Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What I don't get about stuff like that is, what happens when they turn out to be wrong? Do they backtrack at the last minute? What do they tell people? The legal issues alone for securing the rights to all those shows and movies would be too much of a headache to bother with. There's a reason it took forever to get Muppet Babies out on DVD. Some shows can't even secure the rights to certain songs they used(cough) Mission Hill (cough).
    They do the same thing Bleeding Cool does. If they guess wrong, it's just never mentioned again. If they guess right, every single article for the next few months will remind you of that story they told you about and how it was accurate.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    They do the same thing Bleeding Cool does. If they guess wrong, it's just never mentioned again. If they guess right, every single article for the next few months will remind you of that story they told you about and how it was accurate.
    Spot-on, but you've definitely just summoned Johnston to this thread.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Spot-on, but you've definitely just summoned Johnston to this thread.
    I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Or Rich Johnston
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Routh Superman wasn't a deadbeat dad, he didn't know Lois was pregnant. But he was a d!ck because he left Lois soon after they had a sexual relationship. He supposedly loved her. Unless we go with the Superman 2 ending and he gave her the amnesia kiss lol. But later Lois started to remember when she saw Jason's powers. The loose continuity was problematic lol. And yes Returns is a sequel in more ways than not. Similar continuity, Jor-El Brando, Williams theme, same Fortress. Even some same dialogue.

Regarding the Kingdom Come Routh Superman portrayal and continuity... I hope he is the same Superman from Returns who lost his Lois. That way he can have better closure. Really hope the writers don't screw it up, but I'm not expecting something very satisfying. Hope I'm wrong, though.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 07-23-2019 at 12:43 PM.

https://www.cbr.com/flash-season-6-t...ains-chapters/

I found this interesting. Flash is splitting it’s season into two “graphic novels” pre-and-post COIE. Arrow is only running the pre-COIE. I don’t think the rest have really acknowledged either way. I wonder if they are going to use the break as a mid season “relaunch” of all the shows in a combined universe? I’m still a little skeptical that they’d give up the multiverse they have built, but I suppose anything is possible.

I still think a CW Superfamily show is unlikely while Supergirl is still going, but they did confirm Lois and baby Kent will be appearing. I think that bumps Routh’s chance of a noble sacrifice up considerably.

Retired

Well in the comics, Supergirl and Barry made noble sacrifices (Flash's sacrifice was remembered after, Supergirl's wasn't) and Kal-L, Lois and Superboy Prime survived inside a bubble outside reality. And after the old universe was destroyed and a new one was created, different versions of heroes came back. It could be something like that.

Since SUPERGIRL and BATWOMAN are both on Sunday night--I think they want to make it easy for those two characters to cross over, like how Barry and Ollie crossed over when THE FLASH first started. It probably would help both shows build their audience. And while it's pretty easy for Supergirl to reach Earth-1, as Batwoman is a more grounded character, it probably doesn't fit Kate Kane's tone to have her travelling to an alternate Earth all the time.

So a new, amalgamated Earth would make it easier to intertwine continuities and allow for some characters to be rebooted.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

My predictions for Crisis' outcomes

1)Earth 38 and Earth one will merge and be the new Arrowverse Earth. No huge changes to the existing Arrowverse Earth except retroactively both Superman and Supergirl have always been a part of Earth Arrow. Any continuity inconsistencies will just be handwaved.

2) Oliver ,Barry and Kara make it through the story,but not without major consequences. As hinted in the season 7 finale of Arrow, Oliver will be believed as dead,but like Earth 2 Superman and Lois,he will be rewarded with a happy ever after with Felicity in the Paradise dimension.

Barry will still likely disappear, but it will not be permanent. In the meantime,Wally will become the new Flash and the second half of the current season will probably focus on Wally filling in as he and team Flash have to take on protecting Central City while also searching for Barry.

Kara will be adjusting to being the premiere hero of the newly merged Earth. Earth 38/Arrowverse Superman will either lose his powers (ala the how Clark lost his powers for a while after Infinite Crisis) or otherwise retire to help with raising his and Lois' child.

Character deaths, probably a few members of Team Arrow, a couple of the Legends, Cisco/Vibe,Mon-El or Jonn Jonzz, possibly even Jimmy Olsen. I think the big heroic Sacrifice will be Routh Superman (whichever version of Superman he ends up being) with Oliver,Barry and Kara having a direct hand in the fate/merging of Earth Arrow and Earth 38.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Retired

I wonder if that place where Felicity went to join Oliver is like the place where Kal-L and Lois ended up in COIE--but maybe nicer, like a paradise island, divorced from conventional time and space. And I wonder if other heroes will also end up in that place, too. Maybe instead of dying Hoechlin Superman and Lois will be there. Others like Jay Garrick and Jesse Quick. Mehcad Brooks said that Jimmy will have a peaceful exit--so I don't think he's going to be killed--but I could see him going off to the paradise dimension to be with his pal, Superman. Maybe there's a reason for this Vallhalla of Heroes to exist--some kind of barrier between the anti-universe and the conventional universe.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman by Alex Ross:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y-by6lUbG/

Man that gets me so excited to see him in the suit for real.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Hopefully they use that as a model!
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Damn dude, that Ross picture is straight up heat. Also reminds me that we really missed the boat on Routh as Superman long term.

Dude's looks the part, can play a believable Clark/everyman, con be genuinely funny and fun on camera, and directors seem interested in having him be more than just the stoic leading man type.

Superman Returns greatest offence remains that it discovered Routh too early, and then prompted sunk his chances at continuing on as Superman on the big screen.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman by Alex Ross:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y-by6lUbG/
    I generally think Alex Ross draws a fairly ugly, vastly overrated, sexless looking Superman so this is definitely an improvement.

Hope Brandon gives a great performance of a more commanding and mature Superman. He needs to hit the gym hard to look great in the costume. Wonder when is he going to start filming.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Hope Brandon gives a great performance of a more commanding and mature Superman. He needs to hit the gym hard to look great in the costume. Wonder when is he going to start filming.
    Ha! Routh literally just posted a photo of him in the gym because he wants to bulk up enough to be worthy of the suit. He clearly does not take this role lightly. Given that this will be his swan song as the character, I hope his appearance in Crisis is worthy of him.