Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kyoukai vs Seta Sojiro

Kyoukai from Kingdom takes on Sojiro from Rorouni Kenshin in the Shaolin temple. Who takes it?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sojiro... Like easily. He's way faster than Kyoukai.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Sojiro... Like easily. He's way faster than Kyoukai.
    My understanding is that, while incredibly fast, most high tier fighters in Rorouni Kenshin are definitely not bullet timers. Kenshin needing a gatling gun to jam before he could rush in being a definitive example. When he and Sojiro had their second fight, they crossed about 20-30 feet in the span of time it took a drop of sweat to hit the ground from an average-sized woman's chin. And Sojiro ramped it up several notches after that.

It doesn't seem to me really beyond what Kingdom gets up to. If anything Kingdom's high tiers carve through way more people at once.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

My understanding is that, while incredibly fast, most high tier fighters in Rorouni Kenshin are definitely not bullet timers.
    Kenshin has deflected bullets long before getting his groove back, let alone learning the succession technique. Sanosuke deflected an artillery shell at close range. All of this was established as the movement happening after the shots were fired.

Kenshin needing a gatling gun to jam before he could rush in being a definitive example.
    Extremely situational, this one, but largely PIS anyway, as he should have been able to move across the room before the guy firing the gun could perceive him anyway. Even so, in the comics at the time, he remarks on being able to deflect bullets IIRC. The idea of the scene is that A. It's a gatling gun, and B. The guy firing it is set up in a perfect position to use it where they have to come through a doorway and make it across an open space.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-19-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Extremely situational, this one, but largely PIS anyway, as he should have been able to move across the room before the guy firing the gun could perceive him anyway. Even so, in the comics at the time, he remarks on being able to deflect bullets IIRC. The idea of the scene is that A. It's a gatling gun, and B. The guy firing it is set up in a perfect position to use it where they have to come through a doorway and make it across an open space.
    It should also be noted that Kenshin had just gotten done fighting Aoshi and had three bloody cuts on his chest at the time.

Just saying.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Yeah looking at the scene in the comic again, Kanryuu comes out of nowhere immediately after the fight with Aoshi and starts filling the room with lead while Kenshin is separated from his sword and Aoshi is still trying to get up. Oniwabanshu members jump in to protect Aoshi while the longarm dude gives Kenshin a chance to get his sword. The problem presented is more that Kenshin needs to get across the room to grab his sword while under fire. It's not really got anything to do with their immediate ability to dodge under even terms.

Of course it's still PIS as Kenshin should be perfectly capable of just smacking Kanryuu with his saya or something, but whatever.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    My understanding is that, while incredibly fast, most high tier fighters in Rorouni Kenshin are definitely not bullet timers. Kenshin needing a gatling gun to jam before he could rush in being a definitive example. When he and Sojiro had their second fight, they crossed about 20-30 feet in the span of time it took a drop of sweat to hit the ground from an average-sized woman's chin. And Sojiro ramped it up several notches after that.

It doesn't seem to me really beyond what Kingdom gets up to. If anything Kingdom's high tiers carve through way more people at once.
    You can make the argument that Ruroni Kenshin characters aren't that fast if you want, it doesn't change the fact that Kyoukai doesn't have feats that put her that far beyond comic book peak human.

Soujiro and his contemporaries are straight metahuman.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I had forgotten about Kenshin deflecting the gatling bullets in that scene after the Aoshi fight. Perhaps I should have acknowledged it immediately to preempt the pile on.

Strength and skill feats aside, speed alone is enough to determine the winner here.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 07-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.