Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman and Spiderman rogues...

Batman and Spiderman have the best known Rogues in all of comics. So my question is what if they switched Rogues? What Batman foe would give Spiderman the hardest time? What Spiderman villain would give Batman a run for his money?

I think that Scarecrow would be the worst Batman foe for Spiderman. Peter Parker has a lot of insecurities and doubts that Scarecrow's fear gas would play right into.

As for Spiderman's villains I think it would be great to see Osborne try and do a hostile take over of Wayne Enterprises.

So what do you all think?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Interesting! As cool as Scarecrow would be for Spider-Man, Peter has overcome his fears while under similar effects of Crow’s fear has, like Mysterio’s illusions, Kraven’s poisons in the current run. Not to mention most of Spider-Man’s fears half actually come into fruition, like Aunt May and MJ being targeted, and he kept on fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Interesting! As cool as Scarecrow would be for Spider-Man, Peter has overcome his fears while under similar effects of Crow’s fear has, like Mysterio’s illusions, Kraven’s poisons in the current run. Not to mention most of Spider-Man’s fears half actually come into fruition, like Aunt May and MJ being targeted, and he kept on fighting.

Thanks for the heads up. I havnt read any of the current run. I will have to think hard and come up with a new villain.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

I think there's such a strong similarity between Batman and Spider-Man's rogues, it'd be a bit hard to find one with abilities or methodologies that one has come up against that the other hasn't.

That being said, I'd think it'd be interesting to see Batman go up against the likes of Venom. Venom, I think, would be a nice antagonist to sort of mess with his mind because the symbiote would offer a way for Bruce to be more effective at being Batman. For someone like Bruce, for whom the mission is so important, that would be a strong temptation. Though, ironically, that was actually a core theme at the center of the Batman: Venom arc.

As for Spider-Man, I'd like to see him go up against someone like Poison Ivy or Ra's al Ghul. Poison Ivy because I think it'd just be fun to see Spider-Man cope with that kind of an adversary. But I think Ra's would provide a more interesting adversary. Peter's whole story began with him losing the only father figure he ever had. So, Ra's coming along and offering that to him would be compelling to see.

I do know Selina isn't going to be happy with a white-haired knockoff running around...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wasn't there a similar thread like this before?
    Anyway, Green Goblin and Joker exchange is an obvious choice so yeah... or Hobgoblin from the 90s cartoon since he's voiced by Mark Hamill

Astonishing Member

I feel like there's a lot of overlap. Batman isn't Spidey, he isn't friendly, but he is rather "Neighborhood". He goes global but really sticks to Gotham a lot, to the point where various JLA runs have been like "I'll be a reserve. Gotham needs me."

If this were to be the case, or was a group project experiment, I'd want redesigns. Not like hyper-dramatic redesigns - I want the characters to be the characters they are and to see how the switch-up plays out. But like, I'd want to see some Steve Ditko looking versions of Batman's goons, and some Silver Age Bat-era takes on the Spider-villains.

Bat-Venom would be dope, since Venom would instead of aping Spider-Man's style in a poison way, copy the imagery of a Bat. I mean at that point I doubt he'd even call himself "Venom". Maybe "Rabies", though.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Bat-Venom would be dope, since Venom would instead of aping Spider-Man's style in a poison way, copy the imagery of a Bat.
    I think I just had a nerdgasm. I'd actually kill to see this in a crossover.

EDIT: And don't ya know, I just had to go find some fanart of this:

I mean at that point I doubt he'd even call himself "Venom". Maybe "Rabies", though.
    New symbiote name, anyone?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-19-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

Whoa, the last one looks great!

Spider-Man wouldn't have any problems against most of Batman's rogues....Spidey is a 10-50 tonner right? I mean, he can literally punch Bane and Killer Croc once and knock them the hell out.

He would probably have issues with Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter....those types. But the rest would be a joke to him.

Batman would have a lot of problems with Rhino, Venom, Doc Ock, Lizard....he would need some serious prep time.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Spider-Man wouldn't have any problems against most of Batman's rogues....Spidey is a 10-50 tonner right? I mean, he can literally punch Bane and Killer Croc once and knock them the hell out.

He would probably have issues with Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter....those types. But the rest would be a joke to him.

Batman would have a lot of problems with Rhino, Venom, Doc Ock, Lizard....he would need some serious prep time.
    Yeah, because punching Clayface works so well...

Ivy... I think she would make a Venus Spider Trap.

Joker, well, he "drops" a cannister of Joker Venom (gas version), and I don't think that mask has an air filter.

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Man wouldn't have any problems against most of Batman's rogues...Spidey is a 10-50 tonner right? I mean, he can literally punch Bane and Killer Croc once and knock them the hell out.
    Well, I mean, if Kingpin, Mysterio, Chameleon, and Kraven are able to give Peter a run for his money and they don't have any real "powers" to speak of...
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-19-2019 at 11:57 PM.

How about Doc Ock in his Master Planer persona? He could start a gang war with Black mask and Two Face for control of Gothams Mobs. Batman would have to contend with that.

I could see the Kingpin giving Batman the most trouble because aside from being a force of physicality, his true power lies in what he can do systematically. I can't see any of the Gotham City mobsters being able to contend with him. On top of that, Fisk can come at Bruce Wayne from the business front or from the political front (as he's currently doing).

For Spider-Man, Man Bat would be a formidable adversary for him considering he's often up against animal-man hybrids like the Lizard. Spider-Man's best battles are often fought from a psychological level. Even though he wouldn't pose that much of a threat to him physically, psychologically Hugo Strange could find a way to hurt Spider-Man where it counts the most.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The physicals no, but the likes of Hugo Strange and Scarecrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

New symbiote name, anyone?
    Gosh I LOVE this kind of crossover and fan arts.