Default Kakashi Hatake (Naruto) vs Kisuke Urahara (Bleach)

The 6th Hokage takes on the former Captain of the 12th Division. Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Kakashi via dimension dump...?

Swiss army nerd

I really like this match up, both are good mentor figures and very sneaky.

I'm leaning towards Kisuke, I think he's got the speed and the oomf to put Kakashi down first, given how he was dodging Espada and subtituting in gigai, and also his speed/sleight of hand stuff with Aizen. And that's before his ridiculous Bankai. Good match up, though!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I really like this match up, both are good mentor figures and very sneaky.

I'm leaning towards Kisuke, I think he's got the speed and the oomf to put Kakashi down first, given how he was dodging Espada and subtituting in gigai, and also his speed/sleight of hand stuff with Aizen. And that's before his ridiculous Bankai. Good match up, though!
    The speed thing is... iffy.

The Bleach speed curve is actually really odd when you come down to it. For one thing it kind of just falls over once you get to the Sternritter arc. No one really gets anything that concrete in terms of speed during that arc.

There's people like Uliquiorra and... I guess Starrk who are presented in the previous arc as being monumentally quick, the former of them actually having feats but they then both get outpaced by Byakuya using the cicada technique specifically and kept up with by Shunsui who... I don't want to imagine how his speed relates to Urahara because I don't think they even share any combat partners much less have any moments of comparison.

The other thing is Bankai Ichigo apparently quasi reacting to Gin's fake Bankai which is, according to Gin, 500 times faster than mach. Ichigo, by the end of their fight is apparently able to block it with some regularity. The issue remains though that Ichigo apparently gets a hard power reset and then genuinely never really does anything to suggest that has surpassed that point in terms of speed.

It's actually kind of interesting how Bleach's final arc seems to switch from the more speed based DBZ-esq shonen battles in the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo arcs into a more Jojo's inspired gimmicks based battles.

Ultimately, the idea of Urahara's top speed is really quite difficult to figure out because his speed feats aren't actually that good.

On top of all of that, Kakashi is another person is a bit outside of the speed curve of the series. We have no real idea how he fights together with Naruto and Sasuke as top tiers, despite being present in their battle and he's actually kind of short on good speed feats.

I think the best thing he ever did was dimension dumping one of Deidara's bombs as it was exploding?

So yeah, speed is very tricky in this one.

Finally, a quick question for OP - what Kakashi is this? Technically current Kakashi has no sharingan as he lost it after the end of the main series. There was also a brief period in the final battle wherein he was throwing dimension warp shuriken and had access to Susanoo. Who are we bringing to the table here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

The Bleach speed curve is actually really odd when you come down to it. For one thing it kind of just falls over once you get to the Sternritter arc. No one really gets anything that concrete in terms of speed during that arc.

There's people like Uliquiorra and... I guess Starrk who are presented in the previous arc as being monumentally quick, the former of them actually having feats but they then both get outpaced by Byakuya using the cicada technique specifically and kept up with by Shunsui who... I don't want to imagine how his speed relates to Urahara because I don't think they even share any combat partners much less have any moments of comparison.

The other thing is Bankai Ichigo apparently quasi reacting to Gin's fake Bankai which is, according to Gin, 500 times faster than mach. Ichigo, by the end of their fight is apparently able to block it with some regularity. The issue remains though that Ichigo apparently gets a hard power reset and then genuinely never really does anything to suggest that has surpassed that point in terms of speed.

It's actually kind of interesting how Bleach's final arc seems to switch from the more speed based DBZ-esq shonen battles in the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo arcs into a more Jojo's inspired gimmicks based battles.

Ultimately, the idea of Urahara's top speed is really quite difficult to figure out because his speed feats aren't actually that good.

On top of all of that, Kakashi is another person is a bit outside of the speed curve of the series. We have no real idea how he fights together with Naruto and Sasuke as top tiers, despite being present in their battle and he's actually kind of short on good speed feats.

I think the best thing he ever did was dimension dumping one of Deidara's bombs as it was exploding?

Finally, a quick question for OP - what Kakashi is this? Technically current Kakashi has no sharingan as he lost it after the end of the main series. There was also a brief period in the final battle wherein he was throwing dimension warp shuriken and had access to Susanoo. Who are we bringing to the table here?
    Let's go with Kakashi with his regular sharingan eye
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-19-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

It's been awhile since I read Bleach but wasn't Gin lying about his bankai and it was actually disintegrating and reintegrating (I think that's what it's called?)

Also note lying about what his bankai does quite possibly makes Gin the smartest man in anime.