Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead : "The Whisperer War" - Season 10

The 10th season of the Walking Dead has begun to heat up as at SDCC they released the trailer for it. This 10th season likely will see the return of Lauren Cohen (Maggie) and the departure of Michonne (Danai Gurira). The War against the Whisperers begins.

They also showed a teaser of the 1st Walking Dead movie with an image of New York in the background it appears.

Also at SDCC , Robert Kirkman did tease possibly that Negan may get a comic book inspired Walking Dead spin-off series. That he teased that Negan was still alive in comics after all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Kind of curious about how things will play vs the comics. It's interesting they're focusing on the sea a lot, as this was something that happened in the original storyline and was key to defeating the Whisperer's horde.

I'm thinking there might be a loss for Gabriel/Rosita/Siddiq/Eugene. They seem to be in the most dire situations in the trailer. There's speculation that Siddiq wasn't telling the whole truth about him being spared....

If Maggie returns it should be interesting considering Hilltop is arguably the community with the most Whisperer casualties...and I think she was pretty close to Enid and Tara.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So Christina Serratos is in talks to play Selena (Singer who was tragically killed in the 90's, also played by J.Lo in an earlier movie) in a Netflix bioigraphical TV show. Wonder what that'll mean for Rosita? We've seen actresses leave after getting other opportunities (Soneqa Martin Green, Lauren recently although she might come back)

Also there's a new clip of Daryl and Carol around, looks like Oceanside is now actually building a fleet and Carol has been on the boat looking for/trading with other groups like Michonne in the comics. Also that she's been sharing letters with Maggie (Which probably means Maggie's aware that Hilltop's been through one hell of a rough patch).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-21-2019 at 07:23 AM.

There's a fun new clip of Eugene giving a 1930's-50's style PSA about the flu.

I know it's meant to be sort of just kind of retro-goofy in the same way the "Fallout" games does it, but it makes me wonder if they've sort of got the capacity to film movies again (apart from the old cartoons they played last season), apart from of course Althea's camcorder in FTWD.

Forbes goes all in and dismantles the **** show Fear the Walking Dead has became.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...as-become/amp/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I'm still on season 4 but yeah I can see why people aren't fond of it now. Also, it's kind of weird that even after they stopped doing the flashbacks to the stadium, the "present" appears all washed out color wise, when there's no need to make it different at this point.

There's also a season read script table read clip on youtube now (and part of the scene later) where Eugene is helping Siddiq/Rosita/Gabriel with the baby by making, of course, an overly detailed chart. Curiously though in the table read there seems to be production concept art of satellites. Makes me wonder if there's some meaning there. The show hasn't dealt too much with space apart from one instance in "Fear"....although it's perhaps worth noting that the virus from the George Romero movies that of course inspired The Walking Dead apparently was radioactivity from a probe sent to Venus and back....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-19-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Fear needs to be renamed "Yo-Yo of the Dead". It's been so up and down. And it's currently down. Morgan is wearing on me, despite being one of the true strengths of TWD. They really should have written the survivors heading to Alexandria like we were teased.

I like John, and I know he's a marksman, but some of the shots he makes are totally outrageous. That trick a while back with the axe blade in which he split the bullet and was able to hit two walkers? C'mon.

The whole walkie-talkie thing is laughable. At least the gasoline issue is worked into the plot.

I still watch the show, since I like plenty of the characters. But I don't know how long I can stay with it. The 3rd show has to be better.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Fear needs to be renamed "Yo-Yo of the Dead". It's been so up and down. And it's currently down. Morgan is wearing on me, despite being one of the true strengths of TWD. They really should have written the survivors heading to Alexandria like we were teased.

I like John, and I know he's a marksman, but some of the shots he makes are totally outrageous. That trick a while back with the axe blade in which he split the bullet and was able to hit two walkers? C'mon.

The whole walkie-talkie thing is laughable. At least the gasoline issue is worked into the plot.

I still watch the show, since I like plenty of the characters. But I don't know how long I can stay with it. The 3rd show has to be better.
    To me, Fear is at least watchable.

The main show is just off on a tangent. It's like Preacher, except it has managed to stay a bit closer to the source material.

Fear?

No source? No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To me, Fear is at least watchable.

The main show is just off on a tangent. It's like Preacher, except it has managed to stay a bit closer to the source material.

Fear?

No source? No problem.
    The main show has never followed the source material. Not with people they added to start the show from season #1 and what they added to pad the show out that 1st season to make it work.

Maybe someone needs to come in with a better road map for Fear. Because honestly its off the rails and as Forbes points out its gotten completely awful with silly premise they set up this season. It could have been a good show had they worked on getting the cast to Alexandria. It also meant wrapping the series as a whole and blending the cast in eventually.

Hopefully the 3rd show doesn't hire anyone from Fear to the writing staff.

I'd say it sort of follows the major storylines from the comics (Atlanta/farm/prison/Governor/Hunters/Alexandria/Saviors/Whisperers), although of course with padding and changes as you said-The hunters becoming Terminus, extra storylines like Beth at the hospital etc.

Is Jesus dead? Just saw some show call Prodical son on Hulu and I swear that was my man Jesus. (I'm way behind.)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is Jesus dead? Just saw some show call Prodical son on Hulu and I swear that was my man Jesus. (I'm way behind.)
    Just try to forget you saw anything...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just try to forget you saw anything...
    Ahh I'm only half hearted with this show now anyway. Thanks for the answer lol

Jesus was killed at the beginning of the Whisperer war by getting stabbed in the back (He didn't turn into a walker as Aaron quickly put him down-there were hints that they were heading in the direction of the comics with their relationship, but that pretty much ended it).

Usually if an actor gets a leading part in a new show than that looks like their TWD time will be short-people pretty much called it that Sasha was done when Green was cast as the lead in Star Trek Discovery. Cohan left because she had her show, although that got cancelled. Danai has gotten a higher profile in films thanks in part to the MCU so that's why she's leaving.

Serratos I think has a new Selena miniseries she's working on so I'm not sure Rosita will be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Jesus was killed at the beginning of the Whisperer war by getting stabbed in the back (He didn't turn into a walker as Aaron quickly put him down-there were hints that they were heading in the direction of the comics with their relationship, but that pretty much ended it).

Usually if an actor gets a leading part in a new show than that looks like their TWD time will be short-people pretty much called it that Sasha was done when Green was cast as the lead in Star Trek Discovery. Cohan left because she had her show, although that got cancelled. Danai has gotten a higher profile in films thanks in part to the MCU so that's why she's leaving.

Serratos I think has a new Selena miniseries she's working on so I'm not sure Rosita will be around much longer.
    Its said Cohen could return due to this situation with her show cancelled as AMC would give her better money. So with Michonne leaving next the show has to rebuild around a new core cast of Darrell , Carol , Ezekiel , and Maggie. (Her return adds a 7-8 year old Hershel Greene for Daryl to be a father figure to).

I already suggest Kirkman in losing a strong black female character needs to bring in Clementine from the video games. A young girl who has killed herself to survive. (they can adapt some of the video game storylines to Walking Dead like the New Frontier etc)