Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman by Alex Ross:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y-by6lUbG/
    He looks sort of like George Clooney.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Ha! Routh literally just posted a photo of him in the gym because he wants to bulk up enough to be worthy of the suit. He clearly does not take this role lightly. Given that this will be his swan song as the character, I hope his appearance in Crisis is worthy of him.
    I just saw it. Doubt he'll look really big like comicbook Superman, but hope he doesn't look too skinny..

Retired

The irony is, to look bigger, Brandon Routh would have to be shorter. He's one of the tallest actors to play Superman, so to build up that body to an impressive size means packing on a lot more weight than someone like Dean Cain--who would probably make a better older Superman, since he is older and heavier now. I doubt that Cain will appear because he's politically to the right of most CW shows. Brandon Routh said that he'll be in the gym working out to build up his muscles--and Dominic Purcell joked he'd wear a muscle suit--but because of proportionality on TV, it might not appear he's as big as he truly is.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The irony is, to look bigger, Brandon Routh would have to be shorter. He's one of the tallest actors to play Superman, so to build up that body to an impressive size means packing on a lot more weight than someone like Dean Cain--who would probably make a better older Superman, since he is older and heavier now. I doubt that Cain will appear because he's politically to the right of most CW shows. Brandon Routh said that he'll be in the gym working out to build up his muscles--and Dominic Purcell joked he'd wear a muscle suit--but because of proportionality on TV, it might not appear he's as big as he truly is.
    I might disagree with Cain politically on some things,but it's a shame he's disappeared from the Supergirl show. They dropped his storyline completely it seems and it's probably because of his beliefs. It's a shame because he and Teri Hatcher should totally show up in Crisis as the Lois Lane and Clark Kent of Earth-93.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looks like Black Lightning is participating this time around too!

https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infini...pear-in-event/
    Assassinate Putin!

Holy ****, Conroy as Batman in live action! We might have Kingdom Come Supes meet Batman Beyond! I’m honestly more exited for this crossover than I have been for any dc movie since at least the dark knight rises.

Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Note to CW: You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Check out the air dates:

SUPERGIRL - December 8
    ‘BATWOMAN’ - December 9
    ‘THE FLASH’ - December 10
    ‘ARROW’ - January 14
    ‘LEGENDS OF TOMORROW’ - January 14

I’m thinking Flash ends on a cliffhanger when the worlds combine, then Arrow and Legends pick up after similar to how the mini went down for the two hour finale.

That's quite a gap between episodes.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

I think the division between December 2019 and January 2020 allows the CW to show gains in two different financial quarters--which should look good to their investors and advertisers.

Building up a lot of anticipation over the holidays will probaby boost the ratings for January 14. That might not mean much to ARROW, as it's ending, but that will be quite the kick in the pants for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Gonna guess Conroy's Batman is from Routh's Kingdom Come-Verse where Superman simply hasn't aged at the same rate, especially since that would (while hopefully not in a 1:1 recreation with the Daily Planet and everything, but still) offer up the chance for a Mark Hamill as Joker cameo. Plus this would essentially be putting together abstractions of Reeve Superman and DCAU Batman side-by-side as iconic equivalents, which would be perfect.
    Buh-bye

I don’t think we are going to get more than the suit or vague allusions to a Superman who is sad. Guggenheim said on Twitter you don’t need to kill Lois or even have Superman be retired to do an adaptation of Kingdom Come. Basically that that is backstory not story, and is unnecessary to do an adaptation. He also said we wouldn’t meet Returns or Kingdom Come Lois. So I don’t think we’re going to get more than Routh in the suit.

Retired

It's interesting to think about the shooting schedule and how everything is going to match in the final product. They are shooting LEGENDS now, but they won't shoot the Crisis episode for several more weeks. Meanwhile Brandon Routh is in the gym buiding up his muscles. Yet when the show airs, Crisis will be first followed by the episodes that are being filmed now yet will appear after. If Routh appears as both Ray Palmer and Kingdom Come Superman, will those scenes be filmed at the same time, when he's buff--and will Ray appear skinny afterward?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brief interview with Marc Guggenheim about Routh's Superman: https://www.slashfilm.com/crisis-on-...ths-crossover/