Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also, the Claire Bible vision that Nik posted showed many galaxies also bring encroached upon by the misfired Giga Slave.
    Yup. It's really weird to see galaxies given the lore about the sea of chaos, but the galaxies are definitely there.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Yup. It's really weird to see galaxies given the lore about the sea of chaos, but the galaxies are definitely there.
    Eh, the way I understand it, the Golden Sea of Chaos/The Lord of Nightmares is the infinitely large well of sentient power within which multiple universes (with each have multiple timelines) spontaneously generated. Like a living version of the area that Dragonball Super's Tournament of Power took place in.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-21-2019 at 12:48 PM.

In the main timeline, Lina destroys Shabby with a crappy version of the G-slave. Then she meets Amelia.
    In an alternate timeline, Auntie Aqua shows a vision of Lina having met Amelia before her confrontation with Shabby then accidentally blowing up the universe. And you can clearly see multiple galaxies basically being drawn towards the explosion of the G-slave.

In the main timeline during the events of Slayers TRY, Lina-tachi fights against Darkstar and Vorfeed who came from another universe, who then performed a fusion dance in order to give L-sama the finger since they realize she made them fight for no apparent reason other than her amusement. Lina uses weapons of light like the Gorunova, Regdo Mezegis, Galveira, and some others to defeat this monster. Also, Filia and Xelloss made Shabby and Suifeed do their own fusion-ha to finally destroy the DS/Vorfeed combo.

THEN, there is Lost Universe in which Vorfeed and Darkstar are cosmic entities, but somehow in spaceship form. Also, the same Gorunova, Regdo Mezegis, Galveira and others that were in Lina's universe are no longer weapons but spaceships themselves, as well.

And no, you cannot make the argument that Slayers is just an underdeveloped planet in the "Lost Universe" because they have their OWN version of Vorfeed and Dark Stars.

So, in short, each "staff" that L-sama created (accidentally) are their own verses(multi) each with their own timelines and realities and each of those timelines and realities containing their Dark Lord/Kami in one form or another, but always cosmic. And it is theoretically possible for any being from one staff to travel to another staff.

It's too bad we never got to see what Kanzaka did with the Chaotic Blue and DeathFog verses.
    Last edited by Kuro; 07-21-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    In the main timeline, Lina destroys Shabby with a crappy version of the G-slave. Then she meets Amelia.
    In an alternate timeline, Auntie Aqua shows a vision of Lina having met Amelia before her confrontation with Shabby then accidentally blowing up the universe. And you can clearly see multiple galaxies basically being drawn towards the explosion of the G-slave.

In the main timeline during the events of Slayers TRY, Lina-tachi fights against Darkstar and Vorfeed who came from another universe, who then performed a fusion dance in order to give L-sama the finger since they realize she made them fight for no apparent reason other than her amusement. Lina uses weapons of light like the Gorunova, Regdo Mezegis, Galveira, and some others to defeat this monster. Also, Filia and Xelloss made Shabby and Suifeed do their own fusion-ha to finally destroy the DS/Vorfeed combo.

THEN, there is Lost Universe in which Vorfeed and Darkstar are cosmic entities, but somehow in spaceship form. Also, the same Gorunova, Regdo Mezegis, Galveira and others that were in Lina's universe are no longer weapons but spaceships themselves, as well.

And no, you cannot make the argument that Slayers is just an underdeveloped planet in the "Lost Universe" because they have their OWN version of Vorfeed and Dark Stars.

So, in short, each "staff" that L-sama created (accidentally) are their own verses(multi) each with their own timelines and realities and each of those timelines and realities containing their Dark Lord/Kami in one form or another, but always cosmic.

It's too bad we never got to see what Kanzaka did with the Chaotic Blue and DeathFog verses.
    Well, he might possibly do something with them in the future since he recently started writing a new series of Slayers novels that take place after Volume 15 and talked about how one of the new sagas in the books will basically be a novel version of Slayers Try. (shrugs)
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-21-2019 at 12:21 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    <snip>

<snip>
    It makes more sense if you consider the entities' concept static between universes, but displayed according to the universe they are in. An almighty weapon in the Slayers universe would be a powerful magical artifact/weapon. In a Sci-fi universe like Lost Universe, an almighty weapon would be an invincible spaceship.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Didnt the author flat out deny any correlation between Slayers and Lost? IIRC they basically said "names are the same cuz I think they sound cool but no other reason"
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Didnt the author flat out deny any correlation between Slayers and Lost? IIRC they basically said "names are the same cuz I think they sound cool but no other reason"
    For the novels, yes, it's all coincidence(though, that's what he said in the first volume of Lost Universe but Kanzaka's been known to change his mind if he thinks a certain narrative works, so I don't know if that would be his answer now, especially now that he's claiming that he's going to adapt the plot of Slayers Try into the novels). In the anime, The universes are interconnected and the events of Lost Universe is established to technically takes place thousands of years before the events of TRY.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!