Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

"The failing of the New 52 was that we didn't take the time to figure this stuff out."- Dan Didio
    I've just sat down from a marathon four straight days of *continuing* the mammoth task of sorting out my dad's many decades of paper hoarding and decided to click on this site after checking the weather forecast.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the much needed laughing fit. Comedy is the best medicine.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

About 8 years too late.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Is this like those internet memes about what color the dress is or what color the sneakers are?
    Part of it also may involve how well the coloring holds up on comic book stories from about 35 years ago . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let it also be said that Didio himself once presided over an era of DC where "story over continuity" was emphasized.

They even made a meme out of it.
    What a fine era that turned out to be.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, I've been noticing them for a while.

Considering how many things aren't done correctly in comic book stories I've read, I really have to question what these people do that counts as "editing".
    They edit whole stories to fit their vision instead of the writer's and shove in mandates that mess everything up. That's "editing" right???

Ultimate Member

No, I've been noticing them for a while.

Considering how many things aren't done correctly in comic book stories I've read, I really have to question what these people do that counts as "editing".
    If they were competent, and wanted to, they could keep much better control of their continuity. I mean, that is a big part of why you have editors.
    Doing the book how the editor wants it. See Cyborg & Static Shock.

See Duke Thomas and his multiple origins.

See Titans where Supergirl's boyfriend somehow regrows his dreads, leaves his job, leaves school and gets hit on by Natasha Iron-who is suppose to have a girlfriend.

Not to mention books where the art does not make sense-see Birds of Prey where bathtubs are made against doors and Doomed kid went from looking like a mixed kid to a black kid to looking like Mr Spock's kid in less than 7 months.

The stuff they need to be called out on they are not because a certain group ignores DC errors while going after that OTHER company.

It was how editorial handled the actual production of the New 52, especially as time went on. A lot of book and properties had good starts, or showed promise, or seemed to be mostly okay save for one or two things. The Superman editorial office, for instance, seems to have largely collapsed as a safe place to work and ran off just about every non-Morrison writer, with some of those fallen creators having issues released after they were fired that showed their potential as long term writers almost as though just to tease the audience.
    You can't mention New 52 editing and NOT bring up the poster child for it Static Shock. Folks blew it off when the editor and artist ran off the writer and blamed fans for not supporting a messed up book.

Funny how that book foretasted wht was going to happen later on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I agree, SP. I'll take pre-COIE continuity over DCU or New 52 continuity any day of the week. DC was easily at its most anal retentive about it during the Bronze Age.
    In the Bronze age they made quite a good job to keep continuity straight and to coordinate their diffrent books.

Post crisis made did it also quite well (at least in the Batman books, I'm not so familiar with the rest) untill 2000s. After that it became quite messy.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    The 3 guarantees in life... Taxes, death... and when DC say they’re going ‘fix’ something, what they’ll actually do is make things worse!
    HA! That's the funniest thing I've seen this week

The problem with DC is like a monkey at the zoo... they just keeping throwing stuff and hope it sticks

Everything happened.

Pretty easy for me to keep track of (puts on glasses, looks at notes) “continuity”.

How about having everything be a bad dream due too Donna Troy having to relive these different lives from different era's I believe there was a time they were going to make her the new Harbinger before Infinite Crisis happened.

DC is fixing the timeline.

So I should expect to see a lot of the recent stuff in the dollar bin(Make room Nu52). Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    DC is fixing the timeline.

So I should expect to see a lot of the recent stuff in the dollar bin (Make room Nu52). Good to know.
    Well, "good to know" depends on whether you were still planning to buy / read any of it or not . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    The problem with DC is like a monkey at the zoo... they just keeping throwing stuff and hope it sticks

If anyone could figure out DC's messy continuity, it's Bobo .

Well, "good to know" depends on whether you were still planning to buy / read any of it or not . . .
    There will be something that will pique my interest eventually.