Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Eggman (IDW Comics) sets up shop in the mainline DC/Marvel Universe

How far would IDW Dr. Eggman get in his conquest of the world, if he set up shop in:

Round I) Current DC universe (Main universe, New Earth[?] Rebirth)

Round II) Current Marvel Earth-616

Oh he is going to hate The Flash.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Just the Flash? DC hands out superspeed like candy to it's characters.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

eggman better have some mean feats

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    I don't see him doing too well.

He won't even get to use his real name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Ivo

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I keep starting to respond to this thread with stuff about videogame Eggman (who I think has the chops to be a pretty solid supervillain in DC or Marvel) and then realising it's not him being discussed
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

As of the current/most recent issue of IDW Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman has unleased his Egg (Metal) Virus on the world.

The thing about the Metal Virus is, you can infect ANYTHING with it, as long as it is alive (organic, and not already-processed), and all it takes to infect something else is simple contact with the infected organism.

The only known thing that can hold the infection at bay is super-speed, but as long as the infected keeps moving (As of now, Sonic is infected with this virus, and the cover for Issue #20 suggests that Shadow will be the next victim).

There is currently no cure for this virus.

I am pretty sure that with S.T.A.R. Labs (or any advanced DC universe) tech, Eggman could modify the Egg Virus to work on someone like Superman or the Flash. Not to mention that he could possibly hack into the Batcave's supercomputer, WayneTech servers, or LexCorp servers and cook something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    As of the current/most recent issue of IDW Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr. Eggman has unleased his Egg (Metal) Virus on the world.

The thing about the Metal Virus is, you can infect ANYTHING with it, as long as it is alive (organic, and not already-processed), and all it takes to infect something else is simple contact with the infected organism.

The only known thing that can hold the infection at bay is super-speed, but as long as the infected keeps moving (As of now, Sonic is infected with this virus, and the cover for Issue #20 suggests that Shadow will be the next victim).

There is currently no cure for this virus.

I am pretty sure that with S.T.A.R. Labs (or any advanced DC universe) tech, Eggman could modify the Egg Virus to work on someone like Superman or the Flash. Not to mention that he could possibly hack into the Batcave's supercomputer, WayneTech servers, or LexCorp servers and cook something up.
    give reed, tony, val, both hanks, and doom 5 minutes.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Marvel, that one universe where being a super genius is shockingly not that big a deal.

Val?

Also, which other Hank are you referring to besides Dr. Pym?

I have no doubt that Reed and/or Doom could potentially create a cure, but given the highly contagious nature of the virus and how quickly and how wide Eggman could spread it in a city of millions (not counting nonhuman flora and fauna), I think it would spread faster than the clap through a 19th century bordello.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Val?

I have no doubt that Reed and/or Doom could potentially create a cure, but given the highly contagious nature of the virus and how quickly and how wide Eggman could spread it in a city of millions (not counting nonhuman flora and fauna), I think it would spread faster than the clap through a 19th century bordello.
    But it might be resolved just as quickly. Marvel does that sometimes when something really looks bad might get resolved pretty quickly when the heroes are on the ball.

Val?

valeria richards, reed's daughter and doom's god-daughter. she's just as smart as both of them.

the other hank is hank mccoy, aka, beast.

also, you are underselling just how damn smart marvel's big brains are.

Incredible Member

In DC I highly doubt he gets Past Batman, Lex Luthor or Mr. Terrific.

In Marvel Hank Pym might be able to handle him alone if he puts his mind to.

valeria richards, reed's daughter and doom's god-daughter. she's just as smart as both of them.

the other hank is hank mccoy, aka, beast.

also, you are underselling just how damn smart marvel's big brains are.
    Beast?

Unless you're referring to Dark Beast (Age of Apocalypse), I don't think that Regular Beast could counteract something like the Metal Virus; he is neither a roboticist or a geneticist (after all, the Metal Virus is biomechanical/techno-organic in nature; think of it as a primitive/prototype version of machine phase matter-- the same stuff that turned John Connor into a Terminator).

Yes, mainline Beast is a genius, but you'd think that things like (nano)robotics and genetics would be beyond his paygrade...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    In DC I highly doubt he gets Past Batman, Lex Luthor or Mr. Terrific.

In Marvel Hank Pym might be able to handle him alone if he puts his mind to.
    Featwise, possibly--but Dr. Eggman DOES have an I.Q. of 300, which does exceed that of both Batman AND Luthor, who is--according to Red Son Brainiac--a "Level IX Intelligence". Possibly exceeds that of some of Marvel's biggest brains.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 07-20-2019 at 07:44 PM.