Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I stopped watching the show in the episode before Rick disappeared. Is it worth picking up again? How has the Rick-less show been?

Quote Originally Posted by ysosrs View Post
    I stopped watching the show in the episode before Rick disappeared. Is it worth picking up again? How has the Rick-less show been?
    They've actually been pretty good for the most part. There have been changes to the creative team, and it shows. Still suffering from some PIS and CIS, and the big bad was getting annoying lately. What I do like is the meshing of the two (soon to be 3) WD shows. Hopefully we get more of that soon.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The season finale has been delayed, as post-production has been halted by the crisis.
    On infinite earths ?

Damn it, and here I thought Barry and Oliver had already dealt with it.

I personally don't like the hallucination mechanism in TV shows or movies, and we've just had 2 episodes with Michonne's and Carol's visions. Carol has had more than 1 lately. I think the scenes tend to get too drawn out and lengthy, taking away from other plotlines and slowing the pace.

I did like the Daryl/Negan scenes.

The new character looks like she can bring more comic relief to the show and ease Eugene's burden a bit.

We had thunderstorms in the area last night, so satellite signal kept going out during the show. I was trying to figure out which city the trio wandered into. I read either Pittsburgh or Philly. I didn't think they were anywhere near PA.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

It kind of seems to happen a lot in the show, more so than in the comic. Rick of course was suffering a lot from hallucinations in season 3 after Lori's death; there was even one deleted scene in which ghost Lori turned into Walker Lori....and of course the sequences in his final episode could be interpreted as hallucinations as well.

Same thing with Tyreese before his death. Morgan also occasionally hallucinated Gavin and possibly others. I suppose Lydia's false memories of her father could also be kind of be considered some form of hallucination? Carl's vision though I think was more of a dream/plan more than anything though.

Carol did go nuts in the comics but it was mostly because she felt kind of rejected by everyone and she was largely a different character than her comics counterpart (I think some of her insanity/rejection in the comics made it's way to Shane in the show; Shane dies pretty early in the comics, before the farm).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    The new character looks like she can bring more comic relief to the show and ease Eugene's burden a bit.
    If she's anything like her comic book version, she'll definitely add a bit of comedy to the show. My favourite part of the last episode.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    If she's anything like her comic book version, she'll definitely add a bit of comedy to the show. My favourite part of the last episode.
    I initially hated Princess for that, but grew to like her the more she appeared. Shame the series ended in basically the storyline she was introduced so they never had the chance to explore her further.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm a huge Carol fan, but I'm getting tired of her acting the way she's been acting lately. I was glad to see her back at the gate, with Daryl letting her in.

I also liked the Daryl/Negan scenes. If I'm remembering correctly, Rick and Negan began to trust each other in the comic, and since Rick is no longer here, Daryl would take his place.

As for Princess, I enjoyed her in the comic, but she really didn't do too much that I can remember. For some reason, something about her always reminded me of X-Men's Jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I'm a huge Carol fan, but I'm getting tired of her acting the way she's been acting lately. I was glad to see her back at the gate, with Daryl letting her in.

I also liked the Daryl/Negan scenes. If I'm remembering correctly, Rick and Negan began to trust each other in the comic, and since Rick is no longer here, Daryl would take his place.

As for Princess, I enjoyed her in the comic, but she really didn't do too much that I can remember. For some reason, something about her always reminded me of X-Men's Jubilee.
    Yeah, I definitely got a Jubilee vibe off of her, too. Not sure if Kirkman was inspired by the former to create the latter, though.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Next Sunday is the sort-of finale.

They've released a preview clip of Aaron and Alden in the windmill surrounded by Beta and the Horde marching on Alexandria. I've read some speculate that one of them might get Gabriel's death in the comic, although we kind of already got a similar scene with Eugene in season 9 (although obviously less fatal and gory).

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Next Sunday is the sort-of finale.

They've released a preview clip of Aaron and Alden in the windmill surrounded by Beta and the Horde marching on Alexandria. I've read some speculate that one of them might get Gabriel's death in the comic, although we kind of already got a similar scene with Eugene in season 9 (although obviously less fatal and gory).

I wonder if that would actually happen, and if so, which one?

Does either of them have any stories from the comic at this point to explore? In the comics, Aaron and Jesus became a couple, but Jesus is long gone on TV, so unless something else comes up, is there a reason for Aaron to stay?

He's certainly been on the show a very long time. As for Alden, originally it seemed like he could've been Maggie's new love interest (like Dante in the comics) but then she left and nothing happened. Since Enid's death along with Earl he's been the one other secondary character most hateful of the Whisperers and distrusting of defectors Lydia and Gamma, although that seemed to have eased somewhat with Gamma's last stand. Although he still has Gamma's sister's/Tammy and Earl's son to take care of. Aaron of course has a stepdaughter (The baby found in the Saviour compound), but one not as helpless perhaps. Hasn't Hilltop been through enough?

Wonder if Avengers helped elevate Ross Marquand's profile a bit. Although Red Skull was CG (using some altered footage from First Avenger) Ross did a pretty good Hugo Weaving impersonation; one of his major acting skills.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-01-2020 at 11:26 AM.

They've just stated that "that scene" doesn't happen next episode, despite the name ("The Tower"). Doesn't rule out any other deaths though.

I wonder if there's really that any Saviors left apart from Negan, Sherry, Alden, Eugene (sort of) and Dwight? The other two wives haven't been seen in a while, Laura recently was (probably) killed off...

I'm kind of reminded of when Rick took in the Woodbury refuges only for all of them to pretty much dead or walkers by the middle of season 4 unless you count Michonne and the Williams (Who eventually died later on) .

They've just stated that "that scene" doesn't happen next episode, despite the name ("The Tower"). Doesn't rule out any other deaths though.

I wonder if there's really that any Saviors left apart from Negan, Sherry, Alden, Eugene (sort of) and Dwight? The other two wives haven't been seen in a while, Laura recently was (probably) killed off...

I'm kind of reminded of when Rick took in the Woodbury refuges only for all of them to pretty much dead or walkers by the middle of season 4 unless you count Michonne and the Williams (Who eventually died later on) .
    Wasn't Jerry's wife originally a Woodbury refugee?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Nabila is from the Kingdom.

I suppose it's possible some Woodburyians made it out of the Prison's destruction and moved on to other communities, but I think most wound up killed by the jail virus, or consequences of it (Walkers in the prison or of course Carol's acts early on season 4) Governor's second group's attack (or by the Governor himself) Walkers on the road (I think in one episode you see some "leftover" remains). The evacuation bus Maggie's group discovered was pretty much all Walkers so somebody probably turned and made the others walkers, the whole thing with Carol, Mika and Lizzie etc. Plus there's a possibility any other survivors headed to a grim fate at Terminus as well before Rick, Carol and co. destroyed it.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-05-2020 at 07:49 AM.