerk. Request hal to find their kid and bring him back. Apologise for their carelessness with the kid and wasting the time of glc and resources .
    They can fuck all they want. But, doing so when your kid is missing and trivialising it is shitty thing to do. And no i am not mischaracterising anyone. My god that issue was terrible. I hated it with a passion.


    This is what happened. I didn't get the puberty thing from the art. Jon had no significant growth then. So, i don't understand her logic. She even called jor el creepy. So, leaving a kid with someone creepy is alright now ? She did it to write a book? What a joke.Clark doesn't seem to mind as well. Clark's laid back approach is shitty and idiotic . It blew my mind how bad it was. If my wife left our kid unsupervised without protection i would be pissed. And get the fuck out of there.I would be planning my next move to find the kid.

    Look man, i feel we are going in circle.you are just saying the same thing. Jor el is grandfather, own violation.. Etc. These are not enough and are stupid reasons for me. If you don't have anything else to say. We should just stop. I just don't like superfamily under Bendis. It lacks heart,love and any bond.i would rather read dceased where i know thing are going to get ugly. But, clark and lois are acting like parents. Not only to jon but damian as well. Glad you liked superman.

  13. #58
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Well maybe that's what's killing DC.Too much Batman n Family and not enough for other heroe's to have a spotlight.i like batman but like wolverine I can't collect his book's because he's always in everything.n it's BS if u say that's what sell's.if that's the case then u have some very untalented people working for your company.

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    man I feel bad for non fans of Batman...
    DC's offcial motto.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I would argue the current characterisation of sam itself proves those earlier stories are moot. There has been no mention of old stories connected to sam. If something was canon then they would show it, in form of dialogue or flashback. They haven't . So there is no confirmation. So, i can only judge rebirth stuff. From that, sam is earning trust the proper way.Even, Clark himself seemed to warm up to him. He didn't outstep his boundaries. He stood his ground on his beliefs and respectfully disagreed. Fought for what he believed to be the right thing. Even when his country refused to recognise or help him.
    Nope. Sorry, you can't just throw those stories out because they don't fit your argument. Like I said, Superman Reborn basically rejiggered Superman's timeline along Pre-FP grounds. So, I don't see anything that would suggest that those stories are not canon. Therefore, I can probably safely assume that they are. And as for why they're not referenced, well, let me ask you: how often are storylines from about a decade or more ago referenced in the current comics? I don't see Iron Man and Captain America referencing all the bad blood that existed between them during the Civil War, but I know it happened. I don't see Spider-Man comics referencing the Clone Saga, but I know it happened, even despite OMD changing Spider-Man's timeline. I don't see Green Lantern comics referencing Hal's time as Parallax, but again, I know that it happened.

    Sam Lane probably has targetted Superman in the past just like he did Pre-Flashpoint because that would even explain why Lois had to have that confrontation with him in Action #1007 in the first place.

    Many of the older stories are not canon. Where did you pull this 99% number? You do know secret origins itself is changed clark never met this legion, chris kent doesn't exist, cir el doesn't, new krypton didn't happen, grounded didn't happen... Etc tip of the iceberg. Only confirmed stories are president luthor with alterations, death of superman, electric blue .. Etc. Clark's parents are still dead. Reborn was a merger to remove and add things.
    His own volition means nothing. He is a kid. His decision are made by his parents or guardians. If not being able to contact your kid isn't an emergency, who is god knows where with a dubious person. I don't know what is.
    It's just a general approximation based on the current state of the books post-Reborn. But:

    1) we actually don't know if New Krypton or Grounded didn't happen,
    2) Chris Kent actually does exist in this timeline, but he's with Zod now and just goes by his Kryptonian name and he was with them in the Phantom Zone, which is actually where we last saw him before Flashpoint, and
    3) how do you know that Superman doesn't know this Legion? We haven't really seen anything and since they seem to have a fairly good memory of Pre-FP (like YJ and NTT), I'd say they actually might know him.

    You have been saying jor el =father/grandfather thing that is not a credible reason to trust a stranger. I have given my own example for why. I myself wouldn't give my son or heck! My nephew to my biological father or mother,until they give me a reason. And i haven't met a couple who would. It is defies my understanding, logic and common sense. Jor el isn't same star father,he was. he has spent entire life being brainwashed and tortured. He has lived a life on earth. He is basically broken and shady. Clark kent knows this.
    To most people, that does mean something. Anectdotal evidence doesn't mean anything. In other words, your example doesn't mean much. You wouldn't, but that doesn't mean that Lois and Clark wouldn't. You interpret things one way, but that doesn't mean that other people would see it the same way. And it also doesn't mean that anyone whoacts differently from you is acting out of character. What Clark knows is that his biological father came back into his life and despite everything that has transpired is attempting to guide and help his son.

    And also, let's not forget that Jor-El still is not being made out as the bad guy in this. You seem to be under the impression that Jor-El is the villain. Uh, Jor-EL is the one who is actually fighting the villains: you know, Rogol Zaar and Zod and those who hired them.

    Tell the authorities the truth. I already told grandfather crap doesn't mean anything.
    To you, it doesn't mean anything. As I've said a bunch already, your judgment is different than other peoples' judgment. If your son tells you he is going through an identity crisis and the only person who seems to understand him is his grandfather and then your wife tells you that he was flourishing up there under his grandfather's guidance, you're not really a bad father for thinking he doesn't need your help.

    They can fuck all they want.
    Why is them having sex an issue? Parents have sex when their kids go to visit their grandparents all the time. From their perspective, that's where Jon was, visiting with his grandfather.

    But, doing so when your kid is missing and trivialising it is shitty thing to do. And no i am not mischaracterising anyone.
    They are not trivializing anything and yes you are mischaracterizing it. They're not laughing at Jon's misfortune because, from their perspective, Jon isn't in a position that requires rescuing.

    My god that issue was terrible. I hated it with a passion.
    Well, a lot of people actually really liked it. It got great reviews.

    Jon had no significant growth then. So, i don't understand her logic
    She's talking about his maturity. She means that he started acting like a young man the minute they went up.

    She even called jor el creepy. So, leaving a kid with someone creepy is alright now ?
    You're really reading into what is essentially one word. Yeah, Jor-El is weirdly ominous. Does that mean he wasn't right about Jon needing to grow and find out who he was? No, it doesn't.

    We should just stop.
    Yes. Let's.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 07-22-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •