DarethW

Default How fast is Raven?

Hey fellow DC fans! Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section or my grammar and spelling sucks .
    I tried Google'ing this but I never could got a concrete answer to this anywhere.
    So I thought I'd ask it myself here!
    First! Here is what I could figure out by myself, just tell me if I'm close or completely off.

How fast is Raven?
    So I know she can teleport to different dimensions. But I don't really think you'd be able to calculate that in any form of speed. Here's my reason and example why: Lets say Azarath could be right there around earth, just on a different plane. So Raven would simply just be sliding over to the plane, almost something like a wormhole if you know how that works.
    She could be just walking towards Azarath and reach it under 5 seconds. I'd say teleporting to different dimensions is out of the question.
    More like from Point A to Point B on the same dimension plane, and lets say there is no terminal velocity like shes flying through space or something.
    And I know the speed of anything is different in space, but this is just for funnsies so don't get too scientific up here.

My Theory
    The smallest amount of information I found was that she moved roughly around the speed of sound from what I could find.
    So that shouldn't be too hard to figure out, we know the speed of sound is 340.29 m / s which in turn is 761,185 mph (1,225,008 kmph).
    ------
    (60(340.29 · 60)) = 1,225,008
    1,225,008 · 0.62 = 761,185

------
    I'm just gonna round that up approximately and say she can travel up to 760, 000 mph.
    Well that sounds about right to me (see what I did there?! It was lame? okay no more jokes ).

Can someone confirm this? I'm not a complete expert on the comics or either her, but I was just damn really curious to find out her rough maximum speed if she wished to reach it.
    Please comment your own theories!
    Last edited by DarethW; 08-03-2014 at 09:14 AM.

BANNED

I think she moves with the speed of thought instead of sound. First there's unconscious thought, then there's conscious thought, then there is vibration. Vibration creates sound and sound creates matter. IMO. I would think that Raven has inborn knowledge-kind of similar to Socrates dialogue with Meno's slave. Socrates responds to this sophistical paradox with a mythos (poetic story) according to which souls are immortal and have learned everything prior to transmigrating into the human body. Since the soul has had contact with real things prior to birth, we have only to 'recollect' them when alive. from Wikipedia.