Dan Didio says they are working on a DC Universe timeline to fit everything on there to be a basis for all characters. So they can have a Who’s who? again and have less confusion on the universe.
source: https://www.reddit.com/live/13b2tdrfoqye7/

DC editorial is currently working on an official timeline of the DC Universe "so that we have a better understanding of how are characters interconnect and fall in their relationships with each other," said DiDio.
source:https://www.newsarama.com/46028-sdcc...dan-didio.html

"The failing of the New 52 was that we didn't take the time to figure this stuff out."- Dan Didio

No s@#$! People could've told you this the day the New 52 launched!

I still have no faith in this because the same people who effed it up are still the same people behind it. If they are truly making one timeline then DC needs to put their foot down and make a mandated Secret Origins book that writers and editors must follow and reference. Too many characters still don't have concrete origins and it's been 8 years since the reboot. If they are truly going to make a cohesive timeline they need to sort out character origins and team origins first. Yes, ALL OF THEM!

What are the Green Lanterns of Earth origins? Hal, Jessica and Simon may have theirs but the rest don't. They just have hints or speculated guesses. Did old events actually happen like Emerald Twilight which launched Kyle or Hal retiring which put John and Guy on board? Did Mosaic happen? We know Katma and John's romance existed (I think) but to what capacity?

Did the 80s Suicide Squad happen?

The New 52 JLI makes no sense since the JL was just formed and they apparently knew each other already

How can Cyborg be a founding member if NTT happened? Did NTT happen? So much hints drop that it did and If so, Donna in Finch's run makes no sense.

I don't even want to think about how the JSA fits in this. From Doomsday Clock it seems that New 52 is still its own reality/Earth I guess but...idk.

I may be overthinking this but I hate not knowing what my favorite characters origins are and where they fit in the DCU. DC has their work cut out for them and this is a mess they created. I'm curious how they're going to fix it.