Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Glad he has the chance to play Superman again.

------------------------

"Routh is playing KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN according to insiders with knowledge!"

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...63041855238145

WTH?!?
    Oh S***! I am super excited now, I really hope he’s in the Kingdom Come suit. Wonder if they’ll have him dye his sides gray?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh S***! I am super excited now, I really hope he’s in the Kingdom Come suit. Wonder if they’ll have him dye his sides gray?
    It wouldn't be KC Supes without his distinctive suit and gray sides.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Not that it'd be worth losing Hoechlin and the potential for him getting a show by a long shot, BUT if the constant theorizing that he'll die in Crisis pans out it'd be dope if Routh as Superman stuck around as an occasional senior figure/leader for the shared universe. He'd be off in his own corner so there'd be less worry of him 'outshining' anyone - especially Kara - the way they're clearly worried about, and less questions about why he doesn't show up. But as an isolated figure in the multiverse thoroughly apart from the regular proceedings, it might reinforce his status more than Hoechlin is able to get as a 'regular' Superman from not even the 'main' universe as the primal figure of this entire narrative cosmos. Much prefer if Routh heroically sacrifices himself alongside Shipp's Flash or something to save reality if one's gotta go though (and I feel like that's incredibly likely so they can kill off a Flash and somebody with an s-shield with history attached to them for this while sparing Flash and Supergirl). Or better yet he lives and is a recurring guest star on the Hoechlin Superman show that I demand spins out of this.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of wonder if they aren't setting him up to be an E-2 Superman type figure. He's older than "mainstream" Supes and since Routh already has a role in Arrowverse, he's sacrificial. He can be the one to deliver the "killing" blow like in the book. I doubt he'll be returning after this. I'm more curious who Welling is playing.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I kind of wonder if they aren't setting him up to be an E-2 Superman type figure. He's older than "mainstream" Supes and since Routh already has a role in Arrowverse, he's sacrificial. He can be the one to deliver the "killing" blow like in the book. I doubt he'll be returning after this. I'm more curious who Welling is playing.
    Routh is actually younger than Tom Welling (39 vs 41) so it'd be funny for him to play the "old" Superman to Welling and Hoechlin (who's 31). I think the Earth 2 part is probably where this is going. That also would explain the Kingdom Come rumor as plenty of people would be see a gray templed version and assume it was that as it's the more prominent than the Earth 2 Superman from Crisis.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Good for him. Returns didn't give him a lot to work with and he deserves another shot.

Mighty Member

In an interview at Comic Con, Routh said the Superman in the crossover is very much in the spirit of the character he played before, so I doubt the Kingdom Come thing is accurate.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This...this was unexpected!

I always felt poor Brandon got the short end of the Superman Returns stick. I'm very happy to see him get another shot. Basically they should go all in on the idea of Routh playing basically the Superman from the Reeve era movies. Not the Returns variation with little Jason White. Just have him be "classic" Superman. The seasoned veteran who fought Lex/Zod/the evil computer and nuclear man in the 70s and 80s. Give him grey temples to make him the "elder statesman" Man of Steel.

I'm sort of hoping Dean Cain and Welling get in on the Clark/Superman action here. Have Welling show up as the blur if you can't convince him to be Superman. Have Dean alongside Teri Hatcher as Lois. Go all out.

Hell I wouldn't be opposed to a cgi cameo by Adam West Batman and George Reeves Superman in a gigantic crowd scene of a hero gathering.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    This...this was unexpected!

I always felt poor Brandon got the short end of the Superman Returns stick. I'm very happy to see him get another shot. Basically they should go all in on the idea of Routh playing basically the Superman from the Reeve era movies. Not the Returns variation with little Jason White. Just have him be "classic" Superman. The seasoned veteran who fought Lex/Zod/the evil computer and nuclear man in the 70s and 80s. Give him grey temples to make him the "elder statesman" Man of Steel.

I'm sort of hoping Dean Cain and Welling get in on the Clark/Superman action here. Have Welling show up as the blur if you can't convince him to be Superman. Have Dean alongside Teri Hatcher as Lois. Go all out.

Hell I wouldn't be opposed to a cgi cameo by Adam West Batman and George Reeves Superman in a gigantic crowd scene of a hero gathering.
    Agreed on Routh, this is very cool! It just made the crossover even more anticipated.

I'd like to see Cain as the "Kingdom Come-esque" Superman...he's the oldest, he's thicker in the midsection like Alex Ross always draws him, and he'd look great with the grey snd the Red/Black S (and, obviously, Teri Hatcher in tow!).

They established in the Smallville comic that Clark changed his suit after a few months, so maybe by now he's changed it again (if he doesn't want to wear the suit). Lots of ways to get his Superman in there without the suit. And Rosenbaum would be as exciting as getting Routh back!

Either way, regardless, Routh playing Superman again in this is plenty awesome even if they don't use the other guys...but here's hoping!

Btw....what's Gerard Christopher doing these days?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I’m pretty sure Kevin Spacey won’t be back as Lex Luthor....

But I could be WRONG!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I’m pretty sure Kevin Spacey won’t be back as Lex Luthor....

But I could be WRONG!
    It all depends, man. If there's land to be had, he & Hackman will both come sniffin' around.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Here's hoping he'll be given better material and a better looking suit with a bigger S shield than the on he got in SR.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Here's hoping he'll be given better material and a better looking suit with a bigger S shield than the on he got in SR.
    I think it’s been confirmed that he’ll be getting a new suit.

Oh lovely, another Superman to get upstaged by Super-Kara and sing her endless praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    In an interview at Comic Con, Routh said the Superman in the crossover is very much in the spirit of the character he played before, so I doubt the Kingdom Come thing is accurate.
    Oh, so the same stalker-ish, mopey, creepy Superman that we got in Returns?

Yeah, Routh seems like a nice bloke who really got shafted during his career, even on CW, but I'll pass if that's the case.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Routh is actually younger than Tom Welling (39 vs 41) so it'd be funny for him to play the "old" Superman to Welling and Hoechlin (who's 31). I think the Earth 2 part is probably where this is going. That also would explain the Kingdom Come rumor as plenty of people would be see a gray templed version and assume it was that as it's the more prominent than the Earth 2 Superman from Crisis.
    I suspect you are correct and he is actually going to be playing an older Superman that embodies the role that the Golden Age Superman played in the crisis and it’s follow up stories.

This would likely put him in contrast with the younger Superman who is on the brink of a new life with his wife and son. As much as I don’t like it and think it’s an overused plot point, I fully expect the older Superman to be a widower.