Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Red Leather Jacket from season 10 could work
    It would also keep the theme of each Superman looking different. Hoechlin has the most traditional (minus the trunks), Routh has the Kingdom Come, and Welling could have the Smallville. Plus, the CW wouldn't have to foot the bill for another supersuit that will only be worn a couple times...we've seen what their supersuits look like on a cheap budget (Hoechlin's, for instance), and who knows how cheap the KC suit will look. I'd rather see the money go elsewhere than for a suit Welling never wore. If he's going to appear, I want him as the Clark I watched for 10 years, not just to play "a" Superman because we recognize his face.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Retired

Looks like Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are getting kicked off the Legends and it wasn't their choice to leave. I wonder if their departure will be linked to the Crisis event somehow.

Routh was such a good Superman. Superman Returns has some great scenes and I think those scenes could provide some direction for the next Superman movie. If you had a whol Superman movie with the heart and tone of the plane rescue scene and the scene where Superman is in space hearing all the noise from earth and then he bolts down to help, you would have a masterpiece of a superhero movie. Somewhere out there is a great Superman movie. It's just going to take the right direction and staff

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Routh was such a good Superman. Superman Returns has some great scenes and I think those scenes could provide some direction for the next Superman movie. If you had a whol Superman movie with the heart and tone of the plane rescue scene and the scene where Superman is in space hearing all the noise from earth and then he bolts down to help, you would have a masterpiece of a superhero movie. Somewhere out there is a great Superman movie. It's just going to take the right direction and staff
    We could have a great Superman movie, we just need WB to have nothing at all to do with it. LOL
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Looks like Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford are getting kicked off the Legends and it wasn't their choice to leave. I wonder if their departure will be linked to the Crisis event somehow.
    Any reason given for why?
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    According to the showrunners it was a creative decision to wrap up their storylines. According to Brandon Routh on Twitter--"Not my decision "--and on Instagram:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The show has always had a rotating cast. They sometimes write people off to change the dynamics and add fresh characters to the show. Sometimes it's the cast members choice to leave (Firestorm, Wally). Sometimes it isn't (Hawks). The writers probably felt they had done all they can do with the character.

Or it could be budget. Routh probably is one of the more expensive members of the cast and his character's powers require special effects.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Retired

I think that argument that the show keeps rotating cast members works for people like Maisie Richardson-Sellers or Tala Ashe if they are written off the show, but it's another thing when you're talking about Brandon Routh and Caity Lotz, as the show was built around them. Foundational actors like Arthur Darvill, Franz Drameh and Victor Garber left because they wanted to leave, not because they were being forced to leave.

It bums me out that Brandon Routh isn't going to be around after this season--although I'm not sure if LEGENDS is going to get another season after this one, so they might be doing him a favour. I can only hope that they want to build another show around him and his wife and that's why they've been written out. The CW has already said they want to do more DC shows.

I'd also be happy if Courtney Ford was cast as Morticia Addams. To me she looks a lot like Carolyn Jones in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think that argument that the show keeps rotating cast members works for people like Maisie Richardson-Sellers or Tala Ashe if they are written off the show, but it's another thing when you're talking about Brandon Routh and Caity Lotz, as the show was built around them. Foundational actors like Arthur Darvill, Franz Drameh and Victor Garber left because they wanted to leave, not because they were being forced to leave.

It bums me out that Brandon Routh isn't going to be around after this season--although I'm not sure if LEGENDS is going to get another season after this one, so they might be doing him a favour. I can only hope that they want to build another show around him and his wife and that's why they've been written out. The CW has already said they want to do more DC shows.

I'd also be happy if Courtney Ford was cast as Morticia Addams. To me she looks a lot like Carolyn Jones in that role.

I agree this development is very weird. I wonder what's going on. I wouldn't mind Brandon having his own show as long as it's well made and written. But this is asking a lot from the CW unfortunately... I'm just not a big fan of the writers in this network.

Could it be a Superman show? Really doubt it, but who knows? Much, much prefer to see him than the other guy.

I doubt they are poaching him for a Superman show. Both he and Courtney Ford have seemed pretty down about the development. It does suck, he's been one of the best parts of that show and his bromance with Nick Zano's Steel was great. I'm really sad to see him go. But I suppose letting him go out playing Superman has a certain amount of poetic justice to the whole thing.

Though, if they are relaunching a Superman show with him and Ford as Lois, I'd be so f'n down for that. I like Hoechlin & Tulloch's Lois & Clark too. But Routh & Ford would be awesome as well.

If they're writing Routh out of Legends, but the CW wants to continue making more DC shows, I'd love to see him elsewhere. Either his Atom or Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If they're writing Routh out of Legends, but the CW wants to continue making more DC shows, I'd love to see him elsewhere. Either his Atom or Superman.
    Very strange that they don't want Routh in the show anymore.. I never truly liked him in that Legends show, so I just hope he lands a better role somewhere else soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I doubt they are poaching him for a Superman show. Both he and Courtney Ford have seemed pretty down about the development. It does suck, he's been one of the best parts of that show and his bromance with Nick Zano's Steel was great. I'm really sad to see him go. But I suppose letting him go out playing Superman has a certain amount of poetic justice to the whole thing.

Though, if they are relaunching a Superman show with him and Ford as Lois, I'd be so f'n down for that. I like Hoechlin & Tulloch's Lois & Clark too. But Routh & Ford would be awesome as well.
    Honestly I’ve wanted her to play Lois since Fallout 4

Deleted scene from Elseworlds

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Deleted scene from Elseworlds
    Wow! That's good!
    Assassinate Putin!