Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Brandon Routh’s Superman to return in COIE

Hell yeah! Always felt like Routh got shafted, he had a really good Superman performance in him. Hope he gets to shine!

I'm super-excited to see Routh get another shot at Supes. All those Superman gags finally bore fruit .

I like Brandon Routh, but I always thought he’d make a better Shazam than Superman or Atom. Not that I don’t enjoy him in Legends, but my understanding is that Arrowverse Ray isn’t very similar to comic Ray since he was supposed to be Ted Kord.

Astonishing Member

Routh had to work with an underwhelming movie from Singer. He had a good performance but the lack of action was appalling. Singer was a detriment to the Superman franchise.

The Superman Returns plane scene is seriously one of my favorite Superman scenes. Such a great action sequence. The rest of the movie is definitely flawed and underwhelming. But Routh was a great Superman/Clark Kent and he's done such an awesome job as Atom on LoT. Very excited for him to suit back up as Superman.

I wonder if they'll get a Lois to go along with him here. Durrance is already in the CW pool with her role on Supergirl last season. She'd actually make pretty great Lois to go along with Routh's Superman. The odds of Welling suiting up are probably slim to none, so it'd let them incorporate nods to Smallville and Superman Returns.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

In the few times that I've actually watched Superman Returns it always felt to me like the sum total of Singer's on-set instructions and direction to Routh amounted to 'Do your best Christopher Reeve impression'. That was it.

I was very happy to see Routh given a second chance with DC and he's turned in a far better performance as Ray Palmer. Glad to see him put on the red cape again.