Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default man I feel bad for non fans of Batman...

Not a knock on Batman, the Robins or Batgirls. Love them all and enjoy reading them. But I also enjoy reading other heroes and sidekicks. How about Roy Harper? Well, he was killed in Heroes in Crisis. How about Speedy? Well, no Mia Dearden but we do have Emiko Queen as Red Arrow who looks Speedy-ish on the Teen Titans, so that's a plus. How about Green Arrow? Well, his new Rebirth title ended at issue 50, with no announcement whatsoever at a new series. How about Wally West? Wally went missing from 2011-16, had a black Wallace West replacement and now is being shoved aside for Barry, getting his family and loved ones taken away as well. The put in prison. Wow. His only hope rests on the Flash Forward mini series it seems. If you're a fan of Batman, the Robins and Batgirls, no need to worry they're there front and center. But it seems like for other heroes, the best options we got are to read the older stuff till they come back, which for some, might be a while. Kind of a shame. I think this ship will right itself it always does, but what a mess and lack of appreciation for legacy characters. Jeanette Kahn come back!

Extraordinary Member

Well, on the plus side at least, if you're a fan of Aquaman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, I'd say the current runs on those titles are very much worth reading.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-18-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Green Arrow's gone?! I didn't pay attention... the last time I saw was Roy's funeral.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Green Arrow's gone?! I didn't pay attention... the last time I saw was Roy's funeral.
    He is appearing in Event Leviathan, though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hey, atleast your favourite legacy character isn't aged up to oblivion and had everything relatable, fun and whimsical taken out of him with little chance of return.
    There is definitely going to be another green arrow title and roy will return soon as well. But mine could get chris kent-ed if this experiment doesn't work and without any chance of de-ageing him . He could get permanently erased. Jon is being sent to legion of superheroes, for god knows what reason.

As for wally, that is a different story the editorial and higher-ups seems to have become the enemy. Things are much more dire.
    Maybe legacy characters should all be sent to a different earth, With titles coming out. Editorial can keep their marvelized silverage world that is static.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Sucks for me because I gravitate towards the C list and D list characters who honestly get nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, on the plus side at least, if you're a fan of Aquaman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, I'd say the current runs on those titles are very much worth reading.
    Not for me - I have deeply disliked a lot of what Bendis has done with Superman (Lois' characterization a major part of that), and quit reading regularly shortly after Jon was aged up. It's not that there's been nothing good, but the bad far outstripped it for me.

Retired

It was the success of the Batman comics that killed my interest in them a long time ago. If you wanted to follow all the Bat titles, you had to make that your full time job and spend every penny just on them--leaving no time or money for anything else. It's like Batman became a DC imprint and it was competing against all the other imprints. So I was forced to give them up.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Sucks for me because I gravitate towards the C list and D list characters who honestly get nothing
    oof, I felt that metaphysically. small silver lining, a couple of my favs are varying degrees of tied to Batman so they get soooome satellite shine off him.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-19-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Not for me - I have deeply disliked a lot of what Bendis has done with Superman (Lois' characterization a major part of that), and quit reading regularly shortly after Jon was aged up. It's not that there's been nothing good, but the bad far outstripped it for me.
    Agree to disagree. Personally, I've found Bendis's run on Superman and Action to be some of the most interesting stuff to come out of either DC or Marvel. Plus, I think people are a little too quick to judge Lois without actually reading what's being written.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Agree to disagree. Personally, I've found Bendis's run on Superman and Action to be some of the most interesting stuff to come out of either DC or Marvel. Plus, I think people are a little too quick to judge Lois without actually reading what's being written.
    How? She left her son in space with an unstable stranger. She didn't tell clark about her return or gave solid reason for taking decisions regarding their son and leaving him alone.
    For me, superfamily has been no fun. They didn't have to ruin lois as strict mom to get that edgy noir reporter vibe thing going.

Astonishing Member

Agreed. His Action run is fantastic.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How? She left her son in space with an unstable stranger. She didn't tell clark about her return or gave solid reason for taking decisions regarding their son and leaving him alone.
    For me, superfamily has been no fun. They didn't have to ruin lois as strict mom to get that edgy noir reporter vibe thing going.
    She left her son with his grandfather because events proved to her at the time that she needed to give him the space to grow and that she was probably more of a liability than not. Plus, it's not like the current arc hasn't been dealing with Lois regretting that decision given subsequent developments. But she made a judgment call as a parent. Sometimes, people make the wrong call as parents. It kind of goes with the territory. I think we forget sometimes that these characters are supposed to be written as people too. Well, people make mistakes.

And yes she didn't tell Clark about her return, but she had her reasons and I for one thought those reasons were understandable. The need to re-examine who you are after having your existence be defined by your status as a wife and mother for so long is very understandable. It's not like she's being written as if she doesn't love Clark anymore. Quite the opposite. Every time they're together, it's evident how much they love each other.

Astonishing Member

She left her son with his grandfather because events proved to her at the time that she needed to give him the space to grow and that she was probably more of a liability than not. Plus, it's not like the current arc hasn't been dealing with Lois regretting that decision given subsequent developments. But she made a judgment call as a parent. Sometimes, people make the wrong call as parents. It kind of goes with the territory. I think we forget sometimes that these characters are supposed to be written as people too. Well, people make mistakes.

And yes she didn't tell Clark about her return, but she had her reasons and I for one thought those reasons were understandable. It's not like she's being written as if she doesn't love Clark anymore. Quite the opposite. Every time they're together, it's evident how much they love each other.
    I agree. Granted, while parenting is a learn as you go process, something tells me Lois is still a far more naturally skilled as a reporter than she is a parent. And that's not a criticism of Bendis as a writer, mind you. It's just consistent with who Lois is as a character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

And yes she didn't tell Clark about her return, but she had her reasons and I for one thought those reasons were understandable. The need to re-examine who you are after having your existence be defined by your status as a wife and mother for so long is very understandable. It's not like she's being written as if she doesn't love Clark anymore. Quite the opposite. Every time they're together, it's evident how much they love each other.
    So much to disagree with. With Bendis, Lois looks after her kid for a short time, believes a preteen is suddenly fine without family or friends, and ditches him right after. Without telling Clark. Even though they agreed as a couple on the arrangement.

Let's not forget Lois, up until Bendis took over, was a tiger mom. Fiercely protective of both Jon and Clark, even though both had super powers. But, meh. Let's just have her walk away from her grade school aged son and leave him in the care of a very dubious person (blood related or not). And Clark, despite having friends, trusted friends, in positions to look for Jon, never brought it up.

I'm with manwhohaseverything on this. The whole setup for Bendis' run is premised on the central characters being extremely out of character for it to even work. Hell, Jor-El could have kidnapped Jon and it would have worked better.