Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Amazing Mary Jane mini-series by Leah Williams and Carlos Gomez

Leah Williams/Carlos Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Leah Williams/Carlos Gomez
    Conflicted. I love Mary Jane, but I don't care for the creative team.

Also, let's keep in mind that Marvel does not treat redheads appropriately.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-19-2019 at 01:23 PM.

I was expecting to see this plot in ASM.

So I’m assuming that the plot point for issue 29 is Mj deciding to go to Hollywood probably leaving Peter in New York. I’m going to assume they will try the long distance relationship. But the synopsis is masking me think Kindred is gonna to be around for a long time if he will be in two books basically
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So I’m assuming that the plot point for issue 29 is Mj deciding to go to Hollywood probably leaving Peter in New York. I’m going to assume they will try the long distance relationship. But the synopsis is masking me think Kindred is gonna to be around for a long time if he will be in two books basically
    How long is this Mary Jane series going to be? Was it announced as an ongoing or a limited series? I don't want to see them apart for too long. It hurts, lol.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-19-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    How long is this Mary Jane series going to be? Was it announced as an ongoing or a limited series? I don't want to see them apart for too long. It hurts, lol.
    Ongoing but I do wonder if she can headline a series by herself though

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Ongoing but I do wonder if she can headline a series by herself though
    How interesting that Marvel would do that. I'd be the first in line to support her book but I don't like the creative team. I wish Spencer had complete control over her character.

How interesting that Marvel would do that. I'd be the first in line to support her book but I don't like the creative team. I wish Spencer had complete control over her character.
    Same I had a feeling this might happen with Mj but I seriously doubt it will last longer than 12 issues but I would like to be proven wrong

Mighty Member

Williams said it's a five issue mini

You're right. I hadn't bothered to check either of their Twitter accounts. So the entire story line between Mysterio, Kindred, and MJ's fake job will probably be handled here.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Williams said it's a five issue mini
    You're right. I hadn't bothered to check either of their Twitter accounts. So the entire story line between Mysterio, Kindred, and MJ's fake job will probably be handled here.
    Even better then they will borrow Mj and return her back to Peter within 5 months

Excited about this! I love MJ, Lois Lane too, and I love they’re getting some attention. Definitely in!

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Excited about this! I love MJ, Lois Lane too, and I love they’re getting some attention. Definitely in!
    It is starting to feel like a supporting cast renaissance, isn't it?! Black Cat, Mary Jane Watson, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, so many of the most memorable supporting cast are getting the spotlight!

I was already on board with this since I like Williams' work, but it looks like she has a background in Hollywood too, which should give her some extra perspective on the story.

And let's face it, it's kind of amazing for this to happen; MJ getting her own mini would be unthinkable just two years ago.