Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. I don't have much of a problem with characters not ageing or characters aging slower than the time progresses in universe, but what really annoys me is when characters age a different rates.

Stuff like Damian going from beeing suddenly 3 years younger than Tim instead of 6-7 years younger, James Gorden Jr., who should be roughly 12-13 younger than Barbara), suddenly being almost her age.
    I tend to agree. Don't get wrong, I enjoyed characters growing up. Doing so slowly is fantastic. But not doing so at all, and just remaining static is still acceptable. But aging at different rates is just screwing with continuity. Especially when the characters interact a lot. Now yesterday's stories and today's stories don't make sense if you read them both. I sort of tolerate if back in the old stoires (Supergirl aging much faster than Robin and Speedy, etc.), because they are old, and I don't expect continuity out of them. But from the '70s on, it's irritating.

And don't get me started on de-aging them. I'm not just talking about reboots there, either, but just general stories. Gar, Raven, Dick, Kara, Vanessa Kapatelis, etc. - it's hit a lot of them from time to time.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-03-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So from DC latest issue it seems that DC is really going full force with this. I'm honestly excited how they're going to pull this off. 5G also has my interest because it's going to be within the timeline DC sets up.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I would REALLY love a new Who's Who.
    Let's get it sorted out once and for all. No more ambiguity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    6. How did Donna Troy's origin occur (as seen in nu52 and reinforced post Rebirth in Titans) if Diana had never been able to return to the island?
    She continues to have an impossible origin that was almost immediately eradicated as soon as it was told.
    This is late, but I want to answer anyway.

In New 52 Donna was created by Hecate on Themyscira as a weapon
    In Rebirth Diana said Donna was created on Themyscira as a weapon but was rescued and raised as a sister
    This to me implies that rather than appearing and redeeming as an adult woman, she was born a baby and immediately rescued. Diana should only be a few years older at this point and hasn't left the Island. Even if she's a decade older, Diana was 18 when she left and so Donna was only 8.
    So this means Donna continues to be raised on the Island until she's a teenager, around 16 if we go by Dick's age in Titans Hunt, before leaving the Island.
    Both Donna and Diana never came back to the Island until it was revealed as a Lie. Every time they came back, they saw the Lie.

BANNED

Interested in 4G aka Earth 0.

Incredible Member

Ok so we have a Earth 1, 2, 1985, and 52. What is Rebirth's Earth? Because it was Earth 52, then it merged with 1985 Earth now 1985 and 52 split apart, so what is Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Ok so we have a Earth 1, 2, 1985, and 52. What is Rebirth's Earth? Because it was Earth 52, then it merged with 1985 Earth now 1985 and 52 split apart, so what is Rebirth?
    Right now Rebirth is Earth-0. It will only have a name once continuity change again. Once that happens, Rebirth will be preserved in another Earth with a new name, while the next continuity is still set on Earth-0.

Every continuity was set in Earth-0 at first. Once continuity change, the old one is preserved in a different Earth. That is what Earth 1, 2, 1985, and 52 are. Storages for old continuities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Right now Rebirth is Earth-0. It will only have a name once continuity change again. Once that happens, Rebirth will be preserved in another Earth with a new name, while the next continuity is still set on Earth-0.

Every continuity was set in Earth-0 at first. Once continuity change, the old one is preserved in a different Earth. That is what Earth 1, 2, 1985, and 52 are. Storages for old continuities.
    So did 52 superman and 1985 superman split from Rebirth Superman therefore making him 1/3rd the Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    So did 52 superman and 1985 superman split from Rebirth Superman therefore making him 1/3rd the Superman?
    lol no, if that's the case, then the newer Superman will be only 1/5 or more of the original Superman from 1938. Think of it more like a copy-pasted file that you edit later so they're different.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-22-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Okay. We know we have Earths 1, 2, 1985 and 52.

What other Earths could we have? What other eras of Superman were preserved?

BANNED

Those are the ones mentioned.

Anyway a new Superman in 2026.

Spectacular Member

So what happened to the ‘stolen 10 years’ aspect of Manhattan’s tinkering? Did moving the lantern create a butterfly affect which automatically led to those 10 ‘stolen’ years? The missing years seemed far more of a focus for the origin of the New-52 (when initially presented in Rebirth).

Also, DDC doesn’t (unless I’m missing it) affirm that Manhattan (in addition to altering the timeline) caused both Superman and Lois to ‘split’ in two. This had retconned the Convergence pre-Flashpoint Superman as having always been the New- 52 Superman, just having been divided in two at some point in the past. IIRC, this was to clarify that the New-52 reality WAS the pre-Flashpoint reality, albeit altered as result of the ‘tinkering’. Surely the said-splitting did not occur as result of Manhattan having moved the lantern?

I like the Meta-reveal including the revelation of Earth-1985 though if Earth-1985 was copied from Earth-One right before it ceased to exist in Crisis 10, Supergirl and Flash are already dead. I like how the ‘copied’ earth concept ties back to Infinite Crisis in a number of ways ; Earth-Two Lois’ observation (just before she dies) that she sees the bigger picture, the anomaly of the resurrected Earth-Two which was unpopulated, the ‘Earth-Two’ (which had a Jay Garrick) on which Bart Allen spent 4 years during IC before returning as an adult, Alexander Luthor’s ‘everything comes from Superman’ comment, Earth-Two Wonder Woman being pulled ‘somewhere’. It all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

What other Earths could we have? What other eras of Superman were preserved?
    The goal of the Metaverse in-story is to preserve every iteration of Superman as he's the backbone of DCU, but I'm not sure if it's limited to the context of Crisis or not.

So I don't know if... say... Earth-Birthright and Earth-American Alien count.

Earth-Byrne should exist though since he's different from New 52 and Pre-Crisis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    So what happened to the ‘stolen 10 years’ aspect of Manhattan’s tinkering? Did moving the lantern create a butterfly affect which automatically led to those 10 ‘stolen’ years? The missing years seemed far more of a focus for the origin of the New-52 (when initially presented in Rebirth).

Also, DDC doesn’t (unless I’m missing it) affirm that Manhattan (in addition to altering the timeline) caused both Superman and Lois to ‘split’ in two. This had retconned the Convergence pre-Flashpoint Superman as having always been the New- 52 Superman, just having been divided in two at some point in the past. IIRC, this was to clarify that the New-52 reality WAS the pre-Flashpoint reality, albeit altered as result of the ‘tinkering’. Surely the said-splitting did not occur as result of Manhattan having moved the lantern?

I like the Meta-reveal including the revelation of Earth-1985 though if Earth-1985 was copied from Earth-One right before it ceased to exist in Crisis 10, Supergirl and Flash are already dead. I like how the ‘copied’ earth concept ties back to Infinite Crisis in a number of ways ; Earth-Two Lois’ observation (just before she dies) that she sees the bigger picture, the anomaly of the resurrected Earth-Two which was unpopulated, the ‘Earth-Two’ (which had a Jay Garrick) on which Bart Allen spent 4 years during IC before returning as an adult, Alexander Luthor’s ‘everything comes from Superman’ comment, Earth-Two Wonder Woman being pulled ‘somewhere’. It all fits.
    Supergirl and Barry are alive.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    It's actually Earth-N52 according to Crisis of Infinite Earths Giant #1 - which destroyed it!

They don't always use numbers. Wasn't Captain Marvel from Earth-S originally, before the Fawcett characters got absorbed into the DC Universe? So maybe Rebirth would be Earth-R.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman