Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Brandon Routh’s Superman to return in COIE

Hell yeah! Always felt like Routh got shafted, he had a really good Superman performance in him. Hope he gets to shine!

I'm super-excited to see Routh get another shot at Supes. All those Superman gags finally bore fruit .

I like Brandon Routh, but I always thought he’d make a better Shazam than Superman or Atom. Not that I don’t enjoy him in Legends, but my understanding is that Arrowverse Ray isn’t very similar to comic Ray since he was supposed to be Ted Kord.

Astonishing Member

Routh had to work with an underwhelming movie from Singer. He had a good performance but the lack of action was appalling. Singer was a detriment to the Superman franchise.

The Superman Returns plane scene is seriously one of my favorite Superman scenes. Such a great action sequence. The rest of the movie is definitely flawed and underwhelming. But Routh was a great Superman/Clark Kent and he's done such an awesome job as Atom on LoT. Very excited for him to suit back up as Superman.

I wonder if they'll get a Lois to go along with him here. Durrance is already in the CW pool with her role on Supergirl last season. She'd actually make pretty great Lois to go along with Routh's Superman. The odds of Welling suiting up are probably slim to none, so it'd let them incorporate nods to Smallville and Superman Returns.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

In the few times that I've actually watched Superman Returns it always felt to me like the sum total of Singer's on-set instructions and direction to Routh amounted to 'Do your best Christopher Reeve impression'. That was it.

I was very happy to see Routh given a second chance with DC and he's turned in a far better performance as Ray Palmer. Glad to see him put on the red cape again.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This and the simultaneously-announced return of Hoechlin felt like they HAD to be givens but at the same time I was afraid to believe. So glad Routh's getting a chance at vindication as a potential A+ Superman here; I'm seeing people on Twitter say 'sources' claim Routh is playing a Kingdom Come-esque take on Superman, and if that simply means him playing a seasoned, mournful take on the character (and of course wearing a version of that suit) I'd be all-in for that. Hell, he was already sorta playing that in Returns - experienced, weighed down by the world but still determine to do right, objectively a dick in ways that apparently didn't fully register to the creators but conveying that Superman vibe so powerfully you almost don't notice. And this time he'll get to play that type of Superman in something good! And without the involvement of multiple accused pedophiles, no less!

So if reports are right about Welling in the last season of Arrow, he's pretty much gotta be in this as Superman too, right? Will he finally cross that threshold? Either way gimmie that Rosenbaum/Cryer teamup, throw Shea in on top for good measure. Also have Tulloch come back and comfort Hatcher's Lois, who tearfully explains her Clark died taking a Kryptonite egg to the face.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Glad he has the chance to play Superman again.

------------------------

"Routh is playing KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN according to insiders with knowledge!"

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...63041855238145

WTH?!?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.

"Ray?! What are you doing, dressed like Superman?" - "I am Superman. And who's Ray?" - "Hey, guys, sorry I'm late, I was... is that me dressed like Superman? Wait, is there an Earth where I'm Superman?"

I liked Superman Returns and happy he's getting another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Glad he has the chance to play Superman again.

------------------------

"Routh is playing KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN according to insiders with knowledge!"

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...63041855238145

WTH?!?
    His world has probably been destroyed like 90s Barry was. Hopefully including that creep Kevin Spacey. So Clark is probably gonna be a little sulky, maybe changes his costume to a Black S.

Retired

When I read this news this morning, CW'S COIE went from being a highly anticipated TV event to one of the greatest events I've ever anticipated in any medium.

I really admire Brandon Routh. And when he talks about Superman at comic con panels or in interviews, he clearly takes the responsibility of being Superman seriously.

I wonder if he'll have cut his hair by then--or will he be the mullet Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I liked Superman Returns and happy he's getting another shot.

Same, I'm kind of freaking out with joy because I loved him in the role. However, I'm nervous because the CW writers often let me down, especially how they write Superman.......

Also hope Jon Cryer returns as Lex!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

(Head explodes from the sheer awesomeness) It's not likely but I hope he's playing the Returns version of Superman. Just to officially connect the movies with the TV show universes. I doubt they'll get Welling into the suit though. They couldn't even do that on his own show. But who knows. Returns Superman with no Spacey and no Singer sounds like a good redemption arc.
    Assassinate Putin!