Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Realtime as in ages. They age like us with few exceptions. Superman is 60.

It all makes sense.
    Of course, this means that both Teen Titans and Young Justice as we know them are done, as some of the kids will be instantly aged up by a number of years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yep. That's my single biggest problem with the timeline as we saw it when it was leaked: Tim Drake became Robin in something like G3Y4 at the tender age of 14 or so; G3 lasted, what, 15 years according to that chart? Meaning that when G4 began, Tim was in his mid-20s. G4 is supposedly in its fifth year right now, meaning that Tim should be somewhere around 30 years old. No. Just, no. He doesn't need to be perpetually 16; I'm fine with him aging, and could get behind his current age being as much as 21; but not 30.

If they're going to keep historical events in roughly chronological order, then G2 and G3 each have to be closer to five years long each; and G4 needs to be more like one or two years in length so far.

Of course, that doesn't leave room for Jonathan Kent; not if we try to keep the Superman Reborn notion that he was conceived a year or more after Doomsday and grew up with no time travel shenanigans. On the other hand, that's easily fixed: there's nothing wrong with time travel shenanigans. Just say that at some point after their marriage, Lois and Clark were thrown back in time by a decade. Jonathan was conceived and then born, and the Kents did the Superman: Lois and Clark thing and waited out the decade in secret while raising their son and waiting to catch up with the moment they were sent to the past. They then stepped right back into their old lives exactly where they left off, and immediately “adopted” Jon.

Do that, and Jon's age (prior to what Bendis did to him) is no longer a problem. And you can fit everything from Superman's debut to the present into roughly a dozen years or so.

Of course, if you try to keep the notion that Superman's debut was somewhere around 1956, that would put the present day somewhere around 1968 or so. But I've got a solution for that, too: say that Superman debuted “X years ago”: that is, use a floating timeline for everything from Superman's debut to the present day.

This, in turn, causes one other problem: the JSA. Either they debuted “X+16 years ago”, and aren't tied to WWII anymore; or their origins are still rooted in WWII and the gap between then and now is fast approaching a century. I'd go with the latter approach, with one twist: insert some sort of time skip into their timeline, right around 1951 or so. Something draws most of the Golden Age heroes and their families together into one location (maybe borrow the majority of the plot of Robinson's “the Golden Age” for this); and then something happens that causes that location to become unstuck in time, trapping the whole city in the timestream. To the world they left, the city suddenly and mysteriously vanishes, taking the bulk of the Golden Age heroes with them. Skip forward to the early years of the modern era, and reimagine “The Flash of Two Worlds” as Barry Allen finding the lost city (where time has passed more slowly, something like 15 or 20 years), and “Crisis on Earth-1&2” as the Justice League rallying together to rescue it.

The reason for 15–20 years lost in the timestream is that it ages up the JSA enough for it to make sense that they've got grown-up kids by the start of the post-Crisis period.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course, this means that both Teen Titans and Young Justice as we know them are done, as some of the kids will be instantly aged up by a number of years.
    Sounds good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Yep. That's my single biggest problem with the timeline as we saw it when it was leaked: Tim Drake became Robin in something like G3Y4 at the tender age of 14 or so; G3 lasted, what, 15 years according to that chart? Meaning that when G4 began, Tim was in his mid-20s. G4 is supposedly in its fifth year right now, meaning that Tim should be somewhere around 30 years old. No. Just, no. He doesn't need to be perpetually 16; I'm fine with him aging, and could get behind his current age being as much as 21; but not 30.

If they're going to keep historical events in roughly chronological order, then G2 and G3 each have to be closer to five years long each; and G4 needs to be more like one or two years in length so far.

Of course, that doesn't leave room for Jonathan Kent; not if we try to keep the Superman Reborn notion that he was conceived a year or more after Doomsday and grew up with no time travel shenanigans. On the other hand, that's easily fixed: there's nothing wrong with time travel shenanigans. Just say that at some point after their marriage, Lois and Clark were thrown back in time by a decade. Jonathan was conceived and then born, and the Kents did the Superman: Lois and Clark thing and waited out the decade in secret while raising their son and waiting to catch up with the moment they were sent to the past. They then stepped right back into their old lives exactly where they left off, and immediately “adopted” Jon.

Do that, and Jon's age (prior to what Bendis did to him) is no longer a problem. And you can fit everything from Superman's debut to the present into roughly a dozen years or so.

Of course, if you try to keep the notion that Superman's debut was somewhere around 1956, that would put the present day somewhere around 1968 or so. But I've got a solution for that, too: say that Superman debuted “X years ago”: that is, use a floating timeline for everything from Superman's debut to the present day.

This, in turn, causes one other problem: the JSA. Either they debuted “X+16 years ago”, and aren't tied to WWII anymore; or their origins are still rooted in WWII and the gap between then and now is fast approaching a century. I'd go with the latter approach, with one twist: insert some sort of time skip into their timeline, right around 1951 or so. Something draws most of the Golden Age heroes and their families together into one location (maybe borrow the majority of the plot of Robinson's “the Golden Age” for this); and then something happens that causes that location to become unstuck in time, trapping the whole city in the timestream. To the world they left, the city suddenly and mysteriously vanishes, taking the bulk of the Golden Age heroes with them. Skip forward to the early years of the modern era, and reimagine “The Flash of Two Worlds” as Barry Allen finding the lost city (where time has passed more slowly, something like 15 or 20 years), and “Crisis on Earth-1&2” as the Justice League rallying together to rescue it.

The reason for 15–20 years lost in the timestream is that it ages up the JSA enough for it to make sense that they've got grown-up kids by the start of the post-Crisis period.
    I really really hope that especially Conner,Tim,Bart and Cassie will be aged up.

My biggest questions:

1.) Which roles will Bart,Tim and especially Conner take?
    I mean like I understood the plans there are only 2 Superman Versions: Clark and Jonathan...
    I really DONT!! hope that the plan is that Conner is still SuperBOY when is older than 20....

2.) I really DONT hope that they will split teams to create a new JL...
    I mean it was said that Cassie could be the new Wonder Woman....
    I am ok with it in general, BUT that means that she will probably leave Conner,Bart and Tim behind...

3.) How will they explain Conner/Jonathan?
    I mean if everything happened Conner is for sure more popular etc. than Jonathan...
    How will they explain the change (Conner Superboy/Jonathan Superboy)?
    Why does Jonathan becomes SuperMAN and not Conner?
    I hope that Conner refuses to become SuperMAN and take a new Code-Name and it doesnt involve something like:
    Jonathan is more mature, more powerful and he gets SuperMAN....

4.) I am really concerned about the power-levels:
    Wallace West-Bart Allen
    Jonathan Kent-Conner Kent

5.) If Clark is really 60 this means that Jonathan and Martha Kent are pretty sure dead...

6.) I am wondering how they will look like...
    Bart,Tim,Conner,Cassie...will look like the Titans of Tomorrow Versions...

BANNED

New code names.

Tim will be DRAKE.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

But DC doesn't actually want "X" as a date. They seem to want real dates. Already in their current books they're calling Clark the Superman of the 20th century, and Jon the Superman of the 21st century. As their timeline is currently set up, that works. Clark's been Superman since 1963, and it's now 1997 as of the last date of Gen 4. Then 3 years later Jon would be 20 or 21, thus putting him at about the same age that most of the other heroes started their adult personas, and also making it the 21st century.

As they've presented it, it works out for what they want.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wouldn't be too cornced about the timeline presented at NYCC as they have said they were still ironing out details and that was a earlier version.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm aware, but it's what we have to go on so far, and I have to image that it'll look at least something like it because we're already seeing clues on it in the actual books being published today.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Earth 1985 is basically a version of Pre-COIE Earth 1...preserved after Earth 1 morphed into Post-COIE Earth 0.

There are probably many variations of Earth 2 'out there' in the Multiverse and the Metaverse, but I believe that the original Earth 2 that we saw all through the Silver Age/Bronze Age is gone, and now exists as part of the merged Earth 0.

In terms of the mainstream earths and the Supermen we are confirmed to have now, we have...

Silver/Bronze Age Superman 'preserved' on Earth 1985 after COIE.

New 52 Superman 'preserved' on Earth 52 after Rebirth and DDC.

Post-Reborn Superman who's the current Superman, existing on Earth 0.

Other potential versions of Superman who could exist include...

Golden Age Superman 'preserved' on some version of Earth 2. But this would not be the Kal-L who died in IC.

Post-COIE Superman 'preserved' on some version of Post-COIE Earth (Earth 86?) after the Birthright retcon or IC.

And of course, the Supermen in various Elseworlds and Black Label stories are all anyway out there somewhere.
    We also have Prime.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But DC doesn't actually want "X" as a date. They seem to want real dates. Already in their current books they're calling Clark the Superman of the 20th century, and Jon the Superman of the 21st century. As their timeline is currently set up, that works. Clark's been Superman since 1963, and it's now 1997 as of the last date of Gen 4. Then 3 years later Jon would be 20 or 21, thus putting him at about the same age that most of the other heroes started their adult personas, and also making it the 21st century.

As they've presented it, it works out for what they want.
    Egad! My head!

Unless DC wants to age their characters Gasoline Alley-style (which they never will do), anchoring them to actual years is nonsensical.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Egad! My head!

Unless DC wants to age their characters Gasoline Alley-style (which they never will do), anchoring them to actual years is nonsensical.
    Exactly. I don't see their new timeline working out as well as they're hoping, primarily for the sorts of reasons that I addressed in my earlier post.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

It will only last 5 years before the next reboot. They could always just deage the characters before that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Sounds good.
    Is Bendis Young Justice really that bad?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Is Bendis Young Justice really that bad?
    I've enjoyed Bendis's YJ. Its the best thing he's written in years and the cast isn't unlikable/ actively screwing each other over/ doing sketchy stuff(current Teen Titans).