Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, although Kate Leth (Patsy Walker, a.k.a. Hellcat) did write a backup story centered around MJ and Annie for issue 1 of the Renew Your Vows ongoing and Louise Simonson (creator of Power Pack) was the writer of ASM Annual 19 that centered on Mary Jane being mistaken for Spider-Man's alter ego by Alistair Smythe and cleverly working her way out of that, so it's not like this (female writers handling Mary Jane Watson as a primary character and not "merely" a supporting role) hasn't happened before.
    Jody Houser wrote RYV from #13 (which outsold Slott's ASM that month) all the way to RYV#21. Just to add to that.

I agree, it's happened before but not too often. And yeah, it's a real shame we don't have many female creators working on Spider-Man. I'd add Ann Nocenti to that list. She wrote the famous "Mad Dog Ward" story which was more Peter focused but pretty interesting. Spider-Gwen is written by Seanan Mcguire.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Looking forward to getting this. Just hope I'm not disappointed now LOL.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Parker View Post
    Everybody buy a 100 copies.
    LOL I like the enthusiasm but I wouldn't be able to afford a 100 copies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Oh, God, no. She's so above that. That's borderline sleazy work. Why would you want that?
    I wiill get the MJ series as am Amazing tie-in, but after the 5 issues, I want MJ back on Amazing, and will not buy an ongoing featuring her ( or anyone) in Hollywood.Why? I am someone who has ZERO interest in Hollywood ( even on a fictional basis). For example: With the exception of 'Into The Spider Verse, I cannot even name Oscar nominees ( let alone winners) from this year, and I never even heard of the Models Inc comic until yestetday.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Jody Houser wrote RYV from #13 (which outsold Slott's ASM that month) all the way to RYV#21. Just to add to that.

I agree, it's happened before but not too often. And yeah, it's a real shame we don't have many female creators working on Spider-Man. I'd add Ann Nocenti to that list. She wrote the famous "Mad Dog Ward" story which was more Peter focused but pretty interesting. Spider-Gwen is written by Seanan Mcguire.
    #23, actually, followed by the Spider-Girls miniseries that tied into Spider-Geddon while wrapping up some of the plots left dangling in RYV's final arc.

Also, I think I might've read Ann Nocenti's Mad Dog Ward story in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection titled "Venom," which was a pretty good look into how the genuinely mentally ill (not merely the supervillain-level "mentally ill") could be mistreated by the mental healthcare system. I would add that Nocenti wrote an arc in Spectacular Spider-Man #213-214 having Spider-Man go up against Typhoid Mary after Peter attempted to reach out to her innocent Mary Walker personality, only for Typhoid to taunt and attack Mary Jane at their apartment that Peter had invited Mary Walker to when he thought she was just a helpless witness to Typhoid's murderous activities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The artist for this series Carlos Gomez posted this on his instagram:

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

Capture.jpg
    Ha, the Spidey heart shirt .

His MJ is a cutie .

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

Capture.jpg
    Very nice work! Is he the colorist as well or is it someone else?

Something about that pic had a Dodson feel to it. Liking the art. My only issue is while I am a huge mj fan I just don’t have faith in this series. I do wish that Spencer would be the one working on this plot in a ASM. Damn this Kindred plot looks like it’s going to run for quite some time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing, juan678.
    The spider is always on the hunt.