Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Probably the weakest mid-season finale ever. The cliffhanger was sorta good, but there just wasn't as much tragedy as we're used to.

I really wanted Walker Siddiq to kill Dante, but then, I guess, they wouldn't have learned about the Whisperer plot. Anyway, I've got no problem with Gabe's solution. Good riddance.

Although I agree with Carol that the Whisperers need to be dealt with ASAP, she's so half-cocked people are going to die.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Seemed a bit similar to "Start to Finish" (Season 6 mid-finale) which didn't have too many deaths but had the main characters in a pretty tight spot. But then "No Way out" happened with the death of the Anderson family, the wolf Morgan tried to save, and Carl's eye.

Doesn't look good for Jerry on the preview for the next part of the season.....

Also, it's kind of interesting that Virgil kind of resembles the comic version of Morgan, who never quite developed the same as his TV series version did.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-25-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Amazing Member

I liked most of it, hated the killing off of Siddiq, especially since he deserved more character development. Alpha's fake southern accent and speech patterns are cringe inducing. I was really rooting for Gabriel and Rosita. They better not kill off Jerry!

Seth Gillliam, who plays Gabriel, has said he wants his character's death to be the (pretty gruesome) one in the comics, although I guess that's up to the producers.

Technically Eugene wound up in a similar situation last season but far less fatal.

Astonishing Member

This half season was okay for me, but somehow the TWD vibe is missing. I wonder how long Micchone will stay in this series, heard that she will leave somewhere.

Yeah, it's been a bit more of a slow burn. Season 9 felt a bit more fresh with all the new cast members post-Rick & Maggie.

So any thoughts on the current episode? The Negan/Alpha stuff was kind of weird, and the cave stuff seems to have Carol becoming increasingly unhinged (Which also happened to her comic book counterpart, but for different reasons). Close call for Jerry but thankfully he made it, as he's one of the more fun characters on the show.

No Michonne either, although there's still a few episodes left. I'm guessing something bad happens (To Judith or perhaps RJ), as the previews show her once again with "tamed" walkers and holding what seems to be Lucille or a similar bat.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So any thoughts on the current episode? The Negan/Alpha stuff was kind of weird, and the cave stuff seems to have Carol becoming increasingly unhinged (Which also happened to her comic book counterpart, but for different reasons). Close call for Jerry but thankfully he made it, as he's one of the more fun characters on the show.

No Michonne either, although there's still a few episodes left. I'm guessing something bad happens (To Judith or perhaps RJ), as the previews show her once again with "tamed" walkers and holding what seems to be Lucille or a similar bat.

My friends and I were talking about removing the "o" from Carol's name, because she's been acting like Carl from season 2, doing stupid **** and causing trouble. I don't think her character will get the axe, especially with Michonne leaving the show, that leaves just Carol and Daryl as the only originals.

Maggie of course is coming back either next season or possibly at the end of this one (Maybe in the finale?). Going to be interesting to see where that goes, especially since things have gotten pretty bad since she left, with Hilltop getting pretty much the worst of Alpha's wrath.

Astonishing Member

I really dislike Carol now, more than ever. She is so annoying I almost switched off.

Glad that Jerry survived, he is a delight in this show that gets worse every season.

Any thoughts on the last episode? Lots of action after a bunch of buildup, and also some context for the Eugene/Rosita "kiss". Carol and Ezekiel also briefly back together; although I'm starting to get the feeling that Ezekiel is probably a goner after this. Usually characters are given a sort of 'spotlight' episode (s) before their deaths. Siddiq being the most recent example.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any thoughts on the last episode? Lots of action after a bunch of buildup, and also some context for the Eugene/Rosita "kiss". Carol and Ezekiel also briefly back together; although I'm starting to get the feeling that Ezekiel is probably a goner after this. Usually characters are given a sort of 'spotlight' episode (s) before their deaths. Siddiq being the most recent example.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he dies in the show soon.

He hasn't quite been the same since Shiva and his army were slaughtered during the war. He seemed to get some of his pride back with Carol & Henry and setting up the fair, but of course that all went to hell too.

Kind of curious who Michonne's "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" in the ad will be directed toward. Carol seems a likely candidate, as Ezekiel's death would further push her over the edge. Or perhaps Negan, which could explain Michonne holding the Lucille-style bat. Maybe they were just teasing with him fully becoming a good guy last season....

Apparently, AMC is issuing a warning for folks to try to steer clear of spoilers that might be out there for Sunday evening's episode.

Talking Dead has been put on hold until things calm down. Or until a real zombie apocalypse replaces the Corona hysteria, in which case the show will be extended to 2 hours each week.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002