Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: WWE Fantasy G1

  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default WWE Fantasy G1

    This is, essentially, a version of New Japan's G1 Climax, using Wrestlers in their primes from across WWE's history.

    For those unfamiliar with the G1 Climax, there are two blocks, A block and B Block. Each Block has 10 Wrestlers in it. Each Wrestler in the Blocks will Wrestle everyone from their Block at least once. They get 2 points for a Victory, 1 point for a time limit draw, and 0 points for a loss. At the end, the wrestler with the most points in each Block have a match.

    Block A: Brock Lesnar, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Braun Strowman, Goldberg, CM Punk, Mick Foley, Kane, Ric Flair, AJ Styles

    Block B: Kofi Kingston, The Undertaker, Daniel Bryan, Sting, John Cena, The Rock, Bret Hart , Macho Man Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Shinsuke Nakamura
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 07-20-2019 at 09:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Probably comes down to Prime Brock, Goldberg or Hogan vs Prime Andre.

    And in the end, it’s Prime Andre.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Probably comes down to Prime Brock, Goldberg or Hogan vs Prime Andre.

    And in the end, it’s Prime Andre.
    You don't think Prime Yaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, or Cena have a chance against Andre?

  4. #4
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Not Prime Andre, no. This means pre-Rock & Wrestling Era Andre. Guy was an utter beast.

  5. #5
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not Prime Andre, no. This means pre-Rock & Wrestling Era Andre. Guy was an utter beast.
    yeah prime andre was freaky fast and agile for a man his size. add his legit inhuman power and he's not someone you can beat. not by yourself anyway.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Well, in the interest of having a less obvious winner, I'd subbed out Andre for Sting

  7. #7
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Well, in the interest of having a less obvious winner, I'd subbed out Andre for Sting
    surfer, crow, wolfpac, evil fucker, MEM, or joker sting?

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    surfer, crow, wolfpac, evil fucker, MEM, or joker sting?
    Whichever would be considered his prime, so I'd assume Surfer, Crow, or Wolfpac Sting

  9. #9
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Whichever would be considered his prime, so I'd assume Surfer, Crow, or Wolfpac Sting
    you could also say MEM is good too since he was going up against prime aj, joe and kurt.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    you could also say MEM is good too since he was going up against prime aj, joe and kurt.
    Well I'll let Y'all make the call on when these Wrestlers were in their primes

  11. #11
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    you could also say MEM is good too since he was going up against prime aj, joe and kurt.
    AJ & Joe, yes. TNA Kurt was not Prime Kurt. Prime Kurt was the WWE Kurt in the era of his feuds with Benoit, HBK etc.

  12. #12
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    AJ & Joe, yes. TNA Kurt was not Prime Kurt. Prime Kurt was the WWE Kurt in the era of his feuds with Benoit, HBK etc.
    i still say early TNA kurt is part of his prime. his trilogy with joe was probably the best matches of his career.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    This is, essentially, a version of New Japan's G1 Climax, using Wrestlers in their primes from across WWE's history.

    For those unfamiliar with the G1 Climax, there are two blocks, A block and B Block. Each Block has 10 Wrestlers in it. Each Wrestler in the Blocks will Wrestle everyone from their Block at least once. They get 2 points for a Victory, 1 point for a time limit draw, and 0 points for a loss. At the end, the wrestler with the most points in each Block have a match.

    Block A: Brock Lesnar, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Braun Strowman, Goldberg, CM Punk, Mick Foley, Kane, Ric Flair, AJ Styles

    Block B: Kofi Kingston, The Undertaker, Daniel Bryan, Sting, John Cena, The Rock, Bret Hart , Macho Man Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, Shinsuke Nakamura
    To make things a bit easier to conceive, here's what Night One for Each Block would be

    A:
    Brock Lesnar vs. AJ Styles
    Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair
    Hulk Hogan vs. Kane
    Braun Strowman vs. Mick Foley
    Goldberg vs. CM Punk

    B:
    Kofi Kingston vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
    The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
    Daniel Bryan vs. Macho Man Randy Savage
    Sting vs. Bret Hart
    John Cena vs. The Rock

    (Some of these have actually happened, but that's inevitable)

  14. #14
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not Prime Andre, no. This means pre-Rock & Wrestling Era Andre. Guy was an utter beast.
    I'm not certain Andre can handle wrestling that many matches in a row. Andre was on painkillers early in his career. I see at least two draws/losses in that bracket (Hogan/Flair). I like prime Andre in any given matchup on any given night if he was at full health, but the schedule (Don't forget the tag matches) is too much for him. I could see Austin sneaking through that block on points.

    Second Block is Prime Taker to lose. Only the Rock has a realistic chance against him in that block. Everyone else has jobbed to him at least once.

    Undertaker should win this. More endurance.

  15. #15
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    I'm not certain Andre can handle wrestling that many matches in a row. Andre was on painkillers early in his career. I see at least two draws/losses in that bracket (Hogan/Flair). I like prime Andre in any given matchup on any given night if he was at full health, but the schedule (Don't forget the tag matches) is too much for him. I could see Austin sneaking through that block on points.

    Second Block is Prime Taker to lose. Only the Rock has a realistic chance against him in that block. Everyone else has jobbed to him at least once.

    Undertaker should win this. More endurance.
    That’s a very good point about Andre.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •