Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Hew, slap the Red Son "S" on him and give him a Russian accent and I could get behind the movies. *wink*

I mean, the animated has better color, but still.
    Nah! Two different characters. Red son is a man of action. He maybe misguided. But does go all in, piss people off and takes sides. Unlike redson, more like postcrisis superman, dceu superman isn't and doesn't .
    Thankfully, dceu superman doesn't give stupid irritating speeches, all the damn time. Sheesh! We get it dude. Hope, dream and flying pigs, just shut up already. But, that puts dceu superman in a wierd situation. Where he doesn't talk nor does he do much. He just stands around doing nothing,all scowling.if wally west was in dceu he would have called dceu superman, batman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-08-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nah! Two different characters. Red son is a man of action. He maybe misguided. But does go all in, piss people off and takes sides. Unlike redson, more like postcrisis superman, dceu superman isn't and doesn't .
    Thankfully, dceu superman doesn't give stupid irritating speeches, all the damn time. Sheesh! We get it dude. Hope, dream and flying pigs, just shut up already. But, that puts dceu superman in a wierd situation. Where he doesn't talk nor does he do much. He just stands around doing nothing,all scowling.if wally west was in dceu he would have called dceu superman, batman.
    Actually, I was more referring to the thought that I have a different set of criteria for Elseworlds takes than anything that's (whether by default or by design) the "mainline" interpretation, but the rest was funny.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep it’s For Tomorrow, but he does like Red Son as well. He also likes H’el lmao, gotta give it to Cavill, he’s got his own tastes and I respect that, it’s refreshing to have someone who doesn’t just list works from your generic top 10 Superman lists, but has his own unusual tastes. He grew a mustache because of Mr. Orr, he based his character in MI on Orr which I find hilarious.
    Honestly, H'El is not great, but he's underrated. Never got why he was so despised.

And yeah, I really respect that Cavill's got some unique taste! Way better than the generic Top 10 lists, like you said, haha! Even if I don't love all his faves. At all.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    An advanced (and very positive) review of Superman: Red Son

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/re...perman-red-son

It's nearly 90 mins long!
    Sounds very promising. I've really been looking forward to this. Red Son is one of my favorite AUs of all time. It doesn't just provide an interesting "What If" scenario for Superman. It demonstrates how he can still be Superman with different influences. I hope this movie captures that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s so weird hearing Brave and the Bold Batman playing Lex Luthor but I kinda dig it?

They’re hyping it up as the animated equivalent of Crisis, I really hope they have the budget for it. And O’Connell has become one of my favorite Superman VAs over the course of these movies.

They’re hyping it up as the animated equivalent of Crisis, I really hope they have the budget for it. And O’Connell has become one of my favorite Superman VAs over the course of these movies.
    It's hard to tell from a still image, but the animation looks to be more Reign level then Hush level, so that's a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to tell from a still image, but the animation looks to be more Reign level then Hush level, so that's a positive.
    I thought the Hush animation looked good, did you guys think it was cheap? I thought Hush’s problems had more to do with the story changes more than anything.

I thought the Hush animation looked good, did you guys think it was cheap? I thought Hush’s problems had more to do with the story changes more than anything.
    Personally I thought it was one of the weaker offerings visually of the four movies that year, to where I felt like it was the one they may have cheaped out a little on, but I think the story did have it's own problems.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I want DC and WB Animations to take a chance and adapt Superman stories that were made before the 90s, stories like a Golden Age inspired movie based on the early Siegel and Shuster runs, Maggin stories like Last Son Of Krypton or Miracle Monday, or crossover related stories like the Legion's Great Darkness Saga or even Superman Vs Muhammad Ali.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If you look around here it's not like those stories seem to sustain the interest of comic readers aside from the general sentiment so it's kind of a big ask for an animated production.

It’s so weird hearing Brave and the Bold Batman playing Lex Luthor but I kinda dig it?
    I like the smug tone. I like Clancy Brown but it's cool how this is different.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I want DC and WB Animations to take a chance and adapt Superman stories that were made before the 90s, stories like a Golden Age inspired movie based on the early Siegel and Shuster runs, Maggin stories like Last Son Of Krypton or Miracle Monday, or crossover related stories like the Legion's Great Darkness Saga or even Superman Vs Muhammad Ali.
    Yeah! If they do siegel and shuster superman i would want some budget on it. Because otherwise its gonna look like a cheap version of max fleischer cartoons.