Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That one pic of him looked kind of like an evil Batman.

Not that I would rule out but the whole point of Red Son Batman is that he's a more deranged and dangerous version of him to fit a universe where Superman is a Soviet Superhero. So I hope they don't change that.
    We’ll see I guess.

Well I thought we were getting the Red Son teaser trailer this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Well I thought we were getting the Red Son teaser trailer this weekend.
    I’m disappointed they didn’t put out anything too. This year has been pretty weak for DC con news. They didn’t have any big announcements for SDCC or NYCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m disappointed they didn’t put out anything too. This year has been pretty weak for DC con news. They didn’t have any big announcements for SDCC or NYCC.
    I think the biggest announcements were at the DC Universe panel, to be honest.

But the sneak peek should probably leak soon, and the trailer usually follows shortly after that.

I think this is a short snippet of the Red Son sneak peek:

Last edited by Vordan; 11-04-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Incredible Member

My biggest fear with Red Son is that they’ll Americanize it or focus on Luthor too much.

It’s the bestselling Superman story ever in Europe from what I’ve heard and has a built in international market but it really needs to retain some of its Soviet POV to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    My biggest fear with Red Son is that they’ll Americanize it or focus on Luthor too much.

It’s the bestselling Superman story ever in Europe from what I’ve heard and has a built in international market but it really needs to retain some of its Soviet POV to do that.
    Interesting that it sells so well in Europe. Different attitudes towards the Soviet Union/Russia maybe? Although it’s not like they haven’t had their own negative history with both. Focusing too much on other characters would be a mistake given that the story is mainly about Supes and how he’s both similar and different from the guy we know, but it’s Timm so who knows? Just gotta hope they realize that it’s this incarnation of Superman who is the main attraction.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Interesting that it sells so well in Europe. Different attitudes towards the Soviet Union/Russia maybe? Although it’s not like they haven’t had their own negative history with both. Focusing too much on other characters would be a mistake given that the story is mainly about Supes and how he’s both similar and different from the guy we know, but it’s Timm so who knows? Just gotta hope they realize that it’s this incarnation of Superman who is the main attraction.
    Well, timm did a great job with lor-zod superman in gods and monsters. He just doesn't get main guy.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, timm did a great job with lor-zod superman in gods and monsters. He just doesn't get main guy.
    I think he does get Supes, but Supes just doesn’t interest him, or at least the mainstream incarnations don’t. But this isn’t the mainstream incarnation so I choose to be optimistic, and hope Liu and JMD can balance out Timm.

I think he does get Supes, but Supes just doesn’t interest him, or at least the mainstream incarnations don’t. But this isn’t the mainstream incarnation so I choose to be optimistic, and hope Liu and JMD can balance out Timm.
    As I mentioned prior a few times, I felt Timm's best takes on Superman were All-Star Superman and Gods and Monsters, with the latter's being depressingly ironic because this Superman was supposed to be substantially different from the real Superman but in certain ways ended up being the way he should've written regular Superman. It's like playing a game of darts when your goal is to do anything but hit the bullseye and you end up nailing it by accident.

I think there is a lack of interest and a bit of not getting the character. Atleast not enough to pull of something mind blowing with the character.maybe the lack interest drives his ignorance regarding the character.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-05-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    As I mentioned prior a few times, I felt Timm's best takes on Superman were All-Star Superman and Gods and Monsters, with the latter's being depressingly ironic because this Superman was supposed to be substantially different from the real Superman but in certain ways ended up being the way he should've written regular Superman. It's like playing a game of darts when your goal is to do anything but hit the bullseye and you end up nailing it by accident.
    All star had its own problems though. I particularly didn't like the artstyle and the cut out an impactful moment. But, he did make a change that i like. Superman finally got to lex.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I agree with you, I rather liked Superhombre far more than DCAU Superman myself. Dude had some fire and steel in him that DCAU Supes never got, and he seemed ironically far more mentally stable than DCAU Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post

The trailer pretty much focuses exclusively on Superman, from the looks of it.
    I agree with you, I rather liked Superhombre far more than DCAU Superman myself. Dude had some fire and steel in him that DCAU Supes never got, and he seemed ironically far more mentally stable than DCAU Superman.
    I think DCAU Supes was pretty mentally stable in his own show. It wasn't until the Cadmus storyline that they started showing cracks.