Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Walking Dead 2nd episode thoughts...

-

-

-

-

-

- We get more of an expanded origin of Alpha and Beta it appears. Flashing back 7 years. The lady you believe will play a role in episode wakes up and is soon devoured in a nice twist to start it.

- This also expands on the Whisperer who gave up the baby to be nearly sacrificed last year in an episode. Given a sister , we see that the sister does not get along with her. In a scene she remembers what she lost and nearly gets bit. Beta isn't happy with her after he saves her.

- Its Beta who wears a mask in a way , which inspires Alpha as we discover. He's responsible for what the Whisperers would soon adopt.

- Beta lays it down that Alpha has to deliver the punishment to the one who lost her child. Alpha herself is going through issues over the loss of Lydia and can understand what this young girl feels. Instead of punishment , Alpha...spares her !

- Beta and Alpha bond as they each take short letters. A and B.

- Its Beta who doubts this girls commitment to Whisperers and Alpha's leadership now. His instinct is right as the girl's sister basically helps her die by being eaten by walkers as Beta watches. That she had to protect the Alpha.

- Alpha compliments her on letting her sister die. Beta isn't happy with how 3 of their people died and a few of the dead. But Alpha proclaims there is beauty with the chaos.

- Beta follows where Alpha has been going and learns she has a shrine to Lydia. Alpha had lied to everyone except Beta about Lydia being dead it appears. The 2 clash over this as Alpha has a break down mentally over her daughter never being like her.

- Alpha manages at the end to recruit Beta in the mental institution. It appears that Beta possibly is the best friend of the boy in the picture and had a mental breakdown himself over losing him when bitten. Maybe both were in mental institution but he takes his face at the end .

-
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - I must have missed it ...when did the Whisperers get a nuclear weapon ? How did they get one ?
    I believe it was simply a metaphor.

I think it's a reference to the super-herd.

Kind of curious that Alpha and Beta initially refer to each other as A and B, as that's the same code Jadis/Anne used for the helicopter, and before the Whisperers appeared many thought that was a reference to them, although there appears to be no connection to CRM and the Whisperers (Perhaps the A & B thing was intended as misdirection? Wouldn't be the first time the series has done that kind of thing....see Glenn dumpster).

It's also possible that CRM is a bit of a sort of "backdoor pilot" thing for the new spin-off as well as the Rick movies, kind of like how the basic NCIS team was introduced in JAG, and of course Star Trek TNG setting up both DS9 and VOYAGER (Also DS9 did it's share as well). Apparentally CRM might stand for three hyper-advanced communities: Monument, seen in the new show, is M. C is probably Commonwealth (and possibly the group on Eugene's radio). R's unclear, but it'd be kind of funny if Rick is probably headed there. I'm guessing this all might lead to the TV equavilent of New World Order.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-15-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It wouldn't shock me if they use Rick as the crossover star and guy who helps launch the Walking Dead : Universe series with his appearance. I do think the hints he'll appear in Fear the Walking Dead make sense. I could see him there.

Part of me hopes the rumor is true that Rick Grimes after all 3 Movies will return to the main series.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm waiting for the showdown between Alpha and Carol. You know it's coming.

Wonder if it'll go like in the comics. Both Alpha and Beta have pretty "meh" deaths in the comics, although Alpha's is at least sort of fitting.

Well we have a 3rd character who has taken a spot in Whisperers . You have Alpha , Beta and Gamma.

The pacing so far this season is a bit slow.

Negan & Aaron was decent. Looking forward to a rewatch for all that dialogue.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Anybody catch that home economics cover that suddenly became not only Carol but Sophia, Lizzie, Mika, Henry and Sam?

Watching the episode since i missed last week.

- There is wave after wave coming to Alexandria. They believe Alpha is sending them but Lydia and Eugene claim its not her. That its due to the satellite that crashed in the 1st episode. That its attracting herds.

- Carol taking drugs to keep herself up at night , so she can be searching to kill Alpha. Also Daryl realizes she is having bad dreams. (a fact we see that Carol sees images of all the kids that was under her care that has died).

- Then after a heart to heart talk with Daryl , we discover...Carol ...dreamed or hallucinated the entire deal due to pills she's on. "Truck driver ? My dad wasn't a truck driver."

- At the end its clear Carol didn't dream Gamma stalking her with walkers. Its clear she was as she awakes in the building.

Some interesting things about this....

-

-

-

-

-

- Ezekiel in grief over losing Kingdom , Ben , Henry and Carol ; plus the stress of running Hilltop seemingly contemplates suicide. Michonne stops him from this.

- Michonne and Ezekiel share a kiss as they joke "Maybe in another universe we would have been something." Michonne reveals that she lost herself awhile back and misses RicK.

- Lydia is having issues fitting in as Negan gives her some advice. Daryl doesn't agree and wants to stop that." But its clear she's being bullied by these folks and Daryl has no real solutions. Negan saves her from them by accident kills the lady responsible when he throws her to the side to help Lydia.

They seem to be implying Ezekiel might have some sort of physical illness. Obviously not a bite as those pretty much kill or at least show signs of fever within a day.

Thought I'd bump this given recent developments.

1-I'm guessing that the blood seeping into the ground in the preview of next episode *might* be of course the moment when Negan kills Alpha, although maybe it'll be different in the comics, where maybe he'll kill Beta?

2-With Rosita being sick I'm wondering if this will be when Serratos will leave, as she's doing Selena for Netflix (Trailer just arrived). Although the big players such as Andrew and Danai are announced in advance, I don't think we heard much about Masterson and Nacon leaving, who although they were "B" players were on the show for many years. Given Ezekiel's illness too I'm not sure he's long for the show either.

3-Speaking of which, looks like the Siddiq PTSD storyline is also heading toward some kind of conclusion, hinting he might be complicit with Alpha. I'm guessing it might be because Alpha might've wanted to target Rosita, which the episode did strongly hint at (and of course actually went through in the comics).

4-Also interesting that the recent Lucille 2.0 is pretty much what Michonne's wielding in the teaser trailer from a few months back.

In watching last weeks episode tonight , the last time the Walking Dead dealt with an illness running through was season #4 during the prison arc. Where the group had Hershel who was acting as doctor who was forced to treat people. Yet as we saw the illness moved so fast and they couldn't stop it in time.

Yeah, and it also had the added complication of people turning after succumbing to the illness.

Didn't appear to be done intentionally like this one though; it was implied to be some form of swine flu.

While the Walker bites are pretty much death sentences unless they're quickly cut off it appears the blood can occasionally be poisonous too but not as fatal, like what happened with Gabriel. (BTW I think most know this but the Walker virus and the bite fever are different. Everybody already has the Walker virus ("We are all infected") and will turn eventually if they die unless the brain is destroyed-hence why Beth, Governor etc. didn't reanimate. The bite is toxic on a different level, causing fever and probable death).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.