Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree with you, I rather liked Superhombre far more than DCAU Superman myself. Dude had some fire and steel in him that DCAU Supes never got, and he seemed ironically far more mentally stable than DCAU Superman.
    I loved everything with him and darkseid though. Dan turpin was awesome. Lobo and clark team up was awesome as well. For the man who has everything was good adaptation. So was warworld. There were things about dcau superman that was well done.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think DCAU Supes was pretty mentally stable in his own show. It wasn't until the Cadmus storyline that they started showing cracks.
    I believe it was under his skin all the time. The guy got pretty abused by darkseid and it showed. On top of that he was chasing after people's favour in justice league after he got brainwashed and attacked everyone in his own show. Unfortunately for superman tas, the show ended when things were getting really interesting.

The trailer pretty much focuses exclusively on Superman, from the looks of it.

I think DCAU Supes was pretty mentally stable in his own show. It wasn't until the Cadmus storyline that they started showing cracks.
    There are really two DCAU Supermen. The Daly Superman of S:TAS whom I quite enjoyed warts and all, and the Newborn Superman of JL who I enjoyed to a lesser extent but has some aspects that I take issue with. Namely that JL Superman is kind of an idiot in ways you’d really expect someone of his experience to know better. Still the Cadmus arc is probably the GOAT JL Arc, and I really enjoyed “A Better World” in a way I couldn’t with something like Injustice. Justice Lord Superman was pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I loved everything with him and darkseid though. Dan turpin was awesome. Lobo and clark team up was awesome as well. For the man who has everything was good adaptation. So was warworld. There were things about dcau superman that was well done.
    Yeah the rivalry between Darkseid and Superman was great. DCAU Lex Luthor was great. I like Livewire who comes from this show. There’s lots of stuff from the DCAU I like don’t get me wrong at all. But S:TAS was always the stepchild compared to its much more influential, popular, and successful older brother.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-05-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Finally. I was expecting the trailer to release next month so I’m happy it’s coming out this month instead.

I hope they're hovering.

Red Son trailer is finally out! https://youtu.be/BMqrRhSVfBE

Edit: Ok damn this looks great! Hyped!
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-16-2019 at 11:03 AM.

There are really two DCAU Supermen. The Daly Superman of S:TAS whom I quite enjoyed warts and all, and the Newborn Superman of JL who I enjoyed to a lesser extent but has some aspects that I take issue with. Namely that JL Superman is kind of an idiot in ways you’d really expect someone of his experience to know better. Still the Cadmus arc is probably the GOAT JL Arc, and I really enjoyed “A Better World” in a way I couldn’t with something like Injustice. Justice Lord Superman was pretty great.
    I pretty much agree with all this. BTAS and STAS both had really cool and likable versions of their characters at all times, and both were portrayed as moral paragons. JL's more like a super Game of Thrones, where you know that sooner or later, Superman and Batman, possibly both at the same time, are going to do something shortsighted and mean, and quite possibly just plain dumb at the same time. JL manages to be a truly great show anyway, especially the Cadmus arc, but it speaks volumes I think how much of the show revolves around making us buy actions I would normally despise either of them taking in another context, and making me really understand them, if not like them. The creators did a phenomenal job! But I can't help but wish they'd been less influential on casual fans.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

For some reason, my dumb @$$ was surprised to hear Superman's accent. I guess when I read the story, Superman's voice still had a bland Midwestern accent.

This probably is still my favorite Superman Elseworlds, even though I am uncomfortable with how it inspired certain stories I didn't like, but I'm pretty excited about this. My most anticipated movie since All-Star Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I pretty much agree with all this. BTAS and STAS both had really cool and likable versions of their characters at all times, and both were portrayed as moral paragons. JL's more like a super Game of Thrones, where you know that sooner or later, Superman and Batman, possibly both at the same time, are going to do something shortsighted and mean, and quite possibly just plain dumb at the same time. JL manages to be a truly great show anyway, especially the Cadmus arc, but it speaks volumes I think how much of the show revolves around making us buy actions I would normally despise either of them taking in another context, and making me really understand them, if not like them. The creators did a phenomenal job! But I can't help but wish they'd been less influential on casual fans.
    I hear you. It's like you want to reward and encourage the creative teams to take risks in their storytelling, but you don't always like the ramifications of doing so.

The first season of Newbern Superman has got to be one of the worst Supermen of all time. I don't watch CW, but of all the complaints I've read about Tyler H. Superman, S1 of Newbern Supes embodies many of those things and was probably even more boring and ineffectual. S2 and beyond had good highs and not as bad lows, so I would say I liked Supes throughout most of JLU and JL, but it's hard to ponder how they could've missed the mark so badly. But if DCAU had one primary sin about Superman, besides being weak (because they repaired that in S2 and the Batman Beyond episode), it's that they far too much played with the concept of EVIL SUPERMAN! So in that sense, if there's some overlap between the DCAU creators and Red Son, besides just Bruce Timm, then maybe they'll be operating back in their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For some reason, my dumb @$$ was surprised to hear Superman's accent. I guess when I read the story, Superman's voice still had a bland Midwestern accent.

This probably is still my favorite Superman Elseworlds, even though I am uncomfortable with how it inspired certain stories I didn't like, but I'm pretty excited about this. My most anticipated movie since All-Star Superman.
    Lol it was a bit jarring for me too, but Isaacs is a great actor so I’m sure he’s going to kill it as Superman.

Lol it was a bit jarring for me too, but Isaacs is a great actor so I’m sure he’s going to kill it as Superman.
    Maybe in honor of the animated movie's release, I'll re-read the book but using John Malkovich's epic accent from Rounders.

Looks awesome! Seems set to be a really strong adaption of the story .

It will take some time getting used to Jason Isaac's Russian accent Superman.

Diedrich Bader's Luthor is different, but fits a Cold War-era Luthor.

I wish all these movies had this animation style. Truly can’t wait for this. Red Son is in my top 3 Superman stories period.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I wish all these movies had this animation style. Truly can’t wait for this. Red Son is in my top 3 Superman stories period.
    I think then people would complain about the art style being so same-y for each film, although maybe people are more receptive to this DCAU-esque style then Bourassa's.

I'm curious what Man of Tomorrow will look like.